• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need ideas for Summoner hero

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys, in my project there is a summoner hero. You know what he is supposed to do by reading the name xD (it is supposed to create nice summons). Being honest this hero is one of the worst (if not the worst) of the map, it is very old and hist spells are unbalanced like hell ...
So I am remaking him and I need two ideas:
- A summon idea, it must be weak because it will have 3 levels. It must also be related to Chaos Orcs, Undead or the Legion (it would be weird to have a Chaos hero summoning an angel of light ...)
- A passive skill. It must be useful for a hero that summons creatures xD

I am open to ideas and suggestions, for more information please download my project and see the hero.

Btw, his ultimate was (finally) changed for version 2.0

Level 8
Passive skill is easy:

Eighter Manaregen or you make a skill, which passivly improves the attack, def, attackspeed or somethoing like that of the summons. You could also make a skill, which gives the other summons special abilities, like hurl bolder for a golem or throw axe for an undead orc.
You could also make following: a skill which passivly improves your summoner with better skills and passivly improves your summons with passive auras. How about that?

For the summon spell: Possibilities:

-Summon chaos orc
-Summon skeleton army (3-4 skeletons)
-Summon hades (will last for 5 secsonmds and attacks 3 foes at once, because of multishot)
-Summon dead animals (you can decide which you would like to take)

Can't think of anything more yet. Hope it helped

Level 2
I'm new to editor and don't know how custom spells are made, so please excuse me if I give something impossible as idea.

For the summon you could use:

Rip Shadow
Causes an enemy's shadow to attack them. While being attacked by it, they cannot move. The shadow is not controllable.
Lasts 15 seconds.
Level 1 - Shadow has 33% hp/dmg/...
Level 2 - Shadow has 67% hp/dmg/...
Level 3 - Shadow has 100% hp/dmg/...
Additional Details: Something flashes upon the target, it loses its shadow and movement speed, and a transparent, dark copy of this unit appears and starts attacking it. The shadow dissapears if the target dies. If the shadow dies, the target's movement is restored.

Aura:

Haunt Aura
Whenever a summoned unit is attacked, there is certain chance the attacker may be cursed by an ancient evil spirit.
Level 1 - 10% chance to silence the attacking unit for 3 seconds.
Level 2 - 10% chance to disable the attacking unit's attacks and spells for 3 seconds.
Level 3 - 10% chance to paralyze the attacking unit for 3 seconds.
Additional Details: The aura may look like Unholy Aura. If it triggers off, the undead hero death animation is played on the affected unit and something like Spirit Towers' attack starts surrounding it for the duration of the aura.

I hope my help was in use :)

Eighter Manaregen or you make a skill, which passivly improves the attack, def, attackspeed or somethoing like that of the summons. You could also make a skill, which gives the other summons special abilities, like hurl bolder for a golem or throw axe for an undead orc.
You could also make following: a skill which passivly improves your summoner with better skills and passivly improves your summons with passive auras. How about that?
I am looking for something more, something new ... that why I posted this thread =S

-Summon chaos orc
-Summon skeleton army (3-4 skeletons)
-Summon hades (will last for 5 secsonmds and attacks 3 foes at once, because of multishot)
-Summon dead animals (you can decide which you would like to take)
I don't understand your "Hades idea". Please elaborate, so far it looks to like a rip from a Dota spell (no offense xD )

I'm new to editor and don't know how custom spells are made, so please excuse me if I give something impossible as idea.
All your ideas are "doable".

Rip Shadow
Paralyze the unit would be unbalanced for a melee style game. I am sorry I won0t add this.

Haunt Aura
I am looking for something different I am sorry.

I already said it, but it can be an... melee summoner, with an felguard model...
Summoner hero already exists in map and it is not melee =P
We already discussed this idea my friend, I can't use it.

Can't think of anything more yet. Hope it helped
I hope my help was in use :)
Please note that even if I don't use your ideas, you are still helping. You are always welcome to post. As a motivation, rep+ for all, please return with more ideas.

Passive skill could transfer % dmg taken by the summoner to pet instead
Kinda cliché but works :3
Kliché?? Never saw a summon spell like that one. mmmm I confess I like this idea however I wonder if I should add it ... the player may want the summons to stay alive longer.

I was thinking of an passive ability that raises his armor and attack in the day, and lowers it in the night.
I don't understand, why would I want to reduce my summons armor?

HFR

HFR

Level 22
I don't understand, why would I want to reduce my summons armor?

Well, the summon can be pretty strong at level 3, and this is to counter his abnormal stats, but whatever...

Passive Skill

Transfering

The summoner transfers all his buffs to the summoned unit.

(That means the summmoner is "unbuffable", like spell immunity, but giving the buffs to the summon...)

