1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. The Highway to Hell has been laid open. Come along and participate in the 5th Special Effect Contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Worst game you have ever played?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Frostbiter, Jul 29, 2005.

1. Mr. Clean

Mr. Clean

Resources:
    Resources:
    1. E.T. (Atari 2600): I played that piece of digital garbage for less than five minutes and I felt like my I.Q. dropped 10 points. Seriously, that's the game that ended up with a million copies buried in a New Mexico and is blamed for nearly destroying the video game industry (its used as the scape goat although the term "straw that broke the camel's back" is more accurate).
    2. Sonic Labaranth (comes with Sonic Adventure DX and I know its misspelled): Basically take Sonic and put him in a game that takes away everything that's fun about the series.
    3. Mega Man 6 (NES): I've been a fan of the Mega Man series since MM2 came out and I can say that this game is the worst game in the entire Mega Man franchise that I've ever played.
    -Most overrated games.
    1. Donkey Kong Country: Basically an above average platform with top notch (at the time) graphics.
    2. Everquest: Really bad combat combined with a brutal learning curve. City of Heroes and WoW are much better MMPRPG games.
    3. Halo 2: Sure its a good FPS, but its not the revolutionary game that people claim it is.
    4. (note that this is merely the most overrated game in its represented franchise) Sonic Adventure 2: One third (speed stages) of the game was really cool, one third (mech stages) was decent but brainless, and the other third (treasure hunting) was utter garbage.

2. Rao Dao Zao

Rao Dao Zao

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    If we're going to go down the road of poor sequels, then I will cite Deus Ex: Invisible War. I mean, in itself, it's only an average game, not the worst. But, taken as the sequel to what might possibly be one of the greatest games ever, it is the biggest load of codswallop you've ever seen. The story was pretty poor, and for all the multiple endings, not one was more appealing than the others; non of the characters made you like them, the ideas were all a bit evil or disturbing... It was short too. It seems they wasted all their time making fancy shadows there were completely unnecessary and ate the computer anyway...

3. DarkShadow

DarkShadow

Resources:
    Resources:
    I have to agree with Rao Dao Zao. Some weeks ago I played Deus Ex and Deus Ex: Invisible War. I love Deus Ex, but I was very disappointed by Invisible War. They removed the ability-system, created this stupid universal ammo, translation has multiple mistakes,...to shorten this, they simply removed everything that made Deus Ex a great game.

Oh yeah, and the graphics simply sucked, imo even Deus Ex 1 was looking better :roll:

4. thrallman

thrallman

Resources:
    Resources:
    runescape i used too play it i got bord of it. i know some 1 who pays to play it. i play as a free player.
    but id have to say 1 of the many pethedic barbie games i almost ahd to take theripy after that omfg."ecuse me".i still cring at the thought.y did i play because i was half asleep and thought it was runescape lol thats how girly it is.im 13. and it was addicted to runescape. the only thing that got me off it was wc3 the holy saveyer i was waiting for since wc2 i was waiting 3 years for it.wats hte deal with half life wats the comotion ove i never liked the 1st 1. how and then theres madagestcar for gba its to short lacks efort and creativity. im going to get wow ill pay for like a half of a year and on christmass ill get like anthoer half year then ill work and pay anthoer half year. when i get it any 1 that will help me plz give your name of your guy."note im going to be a troll warrior.

5. Mechanical Man

Mechanical Man

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Cossacks comes to my mind. After searching for years for a 0.01% of the games where can you use flintlock muskets and shoot cannonballs (ignoring all-age games like Empire Earth), you get a huge disappointment. Dumb map exploring, awful terrain, low-detail units (even requiring 1024x860 res), and very quick battles even with 1000 units per side. Do not mention two 'best things': riflemen could not fire at close range (close range? 5 meters is close range?) and capturing buildings and even peasants only passing them near.
    The campaigns were unplayable because it was not possible to advance on levels even when you met victory condition.
    But tragedy continues in one of 0.0001% of WW1 games Entente:ww1 battlefields which used the same engine. Fortunately I did not play the game, but it has still buried all hopes to play on WW1 battlegrounds.

I hope that Age of Empires 3 will be better.

6. Pyrodactyl

Pyrodactyl

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Play Half Life 2 and you'll admire HL1!

Everyone said HL2 is the best game ever and stuff, so idecided to get it and play, but i think HL1's storyline was even interesting compared to the sequel. Honestly HL2 isn't the worst game i've ever played, but it's truly the most overrated. I almost fell asleep playing it,so in my opinion it's far from the "best game ever created".

Ladders were "invented" in quake 2 i think 2 years befor HL1.

