• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Awesome RPG Map Ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hello everyone. My name is Mark.

I have some awesome ideas for creating a warcraft 3 RPG map, and I am a good writer so I can come up with a good story too. But I don't know how to use the warcraft 3 map editor.

Does anyone who is good at using the editor / making maps want to team up with me to make a great RPG?
I could also use ms paint to describe how I want the map to look etc.

I am looking for someone that is trustworthy who will, when the map becomes successful, give me "part" of the credit for the ideas of the map.

So if creating an extremely awesome and fun to play RPG sounds like what you want to do, please email me. My email address is [email protected]

~ Mark

Level 3
Creating a concept is like doing 1% of the map IMO. All world editor users are overloaded of ideas of their own or from other maps so I suggest that you learn the editor and start your own. It's pretty easy and there are lots of tutorials that can help you.

And also, RPG maps are the easiest kind of maps to do, trust me. That's what beginners at world editor do.

Goodluck.

Level 16
You're kinda late to the party, but if I may suggest, you can try your hand on creating stories to go along with terrains. Look around the Terrain Board section of the forums for a start.

Level 2
Creating a concept is like doing 1% of the map IMO. All world editor users are overloaded of ideas of their own or from other maps so I suggest that you learn the editor and start your own. It's pretty easy and there are lots of tutorials that can help you.

And also, RPG maps are the easiest kind of maps to do, trust me. That's what beginners at world editor do.

Goodluck.

Then could you please point me in the right direction of a really really good tutorial? Like a SIMPLE step by step tutorial showing you how to build a map from scratch every step of the way?

I mean if you know of a good one and can point me in the right direction, then that would save me a lot of time and I'd appreciate it . . .

Level 9
I would recommend you to work with smaller projects to begin with (melee maps for example) so that you learn to orientate in the editor so you feel more comfortable with it. Then you can start working on a little bigger project (custom units and abillities ex). It's more satisfying to actually finish a map than just trying and giving up.

And here is a Website with alot of turitorials: http://world-editor-tutorials.thehelper.net/
Good luck :D

Level 11
Creating a concept is like doing 1% of the map IMO.

Then why is it the concept of 99% of WC3 maps is just "copy DotA" or "generic tower defense/ORPG with no storyline/etc.?" Creating a concept is at least 50% of a good map.

I'd argue AoS maps are the easiest because you pretty much just make a bunch of heroes.

Level 2
Creating a concept is indeed a decent portion of a map. However no matter how good you are at creating a 'concept' it becomes academic when you don't have to skills in WE to bring it to life and asking others to do everything isn't the way to go about it.

My suggestion is to open the editor and look at everything. And I mean everything. Click every button, place every doodad, change every value... By the time your done with this you will know the editor like the back of your hand.

Then why is it the concept of 99% of WC3 maps is just "copy DotA" or "generic tower defense/ORPG with no storyline/etc.?" Creating a concept is at least 50% of a good map.
Because the people who make such maps want to skip out on that 1% of work. An original concept is VERY easy to come up with and should take no more then an hour to fully think it out.
Please EternaLife do not start a project and expect people to do everything for you. You have an idea, so do 90% of the people here.
Also, there is no exact step by step way to make a map. That's like asking us to teach you to how paint. We can only teach you certain "strokes" but we cannot paint it for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.