• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Wow is evil, what do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
WoW is not WC4. It cannot be WC4 for one major reason. It never ends. You cannot add a sequal to a game that has no foreseen end. It would be putting an end to Blizzard's second most successful title.

Level 3
WoW and other MMORPG are a diffrent kinda of addiction. If you wan't to put it in drug terms MMORPG is the Meth of all games. It's also a known fact that if you interviewed tons of people playing a MMORPG they would say it relaxes them gets them away from life well so do drugs so you can see some similarties. It's also known just like other drugs kids can get more addicted to something and not be able to quit compared to young adults and adults. So if you wan't to solve this problem here the sulution....Parents need to learn to kick there kids off the damn comp and make them go outside lol. but back on subject you may not be addicted to MMORPG but its more fuel to get addicted to games in general I mean I'll be honest I like my games but soon as my friends call me up or msg me on msn im gone out the house in no time lol.

I don't know how people get so much addicted to those things,mmorpg are so damnit boring,it's only about clicking on things to kill them like millions of times...

Level 1
Not realy. There's a story in the whole MMORPG which reveals if you read all the quests from tip to toe. Some are realy interesting. But as I sead earlyer the thing to whitch you get most addicted to is the realtevly great freedom of choice you get. There is not another game which gaves you such a wide range of choices. But you're kind rightr for the millions. Some quests are annoying. Kill 10 of theese, than 10 of theese, oh and 20 of theese and get me 20 of theese hats and some bandanas but they drop rearly (like 5% OMG). Everithing has it's drowbacks but I don't think that it's boring cuz you have to devise different ways of killing the different kinds of creeps.

And WoW is not WC4. The only thing it has to do with the WC series is that you roam the world you've conquered with either races. Perhas there will be a WC4. After all this IS a money making machine.

This is honestly pitiful, I'm a level 70 mage, and I do agree, WC3 is dying, quickly, with the invention of new and BETTER RTS's its dying and fading quickly.

WoW gives us lore nerds something better, we see the history, first hand, as a bystander, and sometimes even partake in it. WoW indulges you into the world you play now from the outside of the box.

You are all just mad because you can't afford it ;) lol

Btw, its been said many times, there are no plans for wc4 or another wc3 expansion, people ask it all the time in the WoW forums, so give up already, just like Diablo 3

All I can say is, if you all really want another expansion so bad MAKE ONE, Warcraft 3 is almost completely open ended (besides the basic source) and you can do about anything you want to it..

Level 2
Yeah whole forum of ppl who never tried wow and they're only talking how its bad. I'm playing it from releasing after beta test now I have moved on BC. Wow isnt game more its something like world in other dimension its world where thousands of ppl playing with their fictional characters. talking with ppl all around the world its not a hardcore fighting like idiotic fpss its place where you can simply go fishing with friends make picnic in woods its place where you will find hundreds of friendly ppl making relationships :: wow cannot be playied it must be feeled. and thats main reason that ppl are playing this game but ppl who never playied this game can only talk about how is wow bad and they know shi.t about what is it.
Btw forgot about Wc3 glory of this game flown away loooooooong time before if you think that is not true look on wow and wc3 stats and look why is blizzard really known.

Level 10
Originally Posted by WoW Terms of Agreement
Do not seek to maintain a life after playing World of Warcraft. By agreeing to these terms, you agree to let go of your life and become a scum with no social life. Do not reproduce this game, because we are greedy sons of bitches. Furthermore, anyone seeking to pull people away from World of Warcraft are subject to private persecution and brainwashing. Now accept already, you douchebag, for of COURSE you aren't reading this! Say goodbye to your social life, you stupid nerd! *Cough*... ... ... ... No illegal distribution, etc.

"Do not reproduce this game, because we are greedy sons of bitches."...........lol? I guess there are alot of greedy 'son of bictchin' game makers out there... Wow is not evil you choose to play it you choose to sit there for hours you choose to do this. My god you people are like the people sueing mcdonalds for 'making them fat'.

"Do not reproduce this game, because we are greedy sons of bitches."...........lol? I guess there are alot of greedy 'son of bictchin' game makers out there... Wow is not evil you choose to play it you choose to sit there for hours you choose to do this. My god you people are like the people sueing mcdonalds for 'making them fat'.

QFT you just said it all my friend

Em!

Em!

Level 25
As with drugs ppl just want to escape from harsh reality most of the time, so this is a pretty similar situation. Playing a fantasy game were you just run around become a saviour an important person rather than being unknown or bullied is a very attractive method but quickly you start to lose track of time and don´t realise that you have playing this long in fact its been rather fast and fun thus you justify playing by telling yourself that you hardly have played at all and continue too play for months. The game itself becomes a safe haven even from your parents.
This game probably wasn´t predicted to become like this but it has and blizz is freakin rich but too call it evil isn´t quite right since the problem lies with you but plenty of ppl don´t have that problem and are just bored and can quit at anytime.
As for ppl leaving over this game or leaving community for other reason, some will come back i know cause i did :D.
If i told you any of my other user names you´d probably recognise me yet i didn´t contribute much but i was involved with several known projects that got cancelled.

