• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Wow is evil, what do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Having looked at all the old map projects, it seems Dotf, rotd have all died because the creators went to wow. After I stop wow for 3 weeks, I feel free at last, of some unseen force lol. Even most of the other forums have died. I predict only about maybe 20 people post or browse through wc3sear.ch everrday because they all went to wow.

Level 45
I dont think you realise but Darky has major studies for some school or university thing, not because of Wow.

and alot of the members left because they couldnt stand the idiots and newbs acting like noobs.

Alot of the modelers left since they found it unfair with small pecky reasons and have moved to wc3c.

about 50% or more of the well known members of wc3s moved to wc3c.

and no, the forums isnt dead, but the database is, and well, everything is near the peak of being "dead"

and not everyone has Wow, afro has Wow, he comes here, some with seagul and DDNGW, mecheon, me(i play private though) and VG and..hell..alot..but not everyone.

Wow doesnt instantly make you addicted, it doesnt force you to get addicted to it, its your choice to get attached to it or not.

and everyone has there own life and personal problems, not everyone lives off wc3sear or the internet.

also wc3 is getting old..very old, the models have an outdated creation method and people who just request either post stupid requests, requests lacking infomation, requests that are demands, unoriginal ideas for requests or demands...
and alot of the modelers here got sick of it so they left.

and since the leaving or inactivity of OZ alot of the new members have been getting away with alot of rule breakings, and the ban system board was taken down but Oz left before it could be finished.

So..DEFINITLY nothing to do with Wow, darky has a life and its hes choice whether he wants to help this site or not, im sure he hasnt forgotten and he stated that hes hosting operator or something hasnt given him a reply about the payment or watever..

excuse my crap grammer....but..meh.

Level 27
WoW isn't the reason why this site is "dead" or w.e.
But I still think it's evil.
One of my friends just wanted to play for a day...
Sigh, now he pracically carries his laptop everywhere :(
One of my brother's friend's when not in school is play WoW, during eating, movies, everything.
I think there's some sort of WoW demon that eats the soul of people.
Prolly in the Terms of Agreement:
WoW Terms of Agreement said:
Gaming experience may change online, do not play if you have epilepsy, blah blah blah, since you aren't reading this,
You surrender your soul to us.
More blah blah blah, hey this looks professional, right?
Do reproduce this game, blah blah blah,
I don't even know what's in a terms of agreement or w/e...
blah blah blah
There done.
Nowhit accept and welcome to WoW my new slav-er, level 1 orc mage!
No but really, what is in a terms of agreement?
--donut3.5--

Level 40
WoW just gets too many people hooked... i know several who are hopelessly addicted since they first got it :roll:

I personally tried it once at my friends house, and hated it

Oh, and

SeaGull1723 said:
We should be blaming Canadians for everything like those angry parents in South Park would do.

Lay off on us - Blame George Bush, or Stephen Harper :p

Level 1
WoW Terms of Agreement said:
Do not seek to maintain a life after playing World of Warcraft. By agreeing to these terms, you agree to let go of your life and become a scum with no social life. Do not reproduce this game, because we are greedy sons of bitches. Furthermore, anyone seeking to pull people away from World of Warcraft are subject to private persecution and brainwashing. Now accept already, you douchebag, for of COURSE you aren't reading this! Say goodbye to your social life, you stupid nerd! *Cough*... ... ... ... No illegal distribution, etc.

I am a survivor of WoW. I managed to pull myself away from WoW by the level of 25. It was a hard and long struggle, but I hope it will give other sad, sad WoW players the confidence they need to gain their life back.

Level 25
This topic reaks of stupid

By definition, a video game, being an inatimate object, cannot be defined by moral things. Thus, a video game cannot be evil, because it can make no choices which would result in good or evil outcomes

Level 1
You all SUCK! Just kiddin. Do you realize that many people drop out of school, college, jobs, just to play WoW? How is that not evil? Also, this part:
Werewulf said:
stfu and talk about something more important, like the war and not some petty game some people got "addicted" too cuz they suck at social skills. (omg dont eat me omg i didnt mean to insult you but eat that!)
We would be talking about the war on Warcraft 3 forums...why? Correct me if im wrong, but...
www.wc3sear.ch Forum Index -> World of Warcraft
is what appears on my screen. not
www.wc3sear.ch Forum Index -> World of War in Iraq
Just expressing my thoughts
:)

Level 25
Apocrypha said:
Do you realize that many people drop out of school, college, jobs, just to play WoW? How is that not evil?

