• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

wow cataclysm? but no warcraft 3 cataclysm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
As we all know the wow was based on the old campaign from warcraft 3. Now the world of warcraft cataclysm has release too
and the thing is i hate that i was hope that they could have warcraft 3 cataclysm and better Graphics 3D like st2.
I loved the Campaign from war3, And i think world of warcraft is not even fun

Comment why you they did'nt make cataclysm into warcraft 3

Last edited:
Level 24
The reason Blizzard dont bring up Deathwing in any warcraft 3 game is becouse they already brought him up in warcraft 2: Beyond the Dark Portal. So if you want to play an campaign as Deathwing just buy warcraft 2: Beyond the Dark Portal.

Level 24
yes if they create warcraft 4 (which i think Blizzard will) it will most surely continue from where Neltharion(Deathwing) left it. If not warcraft 4 will be about something that alredy have happend like war of the ancient or the titans and the shaping of Azeroth.

Level 2
I am only telling you what I know. Any bargain is pointless. WoW lore is only the Warcraft's lores alteration, to MMO style. Some events that may seem in WoW as epic or something else, may be for example created only in purpose of justifying some raids or dungeons.

You should learn, that MMO players and RTS players are not the same target auditoriums and Blizzards understand, that some RTS series fans may not EVER play WoW/Read WoW lore/Support it or whatever.

Thats all, I say on this topic.

Level 13
I am only telling you what I know. Any bargain is pointless. WoW lore is only the Warcraft's lores alteration, to MMO style. Some events that may seem in WoW as epic or something else, may be for example created only in purpose of justifying some raids or dungeons.

You should learn, that MMO players and RTS players are not the same target auditoriums and Blizzards understand, that some RTS series fans may not EVER play WoW/Read WoW lore/Support it or whatever.

Thats all, I say on this topic.

Well, good thing Blizzard totally had the crowd of people who didn't read any of the Starcraft books and novels in mind when writing starcraft 2.

Oh wait...

Last edited:
Level 4
Uhm well this is what I have heard, They're goin' to based the "new" pieces of wow on the movie that's coming out about a year or two (have no clue about how it's goin') anyway that's just what I have heard.. and yes/no they are just going to a add a small expasion pack to wc3 nothing special or big as sc2 or wow just a uppgrade to keep the players keep playin <- hahah no idea, they've alredy lost alot so no idea w/e

( not 110% sure about this stuff but as I said it's only what I have heard)

Level 8
i think we should be happy that there isnt a warcraft 4, just look what blizzard have done to starcraft and wow.

and c´on u have to really be an addict to read books based on a game, more when they make up stupid things that doesnt have any relation with the game

Level 6
the team working on Starcraft 2 was the team that worked on Warcraft 3, if I heard right. They have thrown the idea around about Warcraft 4 but they will not actually be sitting down and committing to a project until the two scheduled expansions for Starcraft 2 have been completed. Since Blizzard seems to have broken the "One Expansion" mold I would expect that Diablo 3 might have more than 1 as well.

I wonder if it will be held until WOW servers are shut down...that will be a long way off as they have said they will not stop developing it until the level cap reaches 100.

I hope they run some kind of alternate time line instead due to the "Lore Rape".

Level 23
I can imagine that World of Warcraft is considered Warcraft IV in their eyes. I don't believe another Warcraft-related RTS will be launched for a very long time, so you might as well enjoy what is to be launched instead of chasing ghosts.

I agree there, Im pretty sure they wont make a Wc4 as long Wow is going. Which IMO is a really long time.

Level 6
well in 2014 they will launch the 5th expantion for wow....the 4th in 2012 I think...they are working on Diablo 3, the expantions for Starcraft 2, and there will be expantions for Diablo 3 for sure...aa and btw they are working on a new game....I think its a MMO....soooo we will have to wait looooooooooooooooooooooooong looooooooong time for an RTS game for the Warcraft universe

Warcraft IV: Ghost was leaked ages ago, so they must at least be in the pre-production phase by now.

That was Sc2, at least IIRC.