Level 5
Never say that WoW or the likes can't manipulate your brain.

I had read something in pRO forum about Online games and a scientific explanation says that games such as... uses a neuron or something or impulse, whatever.... that sends out something to our brain. It's like a stimulant of excitement (the best well explination that is said on the article). The probably main reason that keeps you on this games are the excitement, envy and addiction.

It sends something to your brain, don't believe me? Then take dozen of drugs and wait for the sunrise for your funeral; it's the same and it's relevant. Your monitor sends something to your brain as well, saying "Heck! You've been reading this thread for a year! Give me a break!" (just to fuel you guys =P). It sends something to your eyes telling you that your in hiveworkshop and your eye sends the message to your brain that you're in the hiveworkshop. Everything that needs senses is processed in your brain, unless your a numb. Even a simple touch needs a process to your brain, and so as WoW, it involves your hearing, sight, feeling etc...

If I ever find that article explaining the addiction to RO (Ragnarok Online) and other OL games, I'll post it in here.

Level 1
Yes...

Yes, WoW is evil...
IT HAS DEVOURED MY SOUL!!!!!:smile:

Since it devoured my soul it must be evil. Which makes me evil. Which makes you all doomed. Muahahahhaha!

It isnt really, im just saying...

Level 45
It doesn't matter, scientists once said cocaine was good for you..

Scientific Theory is not fact, we are nowhere near knowing how the human brain works..

WoW is not evil, thats like going with the whole "Mcdonalds is bad because it makes you fat" statement.

QFT.

The game isnt evil. Dont blame wow, blame yourself.

Level 1
FFS People! A GAME can't be evil! It's creators, yes, but not a GAME! It's an inamamete obejct. It is not living so it can't be evil. Blame YOUR selves for being addicted to it. Geesh!

Level 6
FFS People! A GAME can't be evil! It's creators, yes, but not a GAME! It's an inamamete obejct. It is not living so it can't be evil. Blame YOUR selves for being addicted to it. Geesh!

QFT, you are right. It is a game not a sentient being, it cannot do harm to you thus it is not evil, it is your choice to become addicted or not.

EDITED:Didnt have enough time so I could only write QFT, you are right. until now.

Last edited:
Level 21
WoW is fun, u dont like then dont play it. it only becomes a problem when people play it too much. i personnally only buy game cards and then play it when i know im not gunna have a busy month, like now. if you let your life revolve around a game then it is your fault not the games.

Level 4
WoW is a plague to parents and a paradise to youngsters.
Now, to be considered evil...that comes out of many factors:
1. How long have you played WoW
2. How much have you paid for WoW
3. What hobbies/activities did you leave/shorten to play WoW
4. How did your social life change when you started WoW
5. Whether you are banned from WoW or not

Too much.

Level 1
Heheheh you think they are a plague to the parents??? ROFL! My dad is 70 and my mom is 50. As I sead I'm 70 as well. And I didn't leave any activities and neither have shorthened them. My social life had a huge boost and I have played for 1,5 years. I have no idea how much I've paied but either way I've always had enough money to buy me stuffs.

And for the last time: FFS People! A GAME can't be evil! It's creators, yes, but not a GAME! It's an inamamete obejct. It is not living so it can't be evil. Blame YOUR selves for being addicted to it!

You all will do well to READ and UNDERSTAND this.

Level 2
i can't figure out anything to say else than this :
For Every Choice a Consequence - we make choice and it comes consequences like : getting addicted to WoW skipping school/work food bathroom breaks ( :eekani: ) and all kind of stuff even dieng of it.But u can't blame Blizz u can't blame anyone other than URSELF! since u made the choice =P

i am not protecting WoW or so i just wanted to say my meaning!

Level 3
WoW isn't evil, I can pull myself away at any time. I have a level 47 Human Priest which i've leveled up over the course of nearly a year because I don't play very often. Sometimes I get the urge to play and I play for longer than usual, but that's rare. I know someone who has an entire account full of 60+s and that is ALL he does is play WoW. I even have a friend who at level 25 had 1200g... because all he did was play WoW and work the auction house. Anyways, it's not hard to pull yourself away from (although I can't say this for other people), so in one way, it IS evil, because my two best friends are now addicted to it and are non-stop playing it, but on the other, it taught me a lesson not to be on it all the time.

Level 3
I challenge you to hold true to that. Refrain from playing WoW for a month.

I had a buddy who skipped over half the school year to play WoW, and consequently had to retake the classes because he didn't make up any of the work because he was busy playing WoW.

Lol, actually I didn't play it for two months because I bought RoC for 25$ (I pay for WoW myself (I'm 14)), and I was too lazy to go out and make 15$ for that month so I didn't play. I've also cancelled my account a few times because either
1. I wasn't playing it enough
2. I was bored with it
3. I didn't have enough money

=/

And one of my Real Life friends had me spend the night one time, and I played WoW for 30 minutes.. he told his mom that I was hoarding the computer and she banned me from the computer, then he went to play WoW while all I could do was watch. That's how addicted he is, and he's no better now.

