• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

JC's Map Idea's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 16
Warcraft III is one of them. Map making is a hobby of mine, yet I never really took time to learn the editor, get cool editor mods or even really make a successful map, just stuff I liked to play around with and enjoyed before I got bored.

I'm working on a few projects of my own at the moment, some easy some interesting, and some unoriginal, but idea I always wanted to try on my own.
As I said In my Intro Thread, These ideas are basic at the moment, with me being new to the Warcraft III World Editor, these ideas shouldn't take too long once I learn how to fully use the Editor.
JC's Projects
  • Islands (With ships) - An altered Melee that adds the campaign shipyards/Ships into a melee structure. A small idea I had that would be fun, but still trying to figure out how to get it to work with hiring/Building. Can't figure out which one I want to go with.
  • JC's Altered Melee - A very basic Object editor to change/ add a few units that was used in campaign missions. This is a small project to get me familiar with the object editor again.
  • Garden of Warcraft - An altered Melee map that uses the old Warcraft II Units, or if a player chooses Warcraft I Units. I'm trying NOT to use any imported units. I know it has been done many many times and everyone has their own ideas, but this project is one I want to do since I haven't been impressed with any that I have seen. Some were promising, but never got finished. Again this idea is just to help me learn about the World Editor.
  • Warcraft II AoS - Not the real name, but I want to make an AOS map using Warcraft II Units, and have the famous heroes of Warcraft II to use. This will start after I complete my wc2 Altered Melee map.
  • Warcraft III AoS - A map project that uses just the standard units from Warcraft II and the heroes. This map idea is just to teach me how an AoS works and how unbalanced a melee map is for AoS. This project will be done before I complete my Wc2 AOS map.
  • Diablo Style RPG - This is my biggest and Final Map Project. This idea is a Campaign that will play out like Diablo I did. Having random quests, and a random dungeons like Diablo I Did. I don't plan to recreate Diablo I. just the idea with random quest and random dungeons. Planning on having 5 heroes to choose from. Paladin, Ranger, Mage, and Thane (Mountain King).

All of these projects of mine are still in idea development. I'm not looking for a project Team, but I am always willing to take advice/help/criticism (Constructively). These idea may seem simple, but are beyond my current knowledge at the moment.

Level 15
Best way to familiarize yourself in Warcraft 3 World Editor is to make melee maps. Its the most simplest thing you could do at the start and its very fun too. I already made a map of Islands w/ ships, named Water World: Shattered Land, its an old and first project of mine that contains basic ships. However, people didn't like it too much just happy to get that thing approved. Anyway, feel free to check it out and open it at the editor, you may learn a thing or two from it.

Level 7
The only issue I see with this is your splitting your work quite a bit. 6 projects is a lot. Also saying an idea shouldn't take too long means that you are basically saying i'm only going to put "x" effort into this map until i am satisfied (which doesn't seem to usually happen since you usually learn more and want to add more and more as you understand the editor better).

You could consider doing each map one by one till a certain beta-ish release. Your editing career for wc3 can literally last for however long you want to is basically how wc3 goes since ideas are fairly endless. Many people just don't release now that 8 megabytes is a heck of a lot of space for wc3 maps as long as your being conservative with things.

I suggest reading tutorials more than anything though; I think reading tutorials you could catch up a lot more with editing rather than figuring everything out yourself which most people tend to do.

Level 2
Well, i've learned the basics of the WE just by myself, without any tutorials. You just need to try ... Start with some maps that you won't share with the others :). For example make some kind of melee map but really small 64x64. Start with terraining. Than have Fun with triggers.

Status
Not open for further replies.