• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

WoW for warcraft 3 idea...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Ok i know this idea is kinda over used and has many failed attempts in the past. but I am thinking of working on a vanilla WoW for warcraft 3 with all the old content and stuff you would have seen back then... Currently developing the old database of items, quests, spells, etc... Once this project actually gets off the ground, i hope to release something that will be close in detail to the old WoW beginning with patch 1.0... And so I am here to ask your advice, comments, or concerns. or if you have any ideas to add... Please note that any negative as in rude or hurtful remarks will be reported to moderators and you may receive a suspension or possibly a ban if found necessary...

anyways i will be glad to hear from you soon..

Darkshooter1986

Last edited:
Level 7
Well you could try asking to join an already started wc3 WoW project. I mean like you said there are quite a bit of these types of map ideas floating around.

I think most people who are shooting for the WoW idea in my opinion are shortsighted in the sense that they are new to the editor yet want to create an large type rpg map; but this does not include everyone and there are some serious WoW type projects going on as well. Its the same with many types of ideas I mean when I first started editing wc3 maps I think the first game I wanted to replicate was Diablo II and in a sense I am still working off of some of the ideas from that game.

Rpg maps are also generally not ideas you want to "start" with unless you've had really thorough experience with the editor as they can take more time than any other type of map(check the contest threads and you can see many of the campaign contests that are lengthy and have many unfinished maps).

The thing is pick whatever you want to work on it; but just because your making a WoW type map doesn't mean it exactly has to follow the structure of WoW 100% of the time. You could implement new wacky and interesting ideas to create a different type of gameplay.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.