• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

WoW: Heroes Return [ORPG] [1.2.b]

142469-albums7211-picture84415.jpg
World of Warcraft: Heroes Return is a total conversion Multiplayer Open Role Playing Game (MORPG) that inspired from original World of Warcraft franchise that developed by Blizzard. I'm trying to made the 1st ever WoW total conversion in multiplayer ORPG version (as I haven't seen any). As an ORPG, the project is designed to be played by multiplayer in order to experience a better result playing the game (especially for ORPG fans). My aim on this project is to create a simple yet fancy and fun gameplay with eye catching fantasy-like terrain and effect that able to made the players has a World of Warcraft feeling when playing the game.

Vote the Project on MODBB:

Check out my other World of Warcraft total-conversion project: Battle of Azeroth, The Battleground and Clash of Legends

142469-albums7211-picture84410.jpg
There are currently 12 available classes from original World of Warcraft available, 10 playable classes (Orc Warrior (Arms), Human Paladin (Protection), Human Death Knight (Frost), Orc Death Knight (Blood), Night Elf Rogue (Assasination), Orc Hunter (Survival), Night Elf Hunter (Marksmanship), Blood Elf Mage (Fire), Human Mage (Frost) and Draenei Priest (Holy)) and 2 iconic characters from Warcraft III history as a secret characters (Arthas Menethil (Paladin) and Grom Hellscream (Warrior)) which can be played by entering a secret code that you can get as you play the game further.
Character model and abilities concept might be changed anytime as the progress updated.

Playable Classes
WoWHeroesReturn-StrengthHeroes.jpg

WoWHeroesReturn-AgilityHeroes.jpg

WoWHeroesReturn-IntelligenceHeroes.jpg
Secret Characters
WoWHeroesReturn-SecretCharacters.jpg

142469-albums7211-picture84414.jpg
Instead of medievalist one, I'd go for a fantasy theme kind of terrain for the project. Some cracked area terrain on this project is inspired from World of Warcraft: Cataclysm patch when there's a crack on land filled with magma deep in caused by Deathwing. Here's current screenshots of terrain looks (you can check my album to see the progress of the terrain from the early alpha until it is now).
These terrain design might be change and improved from time to time as the project progressing by.

WoWHR-Cities001.jpg

WoWHR-Cities002.jpg

WoWHR-Cities003.jpg

WoWHR-Cities004.jpg
WoWHR-Continent001.jpg

WoWHR-Continent002.jpg

WoWHR-Continent003.jpg

WoWHR-Continent004.jpg
WoWHR-Dungeon001.jpg

WoWHR-Dungeon002.jpg

WoWHR-Dungeon003.jpg

WoWHR-Dungeon004.jpg

WoWHR-Ingame001.jpg

WoWHR-Ingame002.jpg

142469-albums7211-picture84412.jpg
lastpost.gif
Total Conversion
With most materials (which has been massively poly reduced by myself into the lowest size) imported from World of Warcraft, to make the player experience the World of Warcraft feeling when playing the map!

lastpost.gif
Cataclysm Themed, Detailed Terrain
Explore the world from a dreamy forest, into a foggy land of the past, with a cracking lava over the lands caused by Deathwing's Wrath previously known as "The Cataclysm".

lastpost.gif
Over 10 Classes and 2 Secret Characters to Choose
Play as certain classes from World of Warcraft or as a classic character of legend. You decide your role as the new Heroes of Azeroth!

lastpost.gif
Interactive NPC
You can interact with each NPC you've meet. From talking blab, listening to a short lore, or even gaining information about some game secrets.

lastpost.gif
Custom Weapon Attachment
Bored of unchangeable weapon on previous version? You can change your weapon attachment visual now as you change your weapon. More than 30 fancy World of Warcraft weapon attachments with lowpoly revised!

lastpost.gif
Developed Creeps
Each creeps has their own status differently, as well as their own abilities (and at least 1 active ability each, so the battle ain't about only hack and slash!). Creeps type divided into 4: Normal, Dungeon, Elite and Boss.

lastpost.gif
Dungeon
No RPG would be complete without a dungeon, dungeon enemies drops more valuable items than non-dungeon enemies. You can go further into depth of dungeon by removing invisible pathing blocker by defeating each Bosses.

lastpost.gif
Challenging Bosses
Even more challenging and almost not possible if you challenge them alone!

lastpost.gif
Limited Item in Inventory
Like in typical RPG, Player can only carry 1 type of equipment. Backpack is also available on the map incase you're out of inventory.

lastpost.gif
More Than 200 Items
From common Tier 1 item to a legendary tier 8 item to collect with colored tooltips description, more higher the creeps classification that you kill, more higher the item tier you'll get.

lastpost.gif
And More!

