• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Working on a 3rd person shooter & I'm kinda stuck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
So, I've been working on my real first map. It's going to be a 3rd person shooter staring the Tauren Space Marine. So far, I've been able to implement the 3rd person camera, moving with WASD & even shooting at enemies. While I'm pretty sure I have the correct Triggers implemented, I'm still having the following issues

*Show the health/shield bars (like the way they are shown in World of StarCraft & Mar Sara Outlaws)
*Walking backwards animation? (the legs stay stiff and the body just kinda moves backwards)
*Proper jumping (just kinda floats in the air, can then jump while still in the air)
*Respawning? (again, like in World of StarCraft)
*Using a custom loading screen (pretty sure this is a Mac-specific issue because, I've created both .DDS & .TGA images & the Editor's importer does not recognize them)

I was wondering if someone could take a look at my map & see if I missed something/screwed up royally? Thanks!

Attachments

• Tauren_Space_Marine_new.SC2Map
    140.4 KB · Views: 71
Status
Not open for further replies.