• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Project] Starcrafter - (WoW) Movement Library

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Starcrafter [SCR] - Movement Library

Hi Everyone,

Thought I would take the chance to share the movement library I've been working on over the past few days for a project I've decided to start work on.

It's based on the World of Warcraft movement and camera system. But none of that pseudo WoW camera stuff going around. Time and effort has been put in to getting it as close and as smooth as possible with the current options available for Starcraft Modding.

Feel free to use the movement/camera library in your own projects as long as "README" and "LICENSE" remain within.

The demo map won't have full effects as I must run all settings on low (bad computer) and cannot see what I'm doing for those advanced effects.

If anyone has any queries please let me know and I'll do my best to answer them!

Project Page
http://www.sc2mapster.com/maps/scr/

Download

Controls
  • W - Move Forward
  • S - Move Backwards
  • A - Turn Left (Strafe Left)
  • D - Turn Right (Strafe Right)
  • Shift - Hold to sprint
  • Left Mouse Button - Hold to look while moving
  • Right Mouse Button - Hold to direct movement with mouse and strafe

Screenshots