Anyway, Blizz hasn't said "anything official" according to some of their interviews. Eg:
http://www.strategyinformer.com/pc/worldofwarcraftcataclysm/247/interview.html
Strategy Informer: Have you guys said anything official on Warcraft 4 yet?

David Kosak: No.

Strategy Informer: Ok... do you know when you're going to say something official?

Greg Street: Well, the World of Warcraft team is busy on World of Warcraft, and the RTS team is busy with Starcraft II, we don't right now have enough bandwidth to tackle something like that.

So basically, they haven't dismissed it as a possibility but they didn't necessarily say it is going to happen either. =P I think Blizzard is going to keep it that way for a while, at least until D3 comes out and so all the craze of new expansions will die down a bit.

Level 3
Well i think the War4 will most probably dont exist :)
First they need to shut down world of warcraft because there is the place where the warcraft history is curently continuing and to start warcraft4 they need to continue from where world of warcraft stops ... and well i dont think the world most money making game will stop ;)

Level 13
To be honest it's unlikely that they'll ignore wOW lore. As that is the current CANON lore for the Warcraft franchise.

Level 6
hey people you really think that Blizzard will do a Warcraft 4???
Ohhh come on!?!?!
Blizzard are working to hard to keep fans playing WoW because wow is the real continue of the Warcraft saga. And every patch or expansion is just the progress of the history.
Blizzard don't need to make a new warcraft strategy game. Maybe in 2020 (16 years) before wow born when the looking apareance of the wow cartoon model be obsolete, and many MMO games like wow appear Blizzard take the option to do a WC4.

Level 18
What the hell guys. I'm sure the WoW lore leads are very confident of their lore. IF there will ever be a Warcraft 4, it will be related to WoW lore somehow.

And Iamthrerpr, what the hell? Warcraft 3? Stupid? Non-canon? What are you even talking about?

I just didn't like WarCraft 3 all that much, I didn't like the additions of Night Elves and Undead.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
I just didn't like WarCraft 3 all that much, I didn't like the additions of Night Elves and Undead.
The additions of those two races, heroes, and the differentiation between races and heroes were vital to make Warcraft III melee as good as it is.
With two races bearing little differences between them, I'm surprised Warcraft 1 and II had the success they did -- the strategy games back then must have really been bad. I actually don't know how successful they were, but apparently they were good enough to have sequels made for them.
If you prefer having a game in which you control only units and their HP is low, you might as well play StarCraft, which is much better than the precursors of Warcraft III.
As for the lore, Warcraft III's is unquestionably good, especially that of Reign of Chaos.

Level 11
They will not make warcraft four, they already have a leading rts game as Starcraft II, and they have already reaped all the money they can from warcraft III and has left it's players to work it out themselves (Which has worked out well if I can say so myself) There is really no reason too, Starcraft series will bring in much more money and fans then warcraft IV. The warcraft series is being carried out in a roleplaygame and it is best done that way as far as I can see.

Level 3
They will not make warcraft four, they already have a leading rts game as Starcraft II, and they have already reaped all the money they can from warcraft III and has left it's players to work it out themselves (Which has worked out well if I can say so myself) There is really no reason too, Starcraft series will bring in much more money and fans then warcraft IV. The warcraft series is being carried out in a roleplaygame and it is best done that way as far as I can see.

Well for me starcraft II was a amazing fun and i bet that diablo 3 will be the same i hope.
And Evillizard i know that blizzard have been on the warcraft series for a long time but there might be still people out there like me who realy enjoyed the Warcraft III campaigns. Even if they dont make new warcraft III campaign i will hope that they will keep working on starcraft 2 or a new game. And i think that would be world of warcraft actully.

this is getting offtopic guys... this thread isn't about wc4 (there is another thread for that I think), this is about war3 cataclysm...

afaik, they are planning to make a NEW RTS (not a sequel of wc3 or sc2)after their current works are done...

anyway, the fact is that wow is the continuation of the story of warcraft (hence a sequel, just as wc3 is the sequel of wc2) so its pretty illogical if wc3 will also get cataclysm... (the same as why wc1 and wc2 didn't get the upgrades that wc3 has)

Status
Not open for further replies.