142469-albums7211-picture84411.jpg
lastpost.gif
Materials Resources
Blizzard Entertainment (original World of Warcraft meshes, textures and icons), Ddahe, Blackstorm, LongbowMan (WoW Models), Judash and JetFangInferno (SFXs), CRAZYRUSSIAN (Command Interface Icons), JesusHipster (CastingBar Model), AnimE (Dropped Items base model mesh), Kitabake (Armor Item attachment model mesh)

Most of the materials I'm using are: re-created, edited, geomerged, poly reduced and Re-UVs by myself for this project purpose usage in order for the finest size and able to be played multiplayer as a WoW total conversion project.

lastpost.gif
Forum Resources
Ddahe Cafe, Warcraft Underground, Hive Workshop, XGM

lastpost.gif
Special Thanks
Blizzard as a World of Warcraft developer and also for their World Editor engine

lastpost.gif
Forum Special Thanks
Hive Workshop

lastpost.gif
Original Artwork for Loading Screen
Blizzard Entertainment (Unknown Artist Name)

lastpost.gif
Music Theme
Castaways (from WoW: Cataclysm Game Soundtrack)
Composed and arranged by Russell Brower, Derek Duke, Glenn Stafford, Neal Acree and David Arkenstone (Blizzard Entertainment)

lastpost.gif
Site Reference
WoW Head, WoW Wiki, Wikipedia (various NPC cameo references)

lastpost.gif
Project Changelog
Due to trapped in dungeon issue, you now load your character on Ressurection Point instead
Additional Ability: Mage - Flamestrike health restore issue fixed
Legendary: Dragonwrath, Tarecgosa's Rest crafting issue fixed
Potions cooldown increased from 5 seconds into 9 seconds
All Bosses attack cooldown has been reduced by 1.5 seconds

Siphon Essence now stackable
Rogue: Kidney Shot has been replaced with Shadow Blades
Total 21 Active Additional Abilities for each Classes now has [Q], [W] and [E] hotkeys implemented