No, that's not evil. That's nutcases taking things to the extreme

Also, I repeat. World of Warcraft is not a sentinent being. It cannot make moral decisions. Thus, by definition, it CANNOT be evil. It also cannot be good, but that's neither here nor there

Level 1
Depends on your own definition of evil. Let's see here, Nuclear Bombs are inanimate objects, however, they cause wars just from existing. In my books, that's evil. Many non-sentient objects can be "evil". Rethink your answer.

Level 12
Apocrypha said:
Depends on your own definition of evil. Let's see here, Nuclear Bombs are inanimate objects, however, they cause wars just from existing. In my books, that's evil. Many non-sentient objects can be "evil". Rethink your answer.

Maybe you should rethink the reason why nukes start a war.

U.S. invented the first one to end the war with Japan. Are you going to call it an evil act just because it helped ending WWII? We can point the fingers at N. Korea, call them evil for carrying nukes, and they could care less. Pointing fingers at who's evil hardly makes political conflicts close to a good/evil situation.

Level 12
donut3.5 said:
helped end it in the worst way possible...
--donut3.5--

Again, we can point the fingers at the U.S. and they still could care less if we start blaming them.

I shouldn't start a political debate, but as of note I did not say the U.S. is blame free for using nukes nor any better than other countries that host nukes.

Level 25
Apocrypha said:

No, the bombs make no moral choices, thus they cannot be evil

A car could be considered evil. After all, can't a car kill someone? But a car could also be used to save someone's life by getting them somewhere quickly

A bomb or a car are not evil. Any apparant evil that either of these objects have is dependant upon their users and not the object themself. A bomb could be used in such a way so as to perform a good deed, and also a bad deed

Level 27
I suppose when we say an object is evil, we are talking about whose hands it is in; like mecheon said, a car can kill or save lives.
Bombs... I'm not sure about saving lives (without taking another)... nor video games... In fact, nothing can be labeled with "good" or "evil" because there is no good, evil, right, and wrong. There is the common belief's good, evil, right, and wrong, but it isn't the only opinion. The people believed that using the nuke was the good and right thing to do, whereas I believe is was evil and wrong.
There technically is no good evil right or wrong in this world, as I said before, it all boils down to humans.
--donut3.5--

Level 6
people, plz dont whine all the time about people leaving to WoW and that that's the reason that the forum dies... so what? What IF it's the reason, what IF most people say the general reason of the abandoning of this site is cause of WoW, what does it matter? Does anything change? NO IT DOESNT! The only thing you will get is a bunsh of people who whine...

and please stop complaining about WoW. Blizzard is a pro company who did a great job of bringing such a good game as WoW on the market, they get alot of money from it so damnd be happy for them!

And please... since you like warcraft 3 stop the shit about that they don't follow the correct storylines in some issue... I hated it myself too some months ago, but so what?? They are smart, Blizzard aint a company who things like:

person 1: Hey, let's add quests with this stuff in it
person 2: But that's not with the correct storyline, we can't do that!
person 3: you are right! We just have to tell the community we will need a couple of months to change the quests correctly to make the storyline perfect

Blizzard is just like any other company, they want MONEY. They aren't greenpeace, neither are they World Nature Found. They want money and that's why the company makes WoW! You can think like: But they should have made a honorable follow-up on Warcraft 3 but then again: did Warcraft 3 bring soo many people?? No, for most part only the real warrcaft fans, so they thought smart and economically and altered some stuff and now they are multi-biljonairs, so dont whine, and be happy :D cause Blizzard aint gonna listen to some warcraft 3 people since they dont make the majority of their income anymore

So shussh! and be happy for them :D

Thanks,

Nazghul_Master

;) :)

