• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

WoW Patching Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Note: I'm using Mac OS X 10.6.4

I bought World of Warcraft Classic and installed it on my computer. The installer told me to pick between Classic, Burning Crusade, and Wrath of the Lich King. I chose Wrath of the Lich King, and continued ...
I opened up the launcher and it began downloading 8.7 GB (Cataclysm).
I had authenticated my WoW account (Classic only).
The game didn't let me play at all. It forced me to upgrade.
So I went out, and I bought Cataclysm.
I put the CD in my computer, started the installer, created a new folder, and installed everything. Currently, both the classic and Cataclysm files are on my computer (WOTLK and BC I'm not sure, but I took them for granted since the Classic simply installed everything :p.). The classic is in one folder and the cataclysm is in the other (The installer was going to overwrite everything, and I didn't want to take that risk)
I went to the site to authenticate my Cataclysm key, but they said it was invalid...

What should I have done?
What did I do wrong?
What do I need to do?

Notes:
I didn't buy BC or WOTLK

Please help me guys!
I'm so pissed right now >.<
Every time I try to login (in WoW), they tell me that "My Version is not Verified".

NOTE:
I'M NOT DOWNLOADING 8.7 GB!!!

Possible solution I need to ask you guys about before doing:
- Buy BC and WTOLK, insert their authentication keys without patching them
- Insert the Cataclysm key
- Play :p

I'm counting on you guys (I already wasted 2 of the 8 weeks I have left :p)

Level 20
Umm... You cant upgrade from Classic to Cataclysm without having the other expansions.

You can however play without the expansions but your gameplay will be limited. And I dunno I just installed it from the CD and whenever it wanted to update I updated.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
1. Uninstall it.
2. Install WoW (orignal)
3. Run WoW (orignal)
4. It should now start patching (If like other blizzard games) until it is playable.
5. Play.

I have never played WoW so I am guessing the above as that is how other blizzard games like SC2 work.
You have to download the vast GBs that step 4 requires inorder to play. This is because so much content was added to WoW and so much code changed since the orignal that it is impossible to interface with the new game without updating.

Then with my slow internet (50 KB/sec), it would take days :p
... Screw WoW! I'm going to have to stick with my pirated WC3 (Strangely I had the time to download it xD)

edit
Thanks for making me realize I should just leave it all behind :p
Seriously, you can close this thread :)
In fact, since I'm not going to use the Guest Passes, PM me if you want one ;) (If that's illegal :p, you may edit this post and remove this entire line)

Status
Not open for further replies.