• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[Miscellanous / Other] Easy ideas for puzzle map.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Greetings. I am making n puzzle map in WarCraft III style, meaning there will be Undead, a bit of magic etc... The player controls one unit and it's captured in the dungeon, just one room, the goal is to escape by playing in that room, the room is somewhat big, and contains enough space for much of things. Also, I would need to make an FPS camera if it's possible after the new patches. Any easy ideas on that? In advice thank you.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

Like an escape room? Cool, but nay to FPS camera.

Make so that one player (or more?) is blindfolded (apply cinematic filter - black mask) but can move. One player (or more?) can see but can't move and thus has to instruct the other one.

Disable unit collision and hide players' units from each other (enemy and permanent invis for example). Players have to stand in certain positions to advance.

Blindfold everyone and make them follow sounds. Then remove the black mask for a moment to reveal a mob that will start to chase them and play some creepy chase music.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

None of that is hard I think. Blind fold is literally one-liner: call CinematicFadeBJ( bj_CINEFADETYPE_FADEOUT, 0.00, "ReplaceableTextures\\CameraMasks\\Black_mask.blp", 0, 0, 0, 0 )

Level 8
Thank you both, I thought to make something like Mr. cleavinghammer said. Just don't know to make light and mirrors with GUI.

Sure I will look it on the internet for more information and hopefully learn. > FeelsGoodMan

Status
Not open for further replies.