Damage-Type and Armor-Type Damage table now implemented
Item Bound to Player now implemented, other Player unable to take it
Crafting Feature implemented, you now can get item tier 4 above up to legendary tier 8 item by crafting
UI border changed
Whole Drop Item table revised
Gold bounty reduced by 50%
Boss bounty now global receive
Fixed pathing blocker missing on Nerubian Kingdom
Added Ambience Sound in Molten Core
Player PvP currently deactivated
Invulnerablitiy effect on city removed
Ressurection time has been reduced from 20 to 5 seconds
You now ressurected with 10% health and 10% mana
Starting Gold reduced from 2000 to 500
Mana Cost now not increased along with ability level
New Loading Screen and Map Preview cover
New Icons and some icons revised
Sailing to Jejunia/Evergreen now require to be level 20
Blood Mage, Frost Mage and Holy Priest base dattack damage and base attack speed reduced
Model: New Shields and Books attachments
Model: Weapon Dropped Item mesh revised and re-UVed
Model: All Swords attachments model resized
Model: All Dagger attachments model resized
Additional Abilities: Added Divine Fury and Mass Dispel to Priest Class
Additional Abilities: Added Charge to Warrior Class
Additional Abilities: Added Flamestrike and Deep Freeze to Mage Class
Additional Abilities: Added Outbreak to Death Knight Class
Additional Abilities: Added Arcane Shot to Hunter Class
Additional Abilities: Added Adrenaline Rush to Rogue Class
Additional Abilities: Warrior taunt cooldown has been reduced from 20 to 5 seconds
Additional Abilities: Paladin Spirit Link mana cost has been reduced from 60 to 10
Additional Abilities: Rogue Stealth mana cost has been reduced from 100 to 20
Holy Paladin: Crusader Strike base damage reduced from 106 to 75
Holy Paladin: Holy Light base heal increased from 100 to 200
Holy Paladin: Holy Light cooldown reduced from 5 to 3 seconds
Blood DK: Scarlet Fever base attack speed rate increased from 5% to 18%
Blood DK: Heart Strike base damage reduced from 93 to 62
Blood DK: Vampiric Blood damage bonus scale per-level reduced from 1 to 0.5
Blood DK: Death Strike base damage reduced from 514 to 253
Frost DK: Obliterate base damage reduced from 103 to 71
Frost DK: Icy Touch base attack speed reduction increased from 5% to 10%
Frost DK: Icy Touch damage reduction base reduced from 5% to 2%
Frost DK: Frost strike base freeze chance increased by 1%
Frost DK: Frost strike now also deals bonus damage
Frost DK: Pillar of Frost base damage reduced from 516 to 243
Arms Warrior: Hamstring base damage reduced from 104 to 72
Arms Warrior: Hamstring base movement speed reduced from 10% to 5%
Assasination Rogue: Burst of Speed has been replaced with Sinister Strike
Assasination Rogue: Mutilate base damage reduced from 102 to 70
Assasination Rogue: Envenom base damage reduced from 317 to 76
Markmanship Hunter: Aimed Shot base damage reduced from 108 to 76
Marksmanship Hunter Evasion changed with Careful Aim
Survival Hunter: Cobra Shot base damage reduced from 101 to 69
Survival Hunter: Exhilaration base heal increased from 100 to 200
Frost Mage: cone of Cold base damage increased from 83 to 102
Frost Mage: Frost Armor cast time now set to instant
Frost Mage: Frost Nova base damage increased from 324 to 543
Fire Mage: Combustion base damage increased from 122 to 154
Fire Mage: Scorch base damage increased from 36 to 47
Fire Mage: Inferno Blast base damage increase from 330 to 558
Holy Priest: Binding Heal cooldown reduced from 5 to 2 seconds
Holy Priest: Circle of Healing cooldown reduced from 5 to 3 seconds
Holy Priest: Circle of Healing base heal reduced from 150 to 100
Holy Priest: Circle of Healing heal scale per-level reduced from 80 to 50
Holy Priest: Inner Will now no longer has cast time
Athas Menethil: All abilities rebalanced
Grom Hellscream: All abilities rebalanced
Secret Characters now can't be Saved
===========================
Following Items has been revised