P.S.
Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 8:54 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I suppose when we say an object is evil, we are talking about whose hands it is in; like mecheon said, a car can kill or save lives.
Bombs... I'm not sure about saving lives (without taking another)... nor video games... In fact, nothing can be labeled with "good" or "evil" because there is no good, evil, right, and wrong. There is the common belief's good, evil, right, and wrong, but it isn't the only opinion. The people believed that using the nuke was the good and right thing to do, whereas I believe is was evil and wrong.
There technically is no good evil right or wrong in this world, as I said before, it all boils down to humans.
--donut3.5--

you sound like a philosopher, someone like plato or something, lol, get to the point, it's not about that issue, it's an interesting subject you talk about, but it's not the thing he means, so plz keep to the subject ;)

A car could be considered evil. After all, can't a car kill someone? But a car could also be used to save someone's life by getting them somewhere quickly

Mecheon, a car doesn't kill or save, the people inside the car do those things. A car is just materie, a tool for people. So what you are saying is false, people inside cars kill and save by using the car tool, not backwards
I know, it's irrelevant, but just showing that even moderators make mistakes, even the great mecheon :D

Again, we can point the fingers at the U.S. and they still could care less if we start blaming them.

I shouldn't start a political debate, but as of note I did not say the U.S. is blame free for using nukes nor any better than other countries that host nukes.
wtf are we talking about here, nukes???! this forum aint about bombs and such, it has to do with WoW, keep to the subject, aint it jour job to keep people to the original subject, mecheon?

Level 1
Nazghul_Master said:
people, plz dont whine all the time about people leaving to WoW and that that's the reason that the forum dies... so what? What IF it's the reason, what IF most people say the general reason of the abandoning of this site is cause of WoW, what does it matter? Does anything change? NO IT DOESNT! The only thing you will get is a bunsh of people who whine...

and please stop complaining about WoW. Blizzard is a pro company who did a great job of bringing such a good game as WoW on the market, they get alot of money from it so damnd be happy for them!

And please... since you like warcraft 3 stop the **** about that they don't follow the correct storylines in some issue... I hated it myself too some months ago, but so what?? They are smart, Blizzard aint a company who things like:

person 1: Hey, let's add quests with this stuff in it
person 2: But that's not with the correct storyline, we can't do that!
person 3: you are right! We just have to tell the community we will need a couple of months to change the quests correctly to make the storyline perfect

Blizzard is just like any other company, they want MONEY. They aren't greenpeace, neither are they World Nature Found. They want money and that's why the company makes WoW! You can think like: But they should have made a honorable follow-up on Warcraft 3 but then again: did Warcraft 3 bring soo many people?? No, for most part only the real warrcaft fans, so they thought smart and economically and altered some stuff and now they are multi-biljonairs, so dont whine, and be happy :D cause Blizzard aint gonna listen to some warcraft 3 people since they dont make the majority of their income anymore

So shussh! and be happy for them :D

Thanks,

Nazghul_Master

;) :)

P.S.
Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 8:54 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--donut3.5--

you sound like a philosopher, someone like plato or something, lol, get to the point, it's not about that issue, it's an interesting subject you talk about, but it's not the thing he means, so plz keep to the subject ;)

Mecheon, a car doesn't kill or save, the people inside the car do those things. A car is just materie, a tool for people. So what you are saying is false, people inside cars kill and save by using the car tool, not backwards
I know, it's irrelevant, but just showing that even moderators make mistakes, even the great mecheon :D

wtf are we talking about here, nukes???! this forum aint about bombs and such, it has to do with WoW, keep to the subject, aint it jour job to keep people to the original subject, mecheon?

Nicely said, Nazghul_Master.
Mecheon, I see what you're saying. My bad. I admit you were right, I was wrong. What I was trying to state was, people that become addicted to WoW create their own opinion that it is the best game in their lives. Let me highlight a few things -most- WoW addicts do.

1.) (My friend does this.) Skip dinner. Some addicts apparently think that dinner is a waste of time, when they could be playing WoW. Most raids are at about dinnertime, 6-7ish. Then in the morning, they complain about being hungry at breakfast.

2.) (This one really makes me chuckle.) One of my friends has become so immensly immersed in WoW that he has stooped so low as to call my other friend a "backingstabbing rogue." I mean, C'MON! That just screams obsession.

