• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[Strategy / Risk] WC3 Yu-gi-oh Map Idea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Hello fellow Hivers! Working on two different projects at the moment. This one and another map. Anyways, This project, WC3 Yu-Gi-Oh, is going to be a tough one and will work on it as much as I can while learning more and more about triggering and other things to make this map work. I don't expect to have any versions, beta or otherwise ready to go anytime soon as this is a larger project than my other idea. I am trying to start small with one of my new map ideas and as I gain more knowledge and experience, will work on this map idea and apply much of what I have learned. I know many of my ideas are a bit grandiose and out of my league currently so I put most of my larger project ideas on hold.

Will update this thread with links to both my current projects that will be posted under map development ASAP. Stay tuned! Hope to have more info and updates in the future.

Darkshooter1986

Level 13
Well I'm not honestly sure how a Yu-Gi-Oh map would work, but I have had some ideas of how you could do some aspects of it.

Monster cards could be units (as I expected), a card would obviously be needed to show attack/defence position and for when cards are face down. (Probably have to go to requests for this)

Attack/defence stats could be displayed as Health and Mana so they are easily visible. If you do this well then spell cards that increase attack/defence could simply add health or mana to the unit(card).

Actually sorting out the phases of the game... not so sure... but it'd be something I'd like to see :D

Level 5
Was my Idea with the models rather than monster cards as well. I keep in mind that this is more of an on the side project as I learn more about the world editor and how to make things work. At the moment, I have many grand ideas like this one, but not enough knowledge or resources to put it together.

Level 5
yugioh project on hold

Hello again fellow hivers for those who might have been interested. Well once again due to circumstances out of my control, I had been unable to even produce results on any of my project endeavors. I am a novice map maker to begin with but a lot of real life stuff has been hindering my ability to sit down and do anything. Hope to be able to start and finish a project in the new future as I have a lot of great ideas for campaigns and so on.

Level 10
This idea is really good to just begin with map creating and triggering. I recommend that you dont head for "showing results", just create the map, learn some new stuff, experiment, go to the sections to ask for help etc. etc. probably a decade ago I have also made my first steps by trying to create a Yugi Oh map and today I am capable of some really advanced stuff :D

Status
Not open for further replies.