• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Continuation Theories

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archian

Site Director
Level 61
This has been the topic of many discussions around the Diablo communities.
Persoanlly I'd rather just wait for Blizzard to release the game.
But it is an interesting discussion nonetheless. While we wait! :p

The below content are all quotes.

Posted by Graverage:
[QUOTE="Prophecies of the Final Day ]And a child will cradle Terror in his breast as the heart of man falls under the shadow.

A Wanderer will pass through the ancient lands trailing chaos in his wake.

The Three Brothers will be reunited as the mortal world trembles before their might.

And so it was foretold that the Three, once reunited, would be shattered again --

And the last of them would set his sights on the holy mount. The warnings held that

Their defeat would be illusory - that the final gambit had yet to be played . . ."

And now at last the storm surges forth from the southlands, and the hand of Destruction

Reaches out to undo the workings of the Ancients. The tides of Hell surge - ready to smash

Down upon the shores of the mortal world - to drown the guilty and the innocent alike.[/quote]

"And a child will cradle Terror in his breast as the heart of man falls under the shadow."
The child is Prince Albrecht. Diablo originally tried to possess Prince Albrecht's father King Leoric but he was unsuccessful so he went after the prince instead because his young mind was more vulnerable.

"A Wanderer will pass through the ancient lands trailing chaos in his wake."
Diablo's journey as he travels in search of his brethren.

"The Three Brothers will be reunited as the mortal world trembles before their might."
The reunion of the Prime Evils in Mephisto's lair just prior to Diablo's return to hell.

"And so it was foretold that the Three, once reunited, would be shattered again --."
Mephisto and Diablo were soon slain and their soulstones destroyed.

"And the last of them would set his sights on the holy mount. The warnings held that
Their defeat would be illusory - that the final gambit had yet to be played . . ."
The first line refers to Baal and his conquest of Mount Arreat. The second line tells me that the "death" of the Prime Evils was an illusion... I believe that Baal tricked Tyrael into destroying the worldstone.

Q u o t e:
"And now at last the storm surges forth from the southlands, and the hand of Destruction
Reaches out to undo the workings of the Ancients. The tides of Hell surge - ready to smash
Down upon the shores of the mortal world - to drown the guilty and the innocent alike."
The Prime Evils decieved mortal men and the Archangel Tyrael and used them to destroy the Worldstone. Once this had been accomplished they returned to hell with a vengeance. After a brutal 20 year war with Azmodan and Belial (the lesser evils who betrayed them and banished them to the mortal world) the Prime Evils have emerged victorious, uniting all of hell under their command. Because they are no longer restrained by the World Stone they are now able to unleash their full wrath upon Sanctuary.

"The comet carries a dark omen in its fiery being and it calls the heroes of Sanctuary to defend the mortal world against the rising powers of the Burning Hells – and even the failing luminaries of the High Heavens itself."
"A dark omen in its fiery being" clearly refers to a messenger sent by the High Heavens as a harbinger of doom (basically letting everyone know they are about to get ROFLSTOMPED by the hosts of hell).

"- and even the failing luminaries of the High Heavens itself." Very interesting point here. Not only are the Prime Evils and the armies of hell on their way to kick our asses but now we have to contend with some "failing luminaries" in heaven.

What happened to Tyrael? Hard to say. But I doubt very much that he has become evil. I'm guessing hes disappered because hes been contending with the "failing luminaries" in the High Heavens.

What did they Prime Evils do to Azmodan and Belial? I can't begin to imagine but I'm guessing it wasn't a happy reunion.

Where does Cain fit in? Personally i believe hes just a feeble old man, the last of his kind, but who really knows.

Another post to think about:
Osafamosa said:
From what I've always understood, the Worldstone kept Heaven, Hell, and Sanctuary as separate worlds or dimensions. Once and awhile, Hell would open up a portal here or there to try and destroy Sanctuary. I would bet dollars to donuts this was so that they could use Sanctuary as a staging point for a mass invasion of Heaven.

So now the Worldstone is destroyed. There is nothing keeping the three dimensions separate anymore, and they are starting to bleed into each other. While Hell thrives on chaos, Heaven thrives on order and peace. So obviously, the slow merging of the three realities is disorder, and Heaven is having a hard time adjusting.

I hope the plot is something like this: Tyrael is banished or imprisoned in Heaven for smashing the Worldstone. Meanwhile, the other angels are getting weakened, while the demons are getting stronger. However, the forces of Hell realize how they were beaten by a bunch of mortals last time, so they decide it might actually be easier to skip straight to Heaven, briefly stopping in Sanctuary to gather some forces or something. You, the player, fight them a bit in Sanctuary, before finally finding Tyrael, who shows you how to get into Heaven to beat the Three.