3.) Another common thing that happens to adult players is that they lose their wives over WoW. Don't bother arguing, you know it's true. Wives whine that their husbands won't spend enough time with them.. etc.

4.) All loss of social life. Seriously, I doubt most addicted WoW players even give girls a thought. Or girls give guys a thought. They lose most of their friends, and C'MON! Don't argue. I know you're going to anyways.

5.) Become deprived of sleep due to extensive playing of Blizzard's game, WoW. Like Nazghul_Master said, Blizzard wants to make money, like everyone else. They don't care what happens to people as long as they get money. And anyways, it's the people's own choice.

And many other things, of course. Please remember before you flame me; I have seen numbers 1, 2, 4, and 5 happen with a few of my friends. Now they are social outcasts, and to tell the truth, I really think they have gone too far. They don't even care that they don't have any friends besides each other.

Here's another short story. My friend is a twin brother, and I'm friends with his twin (who by the way, I helped get out of WoW :D). He invited two friends over while I was over, (and I knew those two friends, by the way.) and promised them that they could go do fun stuff. They were amped, but when they got there all my friend did was play WoW. The other two friends just sat there, extremely bored, doing nothing. Eventually they couldn't take it, and came to watch t.v. with me and my friends. Later, the WoW kid complained to his mom that his twin brother was stealing his friends.

Also, to everyone else who said stuff about right and wrong: There is no right and wrong. There is no DISTINGUISHED line.

Sorry that my post is so long. Don't eat me =(

Level 1
I can't say that WoW is evil. I have WoW and still I play WC3 (even though I hate DotA and all the other alikes) big time. I make maps (and am near the completion of a Campaign and a Multiplayer map), play WC3, play WoW and other non-real things and I'm not addicted to either of them. And I know that because I've been playing WoW for 1,5 years and I do perfectly well with long periods without it and by long I mean 30 days or more. I don't stay up all night playing like a mad man, and don't think that quiting WoW will release me from a kind of burdon. Personaly I'm getting fed up with it but it's interesting in other ways. Soooo I went a litle bit off the topic but you get the ideea.

WoW is NOT evil, if you're inteligent enough to restrain yourself from playing it recklessly.

Level 4
Werewolf:
Code:
Wow doesnt instantly make you addicted, it doesnt force you to get addicted to it, its your choice to get attached to it or not.

I cannot agree with you on this one. Ihave been adicted to wow and it isnt simple to explain. As soon as you reach lvl 20. And it takes me 3-4 days to do so, you have been drawn into the quick sand. And as more as you want to get out the less you are able to. I mean my father even asked for blizzard to ban my account, luckily they didnt.

And you do get adicted. It does force you coz every day you want to see what happens next. What will drop from the next bosss in instance... An practicly it is your choice do you want to or not but it is a choice like this:

You are on a bridge that is breaking down. Under you there is a 1 km deep canyon. Now it is your choice will you jump in or will you fall in. It practicly controls you. It is like the drugs, if you try them you must se them. Except the wow takes effect only after lvl 20. And I dont know how is it like on fake servers but on the original it is so dangerous i cant explain how much.

I got off the wow dont need to play it anymore, practicly thanks to my friend. Not that he wanted me to but he got so better than me that i stopped playing. Now he is 52 and Im 42. I dont want to play with that character anymore and I dont want to start all over again. So practicly Im off the WoW, thank god.

Level 45
Its not "ice/meth" dude.. its a game, it doesnt warp your brain in the first taste, it doesnt change the chemicals in your brain instantly.

You can either play it and stick to it, or play it and leave it.

Just becuase ones silly curiosity thirsts for it, it doesnt mean its the games fualt. Its your fault for continueing and for allowing yourself to repeativily thirst for it.

Level 4
Well that is why you can say it doesnt eat your brains, to hell. Ever played on a real server????

P.S. My father told me when we were arguing about not playing wow.

"You fight for this game more than you would fighted for the air, without which you cant live"

Didnt make this up, realy happened.

"My mother even wanted to call a pshycologist, but she didnt and now im lucky to be off the wow.

