• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Starcraft 2: Modern Combat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Welcome, first I want to tell you a little about me although if your not interested you can just skip to the bottom and look at the actual idea and info about my upcoming mod for starcraft 2, Modern combat. I am a person in the world, a teen to be exact and look forward to becoming a worker at Blizzard, its been my dream since the first starcaft expansion brood wars. (oh and what happened to the lurkers blizz?) Now that I am old enough to move onto bigger modding (what I have done in the modding community is, I have modded battlefront 2 and did a little bit of modding for C&C generals) I have decided to begin my true modding experience with Starcraft 2. Also heres what I can do: Skinning, Map making, the idea behind it all. (I plan on becoming a modeling and scripting person so that I can be more apart of the modding.) At the age of 10 I made a Board game and was very successful with it in my school, at the age of 12 I started modding and then at the age of 14 I began making simple games, now I wish to continue moving up the steps towards Blizzard.

Now onto the actual mod and idea. Starcraft 2 Modern combat is my idea of a Modern 3rd person shooter that also will allow you to zoom out and go into a strategy look (so this is the idea in a nutshell: 3rd person shooter that can switch between 3rd person and RTS viewing and command.) Now the Mods time line will obviously take place in modern times, so I decided 2034 would be a good choice. So imagine being in a third person shooter, but you can make a difference by being the commander and leading your army to victory. I know this all sounds very far-fetched and nearly impossible, but I think that with Starcraft 2s engine and editor and a good modding team we can make it possible. I have already begun making maps for this mod. So thoughts, criticism and possibly help would all be appreciated.

Starcraft2ModernCombat.png

Edit 05/22/10: Story added
The year is 2034 and mankind is at its peak, but the earth is in parel there are now constant wars over the last resources
until man can move to another planet. there are currently three sides The Algin, Gormin, and the Pulse. they all stand at their own points but there is one continent left untaken, filled with many resources and would give any side an advantage over the other. The continent is called Berganta the stakes of loosing this to any side is to great and many fear that an army may be
growing in Berganta to fight for survival. Each faction has their own belief of how things should go, Pulse believes that the only way is to bring every army together an leave the planet. Algin believes they are superior and everything on earth belongs to them they believe that through brute force and strength they can win and conquer other planets. Gormin believes that if they stand back and only sending in a few armies at a time then they can wait until the other two armies are weakened from fighting each other, then if they do not cooperate and join together they will rather destroy them and move to a different planet. Pulse is currently trying to tech rush through until they have the most advanced technology to join everyone together and leave earth. Algin is currently building camps and bases in Berganta and rushing out tanks and telvees to out-power the others. Gormin is currently building up back in their border waiting until the others are weakened and only sending small armies out. More story to be added.

Last edited:
Level 3
YES its true! I have actually been able to do this, I made the view changeable via Key pressing, All I need to do now is get it to work better in third/first person view... I have been having some problems getting the camera to work, I got it to the point where it follows the unit, but it dosent follow directly behind it or infront of it. This is what I need to fix most, But so far I have been able to make it change view via Key pressing. :D Work is being done and this only took me two days to put together so far.

Level 3
yeah thanks, I have used that before but I wasnt sure if there was anything better, Oh look you dont have 666 posts anymore :D

Level 3
Sorry to announce but because of the lack of Modelers and Map space, I am putting this map on hold untill the release of SC2, But I will be working on a different project called the "Blades of Auir" I plan to make this fully third person and Have a story based on protoss. If you want to see this project I will have a topic up for it by tommorow.

Status
Not open for further replies.