Level 9
Interesting..

I do want to see this involve heaven, because we don't know anything about it form the last two games.

Speculate is all we can do at this point. Dear god, how am I going to endure waiting for that game!?

Level 27
Still, where is the reason for diablo's return? and has he even returned? I mean... There wasn't really much lore anyway in the diablo series but now that we are getting some more clear view on the whole world, history and all those things they better have a good reason how they possibly could bring diablo back... Unless diablo was just a regular demon and there are many more of him!!!! >.> Rofl

Level 9
Assuming that the cinematic teaser is showing diablo, he is shown without his soulstone. The destruction of the Worldstone probably killed the rule of needing a soulstone for survival.

Level 13
Assuming that the cinematic teaser is showing diablo, he is shown without his soulstone. The destruction of the Worldstone probably killed the rule of needing a soulstone for survival.
Diablo COULD exist in sanctuary WITHOUT a soulstone. However angels and demons are weaker in sanctuary than they are in their own realms. The Prime Evils decided to use the soulstones which transferred their powers to sanctuary.

On topic I've heard theories like the dark cultists have managed to summon Diablo on sanctuary without a soulstone (thus the balrog thing being "true" Diablo?). Other is that there is no Diablo at all and we will instead fight Azmodan and Belial.

Level 14
Wow Archian. That is a very precise and succinct analysis of what has happened and what may happen.

I, for one, believe that what you've said is correct. I would tend to believe that the Heavens have punished Tyrael for destroying the Worldstone. How I don't know, but it would be more likely.

Though, the fact that Tyrael is on the mainpage is interesting. Maybe his penance has been served. Or maybe it's as you said, that he was dealing with things in Heaven.

Interesting.

Level 14
On topic I've heard theories like the dark cultists have managed to summon Diablo on sanctuary without a soulstone (thus the balrog thing being "true" Diablo?). Other is that there is no Diablo at all and we will instead fight Azmodan and Belial.

You fight the "true" Diablo in hell and never in sanctuary (so far at least) and he never looked like balrog before. And I doubt a couple of pathetic cultists would have the power to summon the Lord of Terror himself. If Diablo looks any different I would bet it has to do with those two little misbehaving demons Azmodan and Belial. Remember in the trailer Diablo has two heads on his shoulders? Perhaps Diablo consumed the two demons and their powers and as a result looks much different (and is now super uber Diablo).

Level 13
You fight the "true" Diablo in hell and never in sanctuary or so far at least. And I doubt a couple of pathetic cultists would have the power to summon the Lord of Terror himself.
But it was a soulstone Diablo. Some fans have speculated that a Soulstone Diablo has the whole red muscular body due to possessing a human, while the fiery balrog thing we see in the trailer is 'pure' or 'true' Diablo.

I myself will just keep my opinnions open and will not speculate further.

Level 14
Belial and Azmodan were some of the Lesser Evils that overthrew Diablo, Mephisto, and Baal. If I remember correctly, Andariel and Duriel helped them do it.

Belial, Azmodan, Andariel, and Duriel make up the Lesser Evils, as opposed to Baal, Mephisto and Diablo who are the Prime Evils.

Level 9
I remember fighting Duriel in D2. That guy was one tough son of a bitch.

I think it's official - diablo is back. Did you guys see how intense the battle with the siegebreaker assault beast was in the D3 demo? Imagine how the fight with Diablo is going to turn out? O_O

Archian

Site Director
Level 61
Well, no one really knows for sure (other than Blizz's Diablo team employees most likely).
cheesdude said:
I remember fighting Duriel in D2. That guy was one tough son of a bitch.

I think it's official - diablo is back. Did you guys see how intense the battle with the siegebreaker assault beast was in the D3 demo? Imagine how the fight with Diablo is going to turn out? O_O
Yeah. Can't wait to meet him :xxd:

Level 12
In my opinion I believe the monster they showed at the end of the trailer is a fusion of the souls of all three prime evils.

umm and what would make you think that? That seems like a random thought... Also for something like that, thats definately not the environment to have something like that, plus that was just a boss, not fusion of prime evils.
Remember pit lords? They are large as fuck. Plus its a demo showing a preview of the game so far, and seeing as how you just meet cane, most likely that wasnt fusion of prime evils, including sense that really seems like the beggining of the game. And trust me, they wouldn't show us something like fusion of prime evils. Its just a boss, maybe even a test boss.

Status
Not open for further replies.