• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Starcraft 2: Metamorphosis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Okay, as noobish as i m, me and one of my little brothers are going to make a map calld "Metamorphosis" who mostly is gonna be Metastasis (Wc3) for Sc2 (the permision was given by Fel (the creator) on Metastasis's home page, if some one was botherd by my idea).

the map wil fature first person shooting, 3rd person shooting and rts (real yime strategy). and most of the game will be changed, like: the story will be dramaticly changed, npc's will be added, zerg, protoss and terran will also be included, and alot more...

The reason i m posting this thread is that i got problems finding the toturials i need to get my project going, what i need is: Toturial on how to attach units to other units (in my situation right now i want to attach spine crawlers and an infested swarm egg to an infested civilian and make it look remindebel of a flood carrier from the Halo series (Google it!!!))

i also need a toturial in how to make a first/3rd person shooter system.
That sould be all...
Thank you

Last edited:
Level 2
For starters, just by the way you are typing, what you are asking about and what it is you are attempting I doubt you will get anywhere with this map. Secondly, would you kindly link to any permission given to make a Metastasis knock off, especially since theres already Metastasis 2 in production

(Btw you cant have a first/third person shooter, they are completely different)

Ps. Please tell me English is not your native language...

Level 2
Well first. My native language is Norwegian so sorry for bad English if that where a problem.

Secant. Url: http://metastasis.thegoodsirs.com/forum/showthread.php?p=6720
the URL leads to metastasis discussion where Fel comments:
Addict is onto my secret plans of having a life sometime in the future!
No, I do not plan to make a port of Metastasis for SC2. It would be too much work for me, but I'd welcome someone else who wants to take up such a monumental task.
i do not know if this is permission enough, and to be honest. i did not know about the metastasis 2 project. but my plans is not to make an other metastasis, map but a map based on the same idea. I did not make my self clear (not clear at all from my opinion) about the idea of my map project in my description, And maybe not in this replay aether.

And THIRD: i do not know what you know or think but i don't see why first and third person view is so different. The only diffrence i know about is the placement of the "camera".

Last edited:

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
The reason i m posting this thread is that i got problems finding the toturials i need to get my project going, what i need is: Toturial on how to attach units to other units (in my situation right now i want to attach spine crawlers and an infested swarm egg to an infested civilian and make it look remindebel of a flood carrier from the Halo series (Google it!!!))
Look at the liviathan and bunker campaign units. The monster has 4 tenticles attached to it which all attack pretty accuratly while the bunker gets a great big turret mounted on top of it. Go to dependiencies and use the add standard option to add wings of liberty campaign mods to your map and then move them to the top of your list. Then just open the data editor and learn.

i also need a toturial in how to make a first/3rd person shooter system.
Currently I would avoid any system that needs low latency to play properly. Although the controls are perfectly possible in SC2 unlike in WC3, the latency is still as bad as WC3 so people will easilly get annoyed with unresponsive controls, especially if AI elements have perfect respones.

The biggest tip I can give you to making such a system is the same that applies to all programing solutions. Stop, think, breakdown and then complete bit by bit. For example think of how the camera should behave and make a system, think how the keyboard should behave and make a system and then think how they should interact and complete the system. Each one of those steps have mutliple refinements you can make until you get somthing reasonably easy to program. With such an approach you can make whole games like something that immitates tetris in under 24 hours of work.

Level 2
Ah, that thread. Fel was just QQing about SC2, he is actually in the production of Metastasis 2. Although as long as you don't rip anything directly from it I doubt he will care that you are making a knock off.

As for the English comment, sorry, I am just sick of people using "itz teh intertubes, speling is fro nubz".

For first/third person; In first person you are seeing out of your characters eyes, this allows you to make aiming much easier, hence its usage in shooting games. Third person is a viewpoint of an observer, making it more used in arcade shooters or other games requiring less accurate portrayals of shooting.
For starcraft 2, I believe first person is interesting, but third person will be much more viable, possibly an over the shoulder camera, but most likely an overhead one would work best.

Level 8
Ah, that thread. Fel was just QQing about SC2, he is actually in the production of Metastasis 2. Although as long as you don't rip anything directly from it I doubt he will care that you are making a knock off.
Indeed I was, and I'm still pretty angry over lots of SC2 things but I'm working again because it's fun to work.
I don't actually care about what you do, and even if you did it's not like I could stop you.
As for third or first person, I wouldn't recommend that because honestly SC2 is not built for either of those and lag will ensue.

Status
Not open for further replies.