Revised Sword: Trainee's Sword (T1), Broad Sword (T1), Scimitar (T1), Cutlass (T2), Steel Sword (T2), Swiftwind Blade (T3), Protector's Sword (T4), Mystic Sword (T6), Silverwing Defender (T6), Ashbringer, Scarlet Blade of the Light (T8)
Revised Staff: Trainee's Staff (T1), Arcane Staff (T1), Darkwood Staff (T1), Ruby Wand (T2), Tanglewood Staff (T2), Sunstrinder Staff (T3), Wand of Eternal Light (T4), Runestaff of Nordrassil (T6), Distant Land (T6), Exodar Life Staff (T6), Dragonwrath, Tarecgosa's Rest (T8)
Revised Axe: Trainee's Axe (T1), Battle Axe (T1), Hillborne Axe (T1), Bardis (T2), Cresent Axe (T2), Elunite Axe (T3), Terokkar Axe (T4), Ethereum Nexus Reaver (T6), Legacy (T6), Wicked Edge of The Plane (T7)
Revised Bow: Trainee's Bow (T1), Rapid Bow (T1), Titanium Compound Bow (T1), Nightstalker Bow (T2), Hawkeye Bow (T2), Golemheart Longbow (T4), Black Bow of the Betrayer (T6), Siren's Cry (T6)
Revised Mace: Sulfuron Hammer (T6), Sulfuras, Hand of Ragnaros (T8)
Revised Right Dagger: Trainee's Dagger (T1), Flesh Piercer (T1), Razor Blade (T2), Vendetta (T2), Heartseeker (T5), Twilight Mist (T6), Golad, Twilight of Aspects (T8)
Revised Ring: Ring of Pride (T1), Dametria's Signet (T1), Attractive Ring (T1), Chaera's Ring (T2), Evasion Ring (T2), Mood Ring (T2), Gold Ring (T3), Spider Ring (T4)
Revised Plate: Breastplate (T1), Imperial Plate Chest (T1), Adamantium Breastplate (T2), Brigade Chestplate (T2), Holy Plate (T3), Splintsteel Armor (T4), Lord's Plate (T5), Breastplate of Radiant Glory (T5), Chestguard of Eternal Vigilance (T5), Harbringer Breastplate (T5), Meteor Plate Armor (T6)
Revised Cloth: Nightsky Robe (T1), Plain Robe (T1), Sage's Robe (T2), Twilight Robe (T2), Embrace of Madness (T5), Shadowblaze Robe (T5), Merlin's Robe (T5), Skyweaver Robe (T5), Lightwarper Vestments (T6)
Revised Mail: Refunge Armor (T1), Fel Iron Breastplate (T1), Chainmail Armor (T2), Light Mail Armor (T2), Soldier's Armor (T2), Genesis Mail (T6)
Revised Leather: Leather Jacket (T1), Huntsman's Armor (T1), Hyena Hide Jerkin (T2), Wild Leather Vest (T2), Azure Serpent Chestguard (T5), Gatekeeper's Embrace (T5), Windrunner's Tunic of Triumph (T5), Cloak of the Silent Assasin (T6)
Revised Shield: Kite Shield (T1), Shield of the Lesson (T1), Jade Shield (T1), Hunting Buckler (T1), Stormbinder Aegis (T2), Grunt Shield (T2), Combat Shield (T2), Bear Guard (T2), Enduring Shield (T5), Chiselgrip Shield (T5), Elementium Stormshield (T6), Ward of Incantations (T6)
Revised Book: Diary (T1), Novel (T1), Encyclopedia (T2), Book of Survival (T2), Nilminer's Notes (T5), Testament of Hope (T5), Tome of the Lost (T6)
Revised Left Dagger: Flesh Piercer (T1), Gladius (T1), Razor Blade (T2), Vendetta (T2), Heartseeker (T5), Twilight Mist (T6), Tiriosh, Nightmare of Ages (T8)
Following Items has been removed

Removed Sword: Silver Sword (T1), Long Sword (T2), Darkthorn Piercer (T4), Crusader's Glory (T6)
Removed Staff: Apprentice Staff (T1), Magician Staff (T2), Avalanche Staff (T5), Archmage's Staff (T7), Staff of Life (T7)
Removed Axe: Strike Axe (T1), Ravager (T2), Warbringer (T6)
Removed Polearm: Javelin (T1), Spear (T1), Halberd (T2), Stonereaven (T2), Diabolic Skiver (T3), Ruthless Shiv (T4)
Removed Mace: Skullcrusher Mace (T4), Bloodskull Destroyer (T5), Serenity (T5), Crystal Spire of Kalabor (T7)
Removed Right Dagger: Mythril Dagger (T1), Assault Dagger (T2)
Removed Ring: The 1 Ring (T1), Prairie Ring (T1), Heavy Silver Ring (T2), Tarnished Silver Ring (T2), Skull Ring (T5), Ritssyn's Ring of Chaos (T6)
Removed Shield: Faerleia's Shield (T1), Trainee's Shield (T1), Wooden Buckler (T1), Buckler (T2), Shield (T3), Blackrock Shield (T4), Aegis of the Scarlet Commander (T5), Blackskull Shield (T5)
Removed Book: Royal Guide of Escape Route, Strategy Guide (T1), Battle Manual (T2), Book of Magic (T2), Book of Zeref (T6), Heartbound Tome (T7)
Removed Left Dagger: Mythtil Dagger (T1), Assault Dagger (T2)