If you dont see me on this site for 3 days it can mean 2 things:

1) Got sucked into the WoW again
2) Got out of MGbytes and cant connect to the internet

Level 4
Well if your talking about drugs and alcohole dont i have planty of that in my school and those people arnt lieing (didnt spell it right). I see them we sit at the same desk, on our meetings with other class mates.... they realy use drugs. I mean they unrole the cigare add the drug than roll it back up again right in front of my eyes.

And even they think I am more addicted to the WoW than they are to drugs, I mean we have around 30 people in our school 30/1750 that play wow. And they are held for the most addicted people ever, not the ones that use drugs and alcohole.

Also true I can swear and even verify it on the court

Level 8
WoW and other MMORPG are a diffrent kinda of addiction. If you wan't to put it in drug terms MMORPG is the Meth of all games. It's also a known fact that if you interviewed tons of people playing a MMORPG they would say it relaxes them gets them away from life well so do drugs so you can see some similarties. It's also known just like other drugs kids can get more addicted to something and not be able to quit compared to young adults and adults. So if you wan't to solve this problem here the sulution....Parents need to learn to kick there kids off the damn comp and make them go outside lol. but back on subject you may not be addicted to MMORPG but its more fuel to get addicted to games in general I mean I'll be honest I like my games but soon as my friends call me up or msg me on msn im gone out the house in no time lol.

Level 45
Natural Drug= endorphins(also known as the Happy hormone), relieves levels of stress and decreases the feeling of pain. (also another one which has basicly the same functions but more over emotions is Dopamine)
Without en/dopa you'd be..dead..and with low levels of it, youd be pretty depressed.

Drugs= Releases a form of chemical (fake happy hormone)which relax's you and makes you "happy"(as so to speak) and relieves stress drugs realease, these shut off/slow down your dopamine/endorphins releasement and when you go into withdrawal your a horrible mess since you no longer have drugs to keep you stable and calm and your releasement of dopamine is low, you often go into deep depression and get a prickly sensation all over your arms and body.
Note: but most or some drugs release HIGH amounts of endorphins which totally shifts your tolerance and thus you will not find much a release ment when doing normal activities that normally release endorphins.

Games: Games often help release Dopamine/endorphins, they keep people calm and relaxed and reliefs stress, Dopamine can only be addictive if you have high levels of stress,worry,guilt,doubt which may come constantly, thus people who play games play them to release more dopamine, and the more dopamine the more addictive it can get and can eventually lead to mental illness.(only on serious cases)

Thus, the game is not to blame, the issue relies on you, just because they make it so fun and convincing for people to continuely play, the choice for you to get addicted is up to you.

and no, i wasnt refering to drugs on my last comment, in fact i was refering to self harm which releases Dopamine at high levels and can be ghastly addictive and cause alot of problems, which is alot worse than games and more dangerous than drugs.

anyway, i dont have official facts to prove these are 100% correct, but you can do research on it if you want.

Level 1
Listen if you're intelligent enough you can prevent ANY addictions. Icluding drugs and WoW. Stupid people use drugs and stupid people get addicted to WoW. As I sead I've been playing for 1,5 years and am NOT addicted to it. Besided the number of people playing it in your school doesn't say anithig.

Besides games are made to help you relax (as Werewulf sead). Especialy WoW. It's a paralel universe (hope you know what this means), a fary tale if you wish.

But what is WoW? Let's start from somewhere else. Harry Potter or the Lord of the Rings. What are these books? Aren't they "gateways" to a magical world. Aren't they the same magical world as WoW? The only difference is that you can't use your mind and that you don't have any ability to change the script in the books. And these books are extreamly popular. And why is that? Because people care of a teenager's problems? Or of a war of some sort? No. It's because of the magic. People love it. So WoW is the same thing but with the difference that you can do whatever you want. It's a never-ending story.

Ofcource if not carefull you can easely get engulfed by it and loose yourself somehwere there. This is something idiots do. (And some people have realy DIED ifront of WoW but that's another story).

For example of controled WoW is me or my dad. He's 38 and plays alot but he never puts WoW infront of the family or his job. He goes to Naxx, MC, BWL ect and always has his work done. Me for instance. I always finish my school work first. Ofcource I am tempted to play meanwhile but that just make me concentrate to the work I'm doing.

