• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Monitor problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
i have a problem with my monitor,a led samsung
it has a sort of white haze overlaying the image,i tried reducing the brightness but with no result
it's not so distinguishable when the image that he monitor displays has bright colors,but on darker colors,especially on black screens(like one the windows starting/loading screen)its very visible,
should i take the monitor back to the store or is there a solution?

one more thing,to adjust the monitors brightness,contrast,sharpness and all the other options i must use a program(magic tune),but in the compatibility section(on the download page of the program)i cant find my graphics card among the list of gpu supported,could this be whats causing the white haze?

Level 34
I would take it back if it's under warranty or call 800-SAMSUNG.

Are you sure you need to install the software? I have an older Samsung monitor and I certainly didn't install Magic Tune.

Level 11
the monitor is still under warranty and i cant adjust anything without that program it doesnt have any buttons(only power),without the program it just auto-adjusts itself

Level 34
That seems like a poor design idea, but that's besides the point. I really doubt it's a comparability issue. I would simply take it back.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Its probably due to poor contrast. The "haze" you see in dark images is likly the back light shinning through because the LCD is not able to filter enough light out.

Displays with high contrast ratios exhibit this problem much less. OLED displays do not have this problem at all.

Level 11
@Dr Super Good: the monitor isn't LCD,it's LED and its contrast is quite high(DCR 5,000,000:1 (Static: 600:1)) my old monitor,which was LCD,didnt have this problem
@Trojan_PwNeR: no i doesnt flash an startup

Status
Not open for further replies.