- Added Backpack feature
- You now can't save potions and scrolls
- Potions cooldown now increased to 5 seconds
- Potions recovery amount increased
- Elixir removed
- Load now can be only up to 300 seconds
- All Abilities Mana cost reduced by 20-30
- All Abilities Cooldown reduced drastically
- Tooltips "Additional Abilities" on each abilities now changed into "Buff"
- Starting Health and Mana has been reduced by 1/4
- Classes Ultimate Damage has been reduced and level skip requirements increased from 5 to 10
- Arthas' Exorcism now also inflict Blind which cause target a chance to miss on each attack
- Protection Paladin's Crusader Strike now also inflict Damage Break
- Protection Paladin's Divine Bulwark now only affect on self
- Assasination Rogue's Mutilate now also inflict Movement Break
- Marksmanship Hunter's Blind caused by Aimed Shot now only affect on single target
- Avatar effect has been reduced to 5 seconds
- All Creeps has been revised
- Creeps now drops runes instead of potions
- All rings item now has active Mana Recovery ability which recover 5% max mana
- Fixed Inventory System
- Fixed some wrong tooltips
- Fixed some Players pick range issue
- Fixed Arthas model potrait and hand attachment

Released!

Keywords:
WoW, World of Warcraft, Warcraft, ORPG, RPG, Multiplayer, Epic, Heroes Return, Heroes Return, Cataclysm, Fantasy, Ozzy Osbourne
Contents

WoW: Heroes Return [ORPG] [1.2.b] (Map)

Reviews
06:37, 1st Apr 2014 Hell_Master: Map approved with a rating of 3/5 (Acceptable). See moderator's review regarding the map:
Level 14
Yeah, damage scaling is what I plan for upcoming version. Levelable abilities will be increased along with attributes while those non-levelable additional abilities will scale along with player base level. More fancier effects as well.

Plan to include 1 more badass guy as a secret character.

Level 1
I just registered to say:

I've been trying out different games everyday for the last 2 weeks, but it was until I found this game (Yesterday) that everything changed.

I used to play WoW a lot, I was Boomkin (bummed since Druid is not yet included), I remember being the first on the Realm (Burning Blade) to Clear Ulduar Heroic, Icecrown Citadel Heroic, Naxxrammas Heroic and so on, I was in the top guild of my realm afterall. Well, it has been around 3 or 4 years since I last played WoW, but now that I found this game, oh god, the nostalgy, the Models, the Weapons, the spells, classes, everything reminds me of WoW, and I find that this is such a great game! Please, do not give up on this project, I bet I speak for a lot of people when I say it. Me and a couple of friends are so hyped with this map (and we have played tons of them, and never got this hyped):

[Suggestions
1-The Pinging sound becomes a little annoying (everytime you enter a zone or something spawns, although you get used to it after a while...)
2-Maybe a little more mobs or don't spread them so far appart.
3-More Quests. My group has to grind from 15+ and It takes a long time since (Check [2])
4-[BANK] should also save your items (Lost tons of Iron bars because of that :p)
------------------------
If I find a bug or have any suggestions, I will post again, and please, keep it up! I can't wait for new classes , bosses and such, You are amazing ;)

Level 2
I played this to max lvl with a DK and a friend with a Paladin, we killed all bosses, I dont have any idea how go to Deathwing Dungeon, I think this don't exist. Nothing to do now :/

SHBlade

Hosted Project GR
Level 14
I played this to max lvl with a DK and a friend with a Paladin, we killed all bosses, I dont have any idea how go to Deathwing Dungeon, I think this don't exist. Nothing to do now :/

There is Deathwing. My knowledge abt this:
You need to find certain item which will teleport u there (andrea said that).
I don't know which mobs drop that :p

Level 2
I see this in the Andrea's Blog, but without saying where drop is a infinity search for a dungeon LOL

Just quit, enough of secrets kk

Level 12
The only good thing about this RPG is the terrain and the dialoges. Else it's a pretty 0815 RPG for me. Sorry.

With standard models and no WoW touch it's just like any other. I never played WoW so I played this map without wow-hype. The design is amazing but gameplay/spells/items are not special. 3/5

Last edited:
Level 21
The only good thing about this RPG is the terrain and the dialoges. Else it's a pretty 0815 RPG for me. Sorry.