Like a sorceress that cast Slow on the Summoner, them, the summoner automaticaly transfers his negative buff to his summon (if it's avaliable).

Level 16
well, in my map, i have a Lord of the Moon, he can summon NightWolves, and with other skill he can transform theys into MoonWolves, they are more powerful and so.
you can do something like this, SINERGY.

For example, the witch doctor of diablo iii, with the mongrols and the abilty to add theys a feeble cloud or something...
i hope this helps you. Good luck with the map.

Level 4
For a passive skill you could make just like an expertise skill where for each level you summoned units get different skills and the skills get a little better.
example
level 1-10% critical strike
level 2-20% critical strike and 10% dodge
level 3-30% critical strike, 20% dodge and 5-10% bash
maybe something like that?

Ok, here I go....something new and unexpected:

- concept: the summoner gives life to his thoughts, manifesting them as creatures.
Skills:

Undesigned Summoning (Passive Skill)

The summoner, whenever gets a strong feeling converts it into living matter, bringing it to the physical plane.
--- Whenever one attacked enemy's life drops below 20% summons the Hate elemental to attack it, an offensive elemental that can run very fast, but die quickly, as the hatred does. The Hatred is classified as fire attribute.
--- Whenever the summoner's life drops below 20% summons the Pain elemental to defend the summner, a versatile elemental capable of healing allies, blocking attacks and slowing foes. The Pain is classified as earth attribute.
--- Whenever the summoner gains a level it summons the Valor elemental, sturdy elemental capable of teleporting the summoner and itself to anywhere on the map and raising movement speed to allies. The Valor is classified as air attribute.
--- Whenever none of the conditions above are met and the hero has more than 80% health the summoner conjures the Tranquility elemental, capable of regenerating mana and health to the allies. The Tranquility is classified as water elemental.
--- it can only have one elemental at once. Summoning elementals has a cooldown.

Unsummon
--- can be used in an allied summon to regain much mana and a little health.
--- can be used in an enemy summon to cause an area effect mana burn.
--- can be used in any non-summoned unit to take away buffs.

Summon Astral Elemental
--- Summons a small creature that has an astral immolation and runs very fastly. Whenever the astral elemental kills an enemy, another astral elemental is summoned from this corpse.

Summon Astral Titan (ultimate)
--- Summons an enormous creature that absorbs all the damage dealt to it and has a strong slowing aura. whenever it is attacked an Astral Sprite is summoned (equal to astral elemental but weaker)

------
hope u liked it

Level 15
Dark Obelisk- Summons an obelisk which drains health from nearby enemy units. When a certain amount of health is drained, a skeleton will be summoned.
-OR-
Underworld Call- The hero summons Dark Spawns from the Underworld. The Dark Spawns are extremely powerful at the beginning but will decrease in power overtime.
-OR-
Soul Double- The hero channels a powerful Dark Spell that creates a double of the souls of all nearby units. If the unit is a hero, a Dark Hero Soul is spawned, otherwise, a Dark Soul will spawn.

Unsummoning Bomb- When a summoned unit dies near the hero, it will explode, causing damage to units near the dying unit.
-OR-
Disperse Energy- Whenever a summoned unit dies, it will heal the hero and all other summoned units.
-OR-
Summoned Strength- The hero and his summoned unit gains attack and movement speed for every summoned unit on the map.

Sacrifice
Sacrifices your summon gaining stats/powers/buffs/anything for yourself for a few seconds. The effects gained would depend on the type of your summon.
Mmmm. I think I will add this to one of my summons.
(Please note the hero has 2 summon spells. This spell I describe next is already made, I am just improving it. I still need the ideas for the 2nd summon spell and passive skill)

Summon Fel Ravagers (it should be an equivalent to wolf summon from Far seer):
- Summons two Fel Ravagers. With level Fel Ravagers become stronger and gain abilities.
Level 1: summons 2 weak fel ravagers.
Level 2: summons 2 medium weak fel ravagers with the shatter ability. Shatter ability sacrifices the summon however it burns the enemies mana by 40% of the summons current hp. Units that lose mana this way are not damaged, they just lose mana.
Level 3: summons 2 medium strong fel ravagers with the explode ability. Explode ability sacrifices the summon however it damages enemies in the area by 40% of the current hp of the summon.

Having in mind this skill summons 2 fel ravagers, the player can "shatter" one ravager and then "explode" the other. Or he can just send them to fight =P

Let's see what I have more.

The summoner transfers all his buffs to the summoned unit.
This is quite a problem. The summoner is supposed to be a support hero for a race that lacks support. Having a support hero magic immune is quite bad =S

For example, the witch doctor of diablo iii, with the mongrols and the abilty to add theys a feeble cloud or something...
i hope this helps you. Good luck with the map.
I know Diablo 3. In fact many of my friends suggested me abilitis from diablo3 however I won't use them because this is warcraft, not diablo. In diablo you have 1 hero with dozens of skills, in wacraft a ladder hero (as it is the case) only has 4.

