• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Worldstone Destruction

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 27
I just thought, diablo 2 ended with the worldstone being destroyed.

And diablo 3 wasn't exactly created by the people who wrote that storyline is it?

Now i wonder what they had planned, because it seemed like a pretty big deal. Would've been logical if diablo 3 revolved about the worldstone being destroyed, yet it didn't seem to have that much impact. Or have i missed something.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Or have i missed something.
You clearly have...

Both Belial and Azmodan could not have set foot on Sanctuary without it being destroyed or majorly weakened. If they did they would have been like the Prime Evils were when exiled, bleeding energy constantly unless concealed inside a mortal. The heroes of Diablo III are only powerful because it was destroyed.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Well okay. But this story wasnt written by the people who did diablo 2 right?
It has seen many writers for the past decade odd. Even between Diablo I and II it probably changed hands of a few writers.

I'm sure we all wanted to fight a corrupted Tyrael
That is not possible as he is the embodiment of justice (and now wisdom) itself. None of the council should be corruptible due to the nature of their status (being perfect). Exception seems to be Imperious who behaves differently from any other of the council.

Imperious, angel of valour, behaves rather selfishly and short sighted as hinted by the short animated movie. Diablo mentioned them having things in common. He is also the odd one out of the entire council as the only angel who wanted to destroy the humanity (the other vote was manipulate and cast by him).

It is likely that Imperious will fall to Hatred. He has been shown to be very strict and absolute. Now that he has been demoted from head of the council (Tyrael now leads under Wisdom) it is likely he will become corrupted in some ways and once again threaten the high heavens. Imperious is the strongest of the angels and so would be the most devastating if he ever became corrupt. Valour, unlike Wisdom, Justice, Hope or Destiny does not sound like it has an inherit immunity to corruption.

Level 14
Well okay. But this story wasnt written by the people who did diablo 2 right?

I'm sure we all wanted to fight a corrupted Tyrael, or maybe... Anduriel? =p although blizzard making something we didn't expect might've been good.

Yes, different production teams. Other than the franchise, D2 and D3 basically have nothing in common.

Status
Not open for further replies.