• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

I need some ideas on a map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Well, I am making a map and want to make it something like Worms World Party (or any other game of the series), but with some RPG additions and ideas. The problem is that I don't want to use worms, but make the map funny and not very big. Any ideas? Models would be appreciated as well!!!

:confused:

Level 4
I'm actually making a map of my own based on Worms Armagedon. I'm not going to put any RPG thing in it or anything. I'm not really sure what it sounds like your trying to do. There's Worms 3D that you could setup as an RPG like thing. You could get a bunch of goblins and then setup a turn based strategy where you could collect items and level up and stuff. If you haven't played 3D, it would be kinda like World Party but the camera would be behind whatever you decide to use for worms.

Level 10
Well actually I have played Worms 3D and is very nice game, but you have to count so many things when shooting (wind, range ...) I want to make a map like worms that will have some other type of character (Other animal or Insect probably and same funny) and I ask for ideas on the character type. Goblins are not bad idea, but i need some more units!

Level 10
I agree with Gravedigger. If its explosions and destroying things, goblins are the way to go...Look around wc3 sites, there are loads of goblin models.

To "RPGsize" a game like this, I think you need a kind of shop where you can buy weapons(Sword, Mortar Shell, Sheep strike, ect). Every time you kill someone ,you get gold. Thats how you can buy weapons... To make this easyer, there should also be extra "creep" units (basicly and extra side) that moves between the rounds of the two players, and is controlled by the AI. This would mean that there is an alternative income to get gold, and through that, weapons.

The triggers that would make this round based seem pretty easy, so all YOU have to concentrate on is the filling (units, weaps, ect) in my opinion.
Good Luck, and if you need any help, pm me :)

Level 2
about the goblin footman: just take an orcish grunt and make him smaller and voila :p. i have another idea you might like. in warcraft 2, the counterparts and arch enemies of the goblins were the dwarfs. they were exactly the same as goblin suiciders, cause they blew themselves up 2, so it might be kewl if it were a 6vs6 map where one side is dwarf and the other is goblin.

Status
Not open for further replies.