About the worst game: i think it's C&C2: Tiberian Sun
    the story isn't that bad, but the ballance IS really bad. Releasing such a game after a title like Starcraft is really a shame.
    The NOD was really easy to play with those extremely overpowered artilleries and subterrainean APC-s (it's nice when 5 engineers pop up out of nowhere and sell your entire base..), not to mention the building invisibility stuff (stealth generator or something). In the expansion they nerfed the artilleries to the point that they were quite useless, and even give artilleries to the GDI, but they gave the NOD those horrible spieder things that are really the most imba thing ever made in RTS not to mention mobile invisibility generators.

7. VGsatomi

VGsatomi

Webmaster's Council

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Then I wonder if you ever played C&C: Yuri's Revenge. Most imba things? the masterminds. Could literally single-handedly mind control your enemy's entire army. It wasnt as much of a problem for the allies, but for the soviets, they had almost no defense against it.
    -VGsatomi

8. Pyrodactyl

Pyrodactyl

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    But they started taking damage when they mindcontrolled 5 units i think! Ever tried rushing a yuri base with conscripts? :)

9. Doodi

Doodi

Resources:
    Resources:
    The worst game ive ever played was Opposing Force! It was a big stupid game wih aliens! How scary!!! Im sooooooo scared! It was so silly & it sucks! The doctors there are soo funny that i was laughin!

10. VGsatomi

VGsatomi

Webmaster's Council

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Ever put 1 gattling cannon or 1 gattling tank or 1 small group of virus snipers to stop them?

Yes, the masterminds do take damage, but its too slow to kill them before the opposing players is utterly screwed. And most yuri players use enouph masterminds to divvy up the mind controls. One gattling tank can stop en endless horde of terror drones and ore minders/seige choppers simply dont do enouph damage....asides from that, the soviets dont have any non-mind controllable stuff to use....which of course = pwn3d
    -VGsatomi

11. Rexfist Malice

Rexfist Malice

Resources:
    Resources:
    well to add to some of the exciting things of what to come, I saw an E3 vid of an upcoming game, build on an ever improved version of the UT-engine - graphics are mad lemme just say that right away - now what is particular interesting is that the game is a FPSRPG - in the best sence of the combination! (although still in the test process they are apparently considering the possibility of third person mope) it features a 3D envirement with excessively detailed maplayouts that changes from game to game like it did in Diablo (remember - 3D and FPS) - and even more so, weapons are custimizeable to a very large extend AND it features role playing classes (like a "Templar" is supposedly something simmilar to a "Monk" of D1) - it takes place in near future London, and is a demoncomesandinfeststheworld game, with multiplayer - I am looking forward to it, but I'll be damned if I can remember what the shit the name of it was - obviously I could update as soon I figure out - a friend of mine still has the vid laying on his com

As for worst game ever played - Tiberian Sun or Wheel of Time - was just boring

12. Mr. Clean

Mr. Clean

Resources:
    Resources:
    -I agree about the balance problem of Master Minds vs Soviet faction. I played as Allies and from my experiences, the Yuri faction (unless they got air) had problems against mass prism tanks. IIRC, their range was longer than the range of mind control and the Yuri faction typically had lighter armored units than the other groups.
    -Although C&C Generals was pretty well balanced, I must still ask what was the best defense GLA has against a Paladin/Path Finder strategy?
    -Regardless, C&C 2 IMO was one of the most poorly balanced RTS games I ever played.

13. VGsatomi

VGsatomi

Webmaster's Council

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    @ metal. Buggies and quads. lots of them. Have some scorps there just as meat shields to stall the tanks, too. The problem is if they have a lot of avengers....but that costs an arm and a leg and are easy to pick of with quads (quads build very fast and are relatively cheap, so keep feeding them to the front). One those are dead, buggies will reign hell on tanks. At that point your only real bet would be to overwhelm one unit at a time. Buggies have the manuevarability to stay out of the range of tanks. Alwyas have spare quads to shoot down planes, when your opponent inevitably uses them.

Depending if you have time and cash, you could also throw in a battle bus to circle pick off any seige/tamahawks that have in the rear.
    -VGsatomi

14. Daminon

Daminon

Resources:
    Resources:
    I forgot that Quake II had laders.

I totaly agree with the over rating of HL 2. I liked HL very much but I was extreamly dissapointed with HL 2. The onöy thing I liked in the game was some of the new types of head crabs and zombies. I can't understand how people can call it the best game.