With standard models and no WoW touch it's just like any other. I never played WoW so I played this map without wow-hype. The design is amazing but gameplay/spells/items are not special. 3/5
I think you must have played WoW to truly appreciate this map

Level 1

I have played WoW but i mostly agree with you

Last edited:
Level 2
Awesome Map - please continue :)

Hey Andreariona,

i really love your map, well done ORPG but its sad that you stopped with this project. This Map has so much potential. I often host it with a bot and play fullhouse and i have to say its almost fun to play an older Map.
Some fixes would be nice to make it more funnier, for example hotkey for additional abililties or shared questkills or gold.

Is there any chance to continue with this project?

Greets Apollo :)

Level 1
can someone PM me the secret codes of two heroes and the location of the item that can teleport to the Deathwing Dungeon ?
THX.
I love this map.

Level 2
Quest are few :(, nothing much to do other than killing monster and getting a good gear. Other than that terrain looks beautiful and background music really fits to the environment;). Good map but required a unique event or Main story for example :p

Level 3
Never played Wow, and happy for that. Considering this project as a probably developing status i rate this for 5/5.
Is this in dev still?

Level 1
I saw someone putting a video on youtube like a week ago showing that the map now has an editable version it's easy now to see some items and specially how to get those secret codes. I hope someone or even group to see and develop this map further on, it's starting experience is severely lacking interest and grindy, some other elements could've been implemented in better way specially the gears and the mastery abilities for all classes.

Level 1
But the look of it and paying more attention to the items and the stuff he made, he probably was planning on releasing more content and specially around those quests that you can take. I found items with names such as (Scintillating Fragment),(Vision of Time) and (Tarecgosa's Remains) and more suggesting the it was intended to have blue dragon flight kin to fight.

I found a lot more gears that didn't make it yet into the actual game such as (Warbringer) that seems to be a crafted legendary or something for DKs, and same goes for other type of gears as well, the only sad thing here is that there is no planned legendary bow for hunter.

Regarding abilities there was somewhat a lot of them but I think few are the unimplemented ones but I think they are for the adds probably. The interesting thing is that I didn't find anything that links to deathwing in this case nothing related to him at all and also when I tried to find his model or just anything beside the weapons and the requirements and even the items is already made but nothing about his existence and I think it was in development because I DMed him back then when the map was kinda new and he showed me a picture of him in both forms (sadly I don't really think I can find that picture by now since I forgot that account that I DMed him with but it looked as it was almost finished).

Level 16
Playing this game a lot recently. I hosted a full game or so on Battle.net.
The biggest complaint today was the constant Ping since we had so many players, when we move regions it would ping, and I do mean a lot!
the fix was removing the sound CTRL+S) but perhaps remove the ping sound from the game?

also any chance of an updated save/load code to go into a file rather then writing it down? (I normally screenshot and write it down)

Level 1
My only concern about the map now is that if Eye of Sulfuras is actually bugged and wont drop, I farmed Rag till I'm bored I wonder if it's still drop.

After farming it for like 6~8 (might be more I didn't count) but luckily it dropped and I crafted the weapon and it seems stronger than the ashbringer, sadly it's bugged when it comes to the two upgrades it have.

I'm yet to craft the other legendary for the mages and priest to see their stats.

Last edited:
Level 1
It drops from both dungeons if I remember correctly, although there is an easier way to get them and it's by seeing the editable version and search their.

Level 2
My only concern about the map now is that if Eye of Sulfuras is actually bugged and wont drop, I farmed Rag till I'm bored I wonder if it's still drop.

After farming it for like 6~8 (might be more I didn't count) but luckily it dropped and I crafted the weapon and it seems stronger than the ashbringer, sadly it's bugged when it comes to the two upgrades it have.

I'm yet to craft the other legendary for the mages and priest to see their stats.

Where did you find T7 craftables ? (I think it is requested for the recipe)

Level 5
Hey there!
So apparently it's quite hard soloing this map. Because the bosses of this game has 5 digit HP and you're battling against it one on one. Still, there's a lot of things to do on this map, yet sometimes I don't know where to pull the trigger of the quests so I've been wandering around the map since.
And is it just me or I can't seem to go to the lava region?
In general, a nice map to play.
RECOMMENDED!