Get real people! WoW is EVIL ONLY for dumb people who have no social life, for those who don't care for the people around. Personaly I've always taken WoW for a way of relaxing. I like it for the same reson for which everybody likes it. The magic and the freedom of action.
WoW IS NOT EVIL!

(BTW sory for the misspels. Didn't check the post for errors.)

Level 4
Listen if you're intelligent enough you can prevent ANY addictions. Icluding drugs and WoW. Stupid people use drugs and stupid people get addicted to WoW. As I sead I've been playing for 1,5 years and am NOT addicted to it. Besided the number of people playing it in your school doesn't say anithig.

Besides games are made to help you relax (as Werewulf sead). Especialy WoW. It's a paralel universe (hope you know what this means), a fary tale if you wish.

But what is WoW? Let's start from somewhere else. Harry Potter or the Lord of the Rings. What are these books? Aren't they "gateways" to a magical world. Aren't they the same magical world as WoW? The only difference is that you can't use your mind and that you don't have any ability to change the script in the books. And these books are extreamly popular. And why is that? Because people care of a teenager's problems? Or of a war of some sort? No. It's because of the magic. People love it. So WoW is the same thing but with the difference that you can do whatever you want. It's a never-ending story.

Ofcource if not carefull you can easely get engulfed by it and loose yourself somehwere there. This is something idiots do. (And some people have realy DIED ifront of WoW but that's another story).

For example of controled WoW is me or my dad. He's 38 and plays alot but he never puts WoW infront of the family or his job. He goes to Naxx, MC, BWL ect and always has his work done. Me for instance. I always finish my school work first. Ofcource I am tempted to play meanwhile but that just make me concentrate to the work I'm doing.

Get real people! WoW is EVIL ONLY for dumb people who have no social life, for those who don't care for the people around. Personaly I've always taken WoW for a way of relaxing. I like it for the same reson for which everybody likes it. The magic and the freedom of action.
WoW IS NOT EVIL!

(BTW sory for the misspels. Didn't check the post for errors.)

A whole bunch of bulls, elephants and dinosaurs crap. Every single person I met (around 80) and plays WoW with a character above level 25 is a stupid addicted maniac. It is not their choice weather to play or not they have to do it, I mean I have seen my friend after not playing wow for 3 days his hands were shacking, eyes were bloody and his face was all white, he looked like a vampire. The day after he got sick. His body temperature was normal, wasnt infected went to doctor, the doctor said he should get some rest. He was sick like until he could play wow again (which happened on the saturday becous his punishment expired).

Man people who take drugs dont have a choice either, once they try it they must take it it is a thing called psyhical addiction not the physical one.

Your brain sends waves to your body, makes you nervous, mad, insane. The pain in the back...

All of this can be solved jsut by taking a bit of drugs to setisfy your brain.

NOTE THAT PSYHICAL ADDICTION IS THE GREATEST FORM OF ADDICTION, COMES AS A LAST STAGE.

Same thing is with wow just with a smaller amount, you cant stop playing. U can stop for about a month but no more, just a mere look at it and it's got you in it's grasp again.

I got off wow and Im happy coz of it. Have more free time to go out with friends, hang out..... But Im afraid it is gonna get me again.
And even when I played wow I rather went out to talk to me m8ties than continue to play I do have a social life. But I must tell you this game is a lifesucker.

Level 8
Well also werewolf people get into alot of stress so they go play games to relieve it but then they don't face there problems and perfer to play games instead. well there you go addiction habbit right there.

And Silverwood dragon is right about one thing there has been several cases now of people dieing playing games to much. about 3 or 4 people died of dehydration and other symptoms. a baby child died in south korea becuase his parents left him in the car to go play WoW all day. Hell a kid hanged himself becuase his level 100 char on runescape account got hacked. hell we could even go past just MMORPG into other games like for example 3 years ago clan members from the game counter-strike MURDERED a opposing clan member before a upcoming tournament. So yea game addiction and taking games to searsly is out there.

Last edited:
Level 45
Well also werewolf people get into alot of stress so they go play games to relieve it but then they don't face there problems and perfer to play games instead. well there you go addiction habbit right there.

So the game isnt to blame, its the user. and god.. why do people call me warewolf or..warewulf or..werewolf?...

