• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

worldedit121.exe has stopped working (Newgen/Vanilla WE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
When I launch WE or Newgen the editor partially opens and then displays the following error message.

worldedit121.exe has stopped working
A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.
[Debug] [Close Program]

After lengthy investigation I opted to delete the world editor registry.

This temporarily solved the problem. I was able to launch again but only once before the error was repeated.

I went through and deleted the registry values for WE one by one to isolate the problem to the registry value:
Computer/HKEY_CURRENT_USER/SOFTWARE/Blizzard Entertainment/WorldEdit/Windows State Main

I did some further testing with this value deleted and it seems that I only need to delete it when I have maximized the main WE window and exited the program.

I can certainly continue to use WE either deleting the registry value every time or not maximizing the editor but I thought I might ask if anyone had any ideas on why this might be occurring or how I might fix it.

Thanks guys and gals!

Status
Not open for further replies.