• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need a Map Idea!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 20
Hi, my name is Slaydon and i want to make a map, but i cant never figure out which map i should make, i hope that someone can find an Idea for me, and maybe some pictures, :grin: or just an idea from your head :)

I would like to make Rpg's, or such as you got 1 hero and need to gain lvls to kill a boss or something.

Level 10
My usual idea :)

I've got an idea :)

Mark of the Wild TD

Either you have i dialog where you choose race or you do something else...

Well the races are.

Bears
Boars
Dogs/Wolfs
Cat Animals (for example, lions, cats, cheetas...)
Bugs
etc, etc...

And stuff like that.

The diferent sorts of animals should only be built at their natural enviorments (look picture).

The enemies you are defending against are humans that hates animals/bugs.

There are four types of humans coming, one from the top, they are weak against ice/snow animals, the ones from the left are weak aganist grass/forest animals, the ones from the right are weak against desert animals, and the ones from the bottom is weak against savana animals (look picture).

All towers has the ability to become a free animal that walks around and kills humans, but that costs 1 food and you only have 5 food, this amount can be incread to 10 but thats expensive.

Modes:

-AP = The usual all pick =D
-AR = The usual all random =D
-LM = Leader Mode, The host chooses races then all will be able to pick them.

Add on Modes:

-FG = Fast game, only half levels
-EM = Easy mode, humans have half hp
-HM = Hard mode, humans have double hp

47984d1234536569-td-ideas-td_idea2.jpg
47985d1234536569-td-ideas-td_idea.jpg
47986d1234537507-td-ideas-td_ideaterrain.jpg

Level 10
I'm dont know very much things about RPG's. But how about a RPG where you are marines who travel to the lost city of Atlantis? Maybe you could use my idea campaign idea, but change it to be more RPG:ish.

Here it is :p

Note that it is "Campaign Form" at the moment :p

Heres my idea;

Journey To Atlantis

Interlude;

You see some military guys talking about atlantis. Then they spread out and go to different people and talk to them;

1. One military guy goes to a little house where John lives. John is a retired military guy. The military guy who comes asks him if he can come on one last mission, to find Atlantis. He comes with the military guy.

2. Another military guy goes to Eric. Eric is a scientist arkeologic guy. The military guys asks him if he can come on a mission, to find Atlantis. Also Eric comes with the military guy.

3. John and Eric comes to the military base and talks. A little while later they go to harbour with a little troop of marines. They leave the harbour with a little ship.

~End of Interlude~

Chapter One : Diving

1. You see a little cinematic where they leave the ship and enter a submarine. The submarine dives down under the surface.

2. Now you have to play. You first walk around and do stuff for the captain of the submarine, like fix a broken engine and stuff like that. After you finish those missions a cinematic starts.

3. Cinematic: A marine comes running in. "We spotted a large thing just beside our submarine. It cant be a whale or a submarine. Its much much to large for that! Its huge!" says the marine
The captian answers: "Enter you battle stations we need to fight this "thing" down!.

4. Now you have to use the submarine (the camera view is outside the submarine now, but all other just, not the monster, is still inside.). You have to kill the monster.

~End of Chapter One~

Chapther Two : Cave Entering

1. Starts with a little cinematic where you see that they have entered a underwater cave thats not ful with water. John talks to some people about the place their at.

2. Your mission is to bring your troops and the four trucks with stuff you've got. At least 2 of them must survive. This mission is like the one where you are Maiev and Tyrande and help Kael. Sometimes Kobolds and kobold like units will attack you from both behind and forward.

3. Somewhere in the middle of the way you come to a bridge. Some kobolds have placed explosives under the bridge. Now a cinematic starts;
"Im not sure we should go over that bridge." John says.
"Why not?" A marine answers. "Its the easiest way to come across the river."
"It doesnt feel good." John says.
"Look its totaly safe" Says the marine and runs over the bridge. But when he is at the middle of it the bridge explodes and you see some kobolds run away in the shallow water under the bridge. They are laughing.
"We must go around everything now. Hurry up!" Says John.