Level 6
I like Seagulls idea, lets blame Canada.

Then I blame China. You know why ? Because of nothing. Thats you too. You and seagull blame Canada for nothing. I am not Canadian , but no country deserves to be blamed for totally nothing ! :p
Sorry to go offtopic.

I don't play wow in so called bloody Global. I play in private server (witch is called bloody PIRATE for stupid reason --- we really paid for the game , and we only need to pay IF we play on the bloody server, because
it was written that the money will go to the server maintiance). Paying for game 12 bloody euros is totally
pathetic. Except you're rich one. I bought game (for around 100 bloody euros) and I need to pay for playing it ??? FU ! I will never pay that. Maybe I would accept *beep* 5 euros. Blizzard WAS
my favorite game creator , but it became a bloody greedy bitch. My message to blizzard would be this " FU and go to bloody helll greedy bitches :F"

Level 6
WoW is just an addiction, I have been addicted to the game for a long time but I stopped, but the problem about this addiction in MMORPG's is that it has 2 goals in it, which is in persons, especially male persons nature to like.

- The goal to grow in level
- The goal to collect things

People got in their nature to collect things and grow, they feel bounded with something they play with and they want to get better with it. This goal is ultimately used in MMORPG's, in fact, MMORPG's are built on these goals. So there you got why things are addicting.

The point where you can see if you are addicting is this:

If you put the game before friends and family, if you think about it alot (more than twice a day), when you got trouble sleeping or when you get grumpy. When you play more then 2 hours a day without noticing time goes by. When you are having time limit, but after the limit you are bored and you are actually just hoping the next day will come as soon as possible. If one of these points are true, than you are addicted. IF more than one of these points are true, you should consider stopping this game at once and never play it again. Since the game itself aint bad, but addicting is. And if you think addicting is only bad cause many people say so you make a big mistake with the ground rules of addiction and socilasing. Since when you play all day for nearly 2 years or more and then stop you realise you lost nearly everything around you, cause see it like this:

your live usually takes 70+ years, a game only lasts 2-3 years. Consider that

Yours sincerely,

Syntic_Arrow

P.S. I still think Blizzard was pro with releasing the game, a good marketing stunt but happily for me I quit the damnd game

Lol I got banned ^_^

Good thing I discovered wc3 then... yes I know, I decided "meh, might as well tried what happened before"

I didn't really try to get off much. I could tell that it was getting boring. Kill this, go kill that, go give this letter to the person next to me, go kill X number of these, etc, etc. Man, the quests were boring.

I personally like making things more than playing or using things, so that's why I think wc3 is better for me. I do have a friend at school and all he talks about is wow this, wow that. It's kinda sad. He's a lvl 70 druid on an RP server. There's also this one group at school too who started playing more recently, and as I walked past them I heard...
...dude, yeah I know crusader is better, but I still think life drain is better...I found a blue wand yesterday, it has about 30 dps, do any of you want it...

etc, etc.

Level 26
Blizzard... Korean drug dealer? These people have died from "Blizzard overdoses"
Wikipedia article on Lee Seung Seop said:
Lee Seung Seop (이승섭, born c. 1977, died August 10, 2005) was an industrial boiler repairman in Daegu, South Korea. On August 3, 2005, he achieved global notoriety when he visited a nearby Internet cafe and proceeded to play World of Warcraft and StarCraft for almost fifty consecutive hours. Ultimately exhaustion and dehydration induced heart failure and he went into cardiac arrest. He died shortly thereafter at a local hospital. A friend commented: "He was a game addict. We all knew about it. He couldn't stop himself." About six weeks before his death, his girlfriend, also an avid gamer, broke up with him, and he had been fired from his job for missing work to play computer games.
I'd try WoW myself, but it costs $15 a month, and i currently have to work for the money i get. 7 dollars an hour, every sunday. I have to pay for half the price of my damn car when i get to 16, so i don't want to spend any money at all.
Well a japanese guy killed his friend only for this reason:

His friend accidently deleted a very good epic item, so that japanese guy went to his friends house and killed him.
Quiero una fuente de la información. ¿Tienes?

Level 10
Live in your world. Die in mine.

Your evil too but you dont see me complaining.

Blizzard isnt evil, they want money. And in our society, so many people are supposedly being called "evil" for doing deeds related to money. Its all about the cold hard cash.

But now, so many people, tobbaco companies, drug dealers etc. do these things for money, that in our society its not called evil. Its called human want for a paper object that represents value. MONEY!

Level 7
We should be blaming Canadians for everything like those angry parents in South Park would do.

Yah because we shouldnt be blaming abusive presdients that attack weak countires to take there oil and then come up with excuses like "they have WEAPONS A MASS DESTRUCTION". Oh yah what about wow?

Level 12
Yah because we shouldnt be blaming abusive presdients that attack weak countires to take there oil and then come up with excuses like "they have WEAPONS A MASS DESTRUCTION". Oh yah what about wow?

I'm curious if the quoter even realized I was being sarcastic there.

Status
Not open for further replies.