• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

WoW models in Starcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Just showing my work im making World of Warcraft Models so they can be playable in Starcraft 2.Here i will post screenshots of my progress they are 85-90% finished.

Zul'Jin:

21o5u2v.jpg

Ragnaros:

241v0xf.jpg

Illidan in Demon Form:

23rrdih.jpg

Dwarf made from Earth:

noyfqt.jpg

Obsidian Destroyer:

3009o47.jpg

Last edited:
Level 20
Well wc4:Sc2 uses WoW rips and none of the staff seem to have a problem with it, as for distributing the ripped files idk.. Yeah that's an iffy subject :/

But really, what are you doing to them?
It's far from difficult to get a unit model into sc2 from wow the only things that need prepping are structure .wmo files.. So this thread is kinda pointless right now

Level 2
Good work, we imported about 150 models in, and the map has no lag, so just throwing that out there. I know alot of people worry about lag and filesize.

Seems like Hive is the best place for WC conversions :)

We're remaking War of the 12 Kingdoms and Broken Alliances for sc2 so if you need any assistance just shoot us a pm :)

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
The major problem with WoW models is they are too low quality for SC2. Ultimatly you would want to give them the missing texture layers and physics helpers that are appropiate to the model.

Example: Ragnaros could benifit from emmisive. Instead of him being textured white, you use an emmisive to emmit white from him letting you give much finer surface detail while keeping him bright and glowy.

Level 10
So basically he's going to take his time to make a few animations for models that are already out there? My question is why...

Level 27
Well, good question. Sure, there may be some use for WoW models (Okay, honestly, it was back in WC3, but pretty much requires more efort in SC2 to make them descent), but... well yea, that's pretty much just to make these models useable in SC2. I mean, now it is officially allowed by Blizzard to use their models in other games of theirs.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
WoW animations work, but still not very well. They lack various animation features that SC2 does support such as physics. Yes you can get away with using them as a short cut, but do you still could probably improve them if you add SC2 features that WoW lacked.

Level 2
When we are done with 12 Kingdoms, we will be releasing the mods associated with it, including 150 wow models fully imported with weapons, animations, portraits, icons, response sounds, and spells.

Currently polishing some cool spells and expected about a month off for release of the actual mods.

im redoing some animations right now :)

Honestly don't bother putting time in making them by hand.
They follow the same copywrite laws as the actual models themselves (the 'iffy' part) so just use an extractor.
Unless that is you enjoy making them, in that case have 'atter.

I can haz WoW animal & plant models? SCII only came with a dog, a cow, and a mountain goat they pretend is a sheep.

^ extrator.

Status
Not open for further replies.