• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Summoner Reborn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
A couple weeks ago I started logging onto Bnet to play my favorite maps again, and I noticed one thing; my favorite map, The SUPER Summoner, isn't that great anymore, and I started to find an old version, one that worked, but one that wouldn't need alot of work to get started again, and found it. The owner hasn't updated it in atleast 2 years, with hacked, unoffical versions floating everywere, and I was never able to contact the maps owner with succsess

So far, I've gotten alot of the (Horid) triggering reworked and compacted, and I'm working alittle on the terrian were it matters. But theres still one thing I need.

For the people who havn't played The Summoner, you control a hero that can, you guessed it, summons units. Now, each hero has a specific race (like humans, blood elves, orcs, naga, undead, NE) and a few with other units that match up mixed together, normally with 1 air summon. You have to destroy 4 pedistals with your summoned army, and once you do you win. But its not that easy. With enemy towers gaurding them, you have to smash through and take their pedistals. Summon your army, and get ready for combat!

But, that creates cut n paste games, were players pick a hero they like more, and base other heros on other players playing them, and never venture to others.

I need a few more heros, unique, summoning heros, that can range from regular Warcraft units all the way to (fair and balanced) units YOU make up.

Rules to making a hero: Must have 3 summoned units, a basic ability, melee or up to 500 (unless you have good reasons) Don' worry about Hp/MP/Int/Str/Agi, thats all preset

Things I'd LIKE to see,

Hero: Orc summoner (exists already)
Summoned units: Grunt, Headhunter, Wyrm Riders
Basic Ability: Chain Lightning
Model: Far Seerer
Range: 500

Things I'd NOT like to see

Hero: 1337 H4x3r
Summoned Units: mini h4x3rs, god, flying h4x4rs
Basic: Tact. Nuke
Model: wtf la is this
Range: 8008-94-9052-82-095743659872459872435

Good ideas will result in rep :)

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Hero: Chaoitic Oppressor.
Summoned Units: Chaos Raiders, Warlocks, Neather Drakes
Basic: Dominator
Models: Uses the chaos orc horse rider model, the name excapes me.
Range: Melee

Ok one major factor of this hero would be chaos damage from him and his summons. However the output DPS would be reduced logically to make up for the no weak armor bonous. All summons will have no special armor types so will be weak to certain attacks like all summons. The chaos raiders will be poor melee DPS with high endurance, making them above average tanks but below average damagers. The warlocks will be ranged with moderate damage and themselves will have moderate endurance but can also serve as buffing squadrens with slight healing potential (at the cost of their combat abilities for ballence). The neather drakes are very weak hitpoint wise working rather much on the glass cannon principle, they physically get killed very easilly but themselves can kill enemies very well with rather high longish ranged chaos damage.

The counter for summon one is to have a lot of ranged DPS. The counter for summon 2 is rather inspecific as they are average in combat and average in buffing. The counter for summons 3 would be to send anit air units or just rush them with focus air attacks.

The heros Dominator ability is a key point to his play style. Although the hero has summons, they should not win battles alone. One of his main strengths is meant to be his personage himself. Although his stats are less than most str heroes, his Dominator ability is meant to be a key factor of his play style. Basically all this ability does is reduce damage he takes and increase the damage he deals based upon how much he is being ganged. This means that if he is totally surrounded with a huge ammount of ranged firing at him, he will hardly take any damage at all and infact could take minutes to kill if the number is extreem. However the effectiveness of this ability gets reduced from excessive number of friendly units in the area (possibly even increasing damage if he needs a nerf). Finally, it should be based on the unit is attacked event and how many fire close together at him from different units and the buff should only decay after a few seconds, this is to prevent people just running away from him and nuking him with a huge ranged army attack to deal damage to him.

The Dominator ability means that the hero can literlally tank and kill a whole army solo and be seemingly unkillable as long as there are no friendly summons (own summons included) nearby and the enemy is stupid enough to keep him surrounded and being attack. With summons nearby the ability should bring his combat ability to average to keep onpar with other heroes.

So whats this heroes main weakness that will stop him being rigged? Other heroes.
His substandard stats (and damage) means that he can not solo other heroes as they will physically be stronger than him and if he is made slower he would be easy to kill. Incombat with allied armies he is as mortal as all other heroes even when ganged due to the abilities weakness. He can also be killed moderatly effectivly via spells, as the ability should have reduced effectivness on him (a hidden weakness that could be exploited).

His role would be holder / pusher with moderatly effective combat units to push (especially summon 3) and the ability to solo hold and kill armies if the attacker is unexperienced with his ability.

Level 8
Hero: Skeletal Channeler
Summoned Units: Ghoul, Skeletal Mage, Undead Wyrvn
Basic: Death Spark
Models: Skeletal Orc
Range: Melee

The skeletal channeler is a melee summoner that has fairly weak summons. His ghoul is melee, his mage is ranged and the wyrvn (possibly not the correct spelling) is his flying. He is melee so he is normally in the action, which synergises with his spell.

Death spark re-animates nearby dead units to fight for your side. To keep balance, you can only re-animate your own dead units or your allies dead units. It is basically like ressurection, come to think of it.

The skeletal channeler's player will require good timing and tactics to death spark at the correct time, to avoid wasting it to re-animate a couple of units, or reviving substantial amounts of units destined to be cannon fodder.

In conclusion - effective if played well, a feeder if played badly.

Status
Not open for further replies.