About Tiberian Sun. I liked the game very much but it's true about there were imbalanded and ugly things. Remeber the craters caused by the artillery? Blowing big holes in your base so you couldn't build there any more. Very annoying. And GDI's arltillery unit Juggernought. The most ungle thing in the whole game. A really weak tripple barreled cannon on 2 legs of a Titan. Not to mention the poor graphics of the infantry units. They all looked cartoony, not to mention the Cyborgs.
    Did you notice that the Reaper (spider cyborg) had a bit bugged attacks? It had 2 dual missile launchers and some times one of them could target your own units! And Ion Cannon vs. Cluster Missle and Chemeical Missile, hmm very balanced, not. The Ion Cannon has never been effective. It can destroy a single unit, some buildings but the Cluster Missile dealed destruction to you whole base and left a cluster of craters.
    However, one thing that I think added balance to the game was GDI's new RPG towers. Their Adv. Guard Tower in C&C was supposed to be anti-veichle but it God to that at all! It was good against infantry. Thank good they fixed that.
    About the Stealth Generators, yes very funny when you are going to assault the enemy and they have invisible Laser Fences that blocks your way. And then Obelisks shoots at you. That was annoying.
    And even if I loved the idea of tiberium mutated life forms I can't understand why they should to so increaible damage. Those boar like bests did heavy damage to both veichles and infantry. Same for the Floater. That wasn't right. Still I liked the game.
    I wait for its' sequel Tiberian Twilight.

Abouth Red Alert 2. I didn't like it very much. The graphics was to bad and building was destroyed in just a few secounds. Walls was just waste of resources (unlike in Tiberian Sun with the toughest walls ever in the C&C series.)
    I like the futuristic C&C concept better than Red Alert.

About C&C Generals. I liked that game but the lack of story and the some famous cinematic sequeces was boring. Otherwise it was a pretty good game. But I think USA was a bit stronger that the others. I liked to use the nuke tanks for defense.

You didn't like Half-Life either? Opposing Force is not a stupid game. Actually it was my dream that come true. To play as one the super cool soldiers from Half-Life and be on the same side as the scientists. Something that was annyoing in the games was that they couldn't spare the player from the ninja soldiers so they decided that they and the soliders were enemies. I just hated those female assassins. I liked the new alines and the alien weapons that you could use yourself. And those alines was not scary if you hade played Half-Life lots of times before.

15. Pyrodactyl

Pyrodactyl

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    @VGsatomi: yeah virus snipers are quite a threat to conscripts, but i think gattlings are ineffective againist them. A pillbox or a russian sentry killed an infantry about 3 times faster, and i dont think even those were great threats to legions of conscripts. When i played the campaign i almost never used any units but conscripts (and some miners.. for attacking! they cannot be mind controlled and are tough :) )with russians. Well at least 3/4 of them died, but the base was destroyed finally. And russians can use v3 rocket to divert the attention of gattlings (honestly it's the only thing they're good for :) ). However i do agree that mastermind is imba. As well as prism tanks :) .

@Daminon: yeah i forgot about the superweapons :) Cluster Missile was almost always a sure building kill, but Ion Cannon was almost never. Not to mention that you did not know where to shoot it cause the buildings were invisible :)
    Well the story wasn't bad, but i think TS did not add much to the storyline, it's the base story that was good (C&C1). However i'm also curious about the sequel (if it will ever be made).
    The terrain deformation was a good thing, but it had nothing to do with strategy (for example you wasn't able to destroy cliffs to make a ramp or something).

16. Pins

Pins

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:

Hellgate : London
    from Bill Roper (=diablo 2, warcarft 3, etc...) :wink:

looks freakin awesome, i agree^^
    I also wait F.E.A.R, i have the demo and it is... omg... very bloody, and MORE more more scary than Doom3.

worst game , i dont play game I dont like, and except THPS3 as I said before, i dont see more... i have a bad remember of Whacky Wheels, but it's perhaps cause i loose everytime^^

17. VGsatomi

VGsatomi

Webmaster's Council

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Are you nuts?? They dont have a cooldown and they do a significant amount of damage far unlike the sentry and pillbox....even 1 gatting TANK can hold off a large number of conscripts....turrets are even more effective because they can be repaired...and once they are revved up (which happens easily when fighting infantry) the can shred light armor, too. Even a group of bedded-down GI's dont stand a chance against a gattling turret. Thats one thing I dont really like about ra2/yr....infantry are so usless and obsolete....with the navy seals, vurus snipers....its pointless to even build them....except against the soviets, of course...they are weak against everything.

18. Pins

Pins

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    hey sorry to be off topic (a bit), but just try this single player demo :
    http://www.3dgamers.com/news/more/1096482436/
    should be hard to dl, but really TRY IT, except if you dont have a mature view of video games... it's... gore^^
    really this game will rules !!

sorry again 4 off topic :wink:

19. DarkShadow

DarkShadow

Resources:
    Resources:
    Haha, wanna spread the F.E.A.R. demo everywhere in the world, eh Pins :lol:

Yeah, F.E.A.R. is a cool game, at least it's the first game that really scared me (Doom3 was a joke, not scary at all).

20. Pins

Pins

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Yes i dont want to be the only one scared^^
    I admit than Doom3 makes me jump on my chair, but it was never fear, it was surprise :lol:
    it's still a very cool game and at least, it's enough long (cough half-life2 cough cough).