But addiction to the game takes time and the game doesnt make you addicted, you get addicted to it cause your not facing what worries you or your too clouded to get off it.

and.. you mean psychological, the game isnt physical at all, the game merely distracts your troubles and keeps you occupied. And i know many people over lvl 20 who still go out explore the world, take family trips and have a great social life.

and psychological damage is far worser than physical damage, trust me......

and dude, im saying the difference between drugs and a game, is that you have a easier choice with a game, with drugs, the fate upon your choice is much harder and the impact is instant. Im saying that the GAME isnt a DRUG, YOU have a choice, whether it be 100 friends, lvl 30, having a full tier set or being the top pvper, the choice is always up to you and your only to blame for the pain, not the game.

and the brain does not send "waves" which make you mad or nervous, those are disorders which are formed from when the brain is physically damaged or from a lack of dopamine,an imbalancment of chemicals in the brain or damage to certain controllers of your brain.

Its a game, not a drug. Anyone can get addicted to anything overtime, whether it be sex, physical activities like certain sports to even helping people in need.

Also, from my knowlege the game manual states that after every 15mins you must rest and stretch, if you cant even bother to do that, thats your own fault for any physical damage.

Look, im not trying to start an argument here, but..this is just gettin silly. I mean, commone, blaming a game for your problems? a petty little game? comone.

Level 2
i agree with anyone that says that wow is an addicted game believe me if i had broadband i would be addicted too

most people that i see addicted to wow are people who dont get out much have a poor social life and wow fills that void and if someone makes u mad in wow u can kill them off

i mean take a look at me im on this board b/c i dont have many friends and suffer from a poor social life i pretty well addicted b/c i want to talk to someone thats y i would be addicted to wow but anyway when when goes down and warcraft ends maybe in 25 yrs then well have warcrack rehabilitation centers

Level 1
You've GOT to be kidding me W!†A_cRaft...:eekani: That what you sead only CONFIRMS what I sead. Your friend was shaking because of no WoW for 3 days? He's gotta go and see a psychiatrist. People who aren't as dum as you, like me, can stay without WoW for 1 and more monts. And you know what? I've stayed withaut WoW for more than 1 monts. And I didn't die, as you can clearly see. I can even uninstall the game right now and I won't give a damn cuz it's a lame game. Yes a LAME game, which I play for reasos bith me and Werewulf already explained quite cleraly. Hopefully you might have red them. And if it's not obvoius enough read the other posts.

Werewulf sead:"So the game isnt to blame, its the user." (sory for no quote) and he's compleately right. You should realy do something about your "inteligent" frined who can't break apart from WoW. FFS why doesn't he marry the game?

And it's not only true but a fact that people who get addicted to WoW have NO social life what so ever. So if you're keen on your friend I suggest you start taking him or her out. Get real. WoW doesn't addickt you. You addict yourself to WoW, because if it WoW addicts you than souldn't I have lost my social life perhaps...lets say 1,5 YEARS AGO? When I started? Pfft... I haven't and I'm realy keen on spending time IN PERSON with my friends not by a chat or by WoW or by cameras or what ever else.

W!†A_cRaft I strongly suggest not only that you read that but that you try and understand it! :thumbs_down:

Oh and BTW after the month WoW didn't make me gasping. I felt the urge to play it but I was sencible enough not to play it like a mad man with no limits what so ever. Of cource I played it and ofcource it made me feel better. But not because I was (or am) addicted to it but because it made me relax in the world that it is.

Level 3
I do think WoW, is too adicted, i play Wow for about a month and a half, played till lvl 25 i believe or 24, then stopped because it got boring, (to me) But the sad thing is, my best friend, his cousin, His DAD, and his AUNT all play WoW... and they fight for the computer just to play it, whenever i go to his house, hes playing WoW, and then whenever we do something else, say were playing the ps2 he'll pause it and say "hold on i need check something with my guild" and it irritates me...

Also, gold miners, spend there whole lives, trying to get WoW money and sell it on the internet for real money, i saw a clip, there were like 50 computers, and like 5 people for each computer, the room wasnt that big either, of course it the users fault... they shouldn get addicted to games, but still if you make a game addicting, then people would have to kill themselves to stop playing it...

Status
Not open for further replies.