4. Cinematic ends and you continue to walk around everything and you meet some kobolds and kill them on the way.

5. You come to a cave exit and you set up a camp there, only for the night.

~End of Chapter Two~

Chapther Three : Atlantis

1. It starts with a cinematic where all the marine guys get out from the cave from the cave exit. When you come out you see an awsome view! You stand on a little cliff and theres a jungle-like enviorment. They see Atlantis now. John and all other guys just watch the great view over Atlantis.

2. You go into Atlantis and everything is quiet. A little bit too quiet. It switches over to a cinematic where you see John and all others walking on the creepy empty roads in atlantis. Suddenly alot of guys come out from everywhere and capture everyone.

3. The Atlantians take John to the Atlantian King. They talk a little, The king is angry and John explains that they are peacfull explorers. The king understands that they are peacfull and realeses them. But all marines, except John, the scientist and 2 other marines, starts killing all atlantians and takes the king as a prisoner.

The rest is up to you :p Feel free to remove, add and change/replace stuff!

Level 5
I have an idea.

The Dragon War RPG

There is a battle between dragons and humans. You start as a human in a small village and play like 2/3 of the game as a normal human. when youve reached a VERY VERY VERY high level you may pick a class: Dragonslayer (Sword, Hammer or Bow) or Dracomancer (Knight, Pyromancer or Priest)

Classes evolve with missions and items (You have to complete missions hard as HELL to proceed):

Dragonslayers

(Hammer)
Paladin > Holy Knight > Warlord

(Sword)
Knight > Slayer > Executor

(Bow)
Bowman > Ranger > Sniper
---------------------------------------------------

Dracomancers

(Knight)
Raider > Knight > Dragon Knight

(Pyromancer)
Mage > Warlock > Firemonger

(Priest)
Priest > Bishop > Archmage

Mix this with DotA if you want and add some duels

And btw if a player becomes a dragonslayer he will be an enemy to ALL players that are dracomancers and the same for dracomancers :thumbs_up:

Level 4
I wouldn't mind seeing an rpg made completely of islands with lots of boat battles and travel. Walking everywhere gets kind of boring.

Level 9
MAP NAME: Kingdoms of Kallyiron.
MAP PREMISE: Three kingdoms are at war in the vast country of Kallyiron while six heroes have been stranded. The heroes must either become powerful enough to kill all kingdoms, or they must become mercenaries and side with a kingdom which dictates pay etc. Its multiplayer nine-player yet turnbased with a virtual map where you move battalions and employ the heroes to do your bidding. Down south it is not turnbased as the heroes grind and complete quests. However, once they have reached the northern side, they must either retreat or attack a battalion or join a kingdom in a battle. Save-load, however is balanced etc.

Level 4
Or, how about theres this giant polar bear, kay? Stick with me here, and your all penguins. And this scale 15.00 polar bear randomly attacks the city and you have to level up and eventually try and defeat him. I mean, it's just an instant win. It has penguins in. :razz:

Level 4
You mean like the Battleships map? Just as a Trader with weapons? :d

No, you wouldn't be a ship (nor would it be an AOS), each island would be a continent, and you would need to upgrade your ship to do water missions, and upgrade your hero to do land missions. It would make it easy to separate areas by level too.

Level 4
No, you wouldn't be a ship (nor would it be an AOS), each island would be a continent, and you would need to upgrade your ship to do water missions, and upgrade your hero to do land missions. It would make it easy to separate areas by level too.

I'd like to see this map, actually, because it'd be like a pirate map and to be honest, Bloody Pirates isn't that popular with folks... so a Pirate RPG i would support big time =D

Problem with RPGs is that most people want Save/Load codes 1/2 the time, the good thing about this map is you could have like a Dark Deeds point system [this is an example] but with each game someone hosts you could have Pirate Points and get better ship/captain upgrades. :grin:

Level 5
More "Dragon Wars"

When on like latest levels, Dragonslayers and Dracomancers get a Legendary Spell

Dragonslayer: Grifin mount
Dracomancers: Dragon Form

Both are based on Storm Crow Form

Both have the same Damage/MINUTE
Different Damage and Speed
Change "Chaos" damage to "Dragon"

Mounts will not be able to level up.
And they can turn back to the Hero form.

And you will also be able to "BUY" upgrades to upgrade your mount. (Extremely Expencive)

Add a trigger so the hero gets the spell when he gets to a specific level.

Status
Not open for further replies.