For a passive skill you could make just like an expertise skill where for each level you summoned units get different skills and the skills get a little better.
I am sorry, I think this is too basic.

Undesigned Summoning (Passive Skill)
I appreciate your effort, however the summon is not an elemental hero, he is a chaos dark hero. Although I admit the idea is original, I am afraid I am looking for something different.

Summon Astral Elemental
I am sorry, I think this is too basic.

Summon Astral Titan (ultimate)
The hero already has an ultimate, so I won't be using this =p

Underworld Call- The hero summons Dark Spawns from the Underworld. The Dark Spawns are extremely powerful at the beginning but will decrease in power overtime.
-OR-
Soul Double- The hero channels a powerful Dark Spell that creates a double of the souls of all nearby units. If the unit is a hero, a Dark Hero Soul is spawned, otherwise, a Dark Soul will spawn.
As I already said, skeleton are already reserved for Undead heroes and Chaos Orc caster units. I am afraid using this would make little sense.

Dark Obelisk- Summons an obelisk which drains health from nearby enemy units. When a certain amount of health is drained, a skeleton will be summoned.
This sounds an interesting idea, however I has the same problem as above =S

Unsummoning Bomb- When a summoned unit dies near the hero, it will explode, causing damage to units near the dying unit.
-OR-
Disperse Energy- Whenever a summoned unit dies, it will heal the hero and all other summoned units.
-OR-
Summoned Strength- The hero and his summoned unit gains attack and movement speed for every summoned unit on the map.
Quite basic spells by I like them. I like specially the last one. Is it supposed to stack with enemy summons?

Anyway, as a motivation to people that gave new ideas, rep++ for them.

some ideas:
---
"Summon Revenant"
Corrupts a dead object into a walking shapeless armored demon.

If used on shallow water or deep water, ice tile, dark ice, creates a Water Revenant, creature capable of teleporting into a water spot to surprise its enemies.
If used on the dirt, rough dirt, rock, creates an Earth Revenant, creature capable to beat heavily its enemies, stunning them.
If used on the grass, dark grass, grassy dirt, vines, poison cracks, etc, creates a Thorn Revenant, capable to retaliate attacks passively.
If used on blight, creates a Death Revenant, powerful spellcasting creature.

---

Summon Pain Elemental
The pain elemental has an aura of pain that reduces enemies health overtime. If attacked by physical damage, it will regain health for this quantity, instead. It has few hitpoints and small damage, but the aura can be really annoying.

---

Summon Demonic Avatar

Channeling. Creates a small and weak creature. Every 1 second of channeling, it grows 75/100/125/150 HP bigger and has its damage increased by 4/6/8/10, as well as the scaling value increases. when stops channeling the creature dies immediately.

Could try Archimonde's abilities. Infernal Rain, Dark Portal, Finger of Death, etc.
No offense but those are noob abilities for noob maps. In my project I have 2 new custom races, and it is a condition that everything they have is custom and if possible coded. Copying Blizzard's abilities into a new race wouldn't make the race new at all...

"Summon Revenant"
Corrupts a dead object into a walking shapeless armored demon.

If used on shallow water or deep water, ice tile, dark ice, creates a Water Revenant, creature capable of teleporting into a water spot to surprise its enemies.
If used on the dirt, rough dirt, rock, creates an Earth Revenant, creature capable to beat heavily its enemies, stunning them.
If used on the grass, dark grass, grassy dirt, vines, poison cracks, etc, creates a Thorn Revenant, capable to retaliate attacks passively.
If used on blight, creates a Death Revenant, powerful spellcasting creature.
A demonic unit that depends on terrain mmmmm this is a brilliant idea. However I have a few problems: I don't have grass terrain nor dirt terrain. You advise you to download my project (see my signature) to see the types of terrain. It is mainly snow and (unfortunately) it doesn't vary much at all =S

Summon Pain Elemental: One of the heroes already has that aura. It would be unbalanced for a summon to have it as well.

Summon Demonic Avatar: The druid dwarf already has a spell that looks (almost) exactly like this. It is the Stupid Penguin spell. It is approved here in THW, you can see it.

I think the summon will be some sort of felguard so it can counter the "water elemental" from the archmage, or maybe some sort of ward summon, but I still lack ideas for their abilities. It would make a lot more sense to make a counter ward summon for the "serpent ward" from orc shaman, then making a counter summon spell against a human hero. I have in mind something like the "hydra" ability from diablo 2, but ideas .... i need to make the ward useful xD

Thx for the ideas HappyCockroach.

Status
Not open for further replies.