• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Black Monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 51
Well guys

I'm having a problem with my pc 3 years now (yes you have heard right!!!!) and it appeard only sometimes, so I never made a big thing outa it. anyway here is my problem.

when I start my pc, my monitor wents on (as usually) and a little square at the top left corner pops up (as it normally should) then it changes every two seconds from analog to digital (as it should...) and then begans the real problem. after 'Analog'-'Digital'-'Analog'-'Digital'-'Analog' the monitor should go "normal" and should show the normal "start" pictures (you know these bios thingys and later the windows start pic and so) but it wents along: 'Analog'-'Digital'-'Analog'-'Digital' etc.... After a short time it stops, the monitor goes black, and the little light of my monitor (in the bottom mittle) starts to blink. the pc itself starts normally. I come into windows log in as usually, just that I don't see anything, because, like mentoined before, the monitor is black. (once, I could logged in, by cklicking somewhere on the screen just by luck and writing in my password, then I tried to open itunes, just by luck and it worked...I heard the music, but the damned monitor was black...) well, the first times I had that problem, I could easily put it away, with restarting the pc. after a time it worked, but then, it didn't work anymore (I didn't have that problem every day, it just was sometimes!!!) after a time, everything was okay, then it started again. I tried everything but it doesn't work anymore. now the problem is at every start, I can't get on my pc anymore. I thought formatting my pc and reinstall windows again might help, but well, I don't see anything, how can I reformat it then :/
ALSO, its not a problem of my monitor, I've tried it with 3 different ones!

sooo.... I know big wall of text :/ but maybe somebody of you knows a solution for this? I searched the whole internet but nothing >.<

btw, I'm writing now on my brothers pc now :p

~Fan

Last edited:
Level 51
well, my old monitor is now at my brothers pc, (he has two monitors now) and everything is working fine. but a computer-guy comes today and tomorrow maybe and he takes a look at it. lets see what he sais. but thanks anyway =)
I also thought that it might be something with the GPU but I didn't want to rush the things and buy instantly a new one :p

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
And if that guy is from Geek Squad, he is going to be useless, fuckers can't even diagnose a simple BIOS corruption, muchless how to fix it.

Reminds me of MS help.... Hay you wonder if they are related in any way?

MS help says contact your system administrator if problems still persist who happens to be me who is resorting to MS help to find a solution to the problems. As you can see I often swear a lot at it and resort to nonsense posts on forums via google. Whoever came up with such a bad help system....

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
BlargHonk although legally it is their system that they developed, the fault of it is not entirly theres. Someone, or somepeople working for microsoft must have come up with the idea for it and so they are to blame, if they were even the slightest bit better at their job we would not have usless help. Sigh.

Status
Not open for further replies.