• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece!🔗 Click here to enter!

[Role Playing Game] World of Warcraft: Heroes Return

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
thanks for the comments and yes, no storyline needed at the moment since this is MORPG (except later when I have implement deathwing on the map, since there'll be a storyline cinematic included)

anyway, just done some mesh edit and reskin for new attachments that dropped by enemies.
New Weapon Attachments
142469-albums6993-picture79206.jpg

Also armor equipment now divided into 2, plate (for fighter) and robe (for spell caster). Going to retouch the terrain now, and add Paladin Arthas as secret character.

Level 14
thanks for the compliments, just bought a new laptop, since previously my laptop sometimes died whenever opening WE which made me unable to fully enjoying terraining. expect a remake over area on next progress!

btw, any reccommended WoW BGM title to be used as a map new BGM?

@nhs: well people could PvP anytime, anywhere just by changing their allience from ally to unally.

Level 9
Okay. I love green, but this terrain......make me love it even more. Love it.
Wait, is it me or those houses are bigger than the people?

Level 30
The new remake is indeed better and much more better in cases of its form. Though it's quite empty and only filled with trees and little amount of rocks. I would suggest placing more environmental doodads into this if incase you would find more fitting doodads that would fit with the terrain's quality.

Overall, good job and +rep.

Level 14
thanks for the compliments guys.

@hell_master: well, if you look closely (esp 2nd pic) there ain't any enviromental rock placed but trees, flowers and grass which I seen visually the finest in-game instead of has to spamming unnecessary other doodads. (but if you mentioning the 1st pic in front of entrance (everafter forest) it's because I had removed all of the doodads because the terrain is on remake)

loversdale progress:
made a ressurection point as an additional area on loversdale (was planned as a graveyard but nah, changed my mind), depending on the size later, I might placing a heroic statue instead of that stone on the middle. as always, unit placed is for size comparison.

Ressurection Point

142469-albums6993-picture79462.jpg

Level 14
@hadeis: well as long as it's understandable, I believe it's not really a big issue at the moment.

@chenralstrasz: yes, haven't placed grasses or all sort since the ressurection point still on layouting atm. might re-edit and fix the grasses agn since it seems dissapear (or unnoticable) when viewed from afar.

Level 24
Great work, I see you've taken inspiration from the dwarves of Twilight Highlands. But I need to ask why do you only have one villager on the street, seems a little empty for a fortress. The roofs also looks a bit clean, I think they would benefit visually if they had some bushes on them.

Level 14
@chenralstrazh: thanks!

@razosh: well the unit placed there is only for size comparison purpose - rather than leave it empty without any comparison, since the city is still WIP.
the roof originally had brushes (like in WoW) but I removed it as well as any unnecessary polies in order to reducing the size of model mesh, as well as editing it. might put the grasses later on on the roof, and wall.

Terrain Remake Progress:
Evergreen Port terrain as it's on prototype terraining state.

142469-albums6993-picture79534.jpg

Last edited:
Level 16
It looks almost like wow and the terrain is ok. Overall it's well optimized, I can see the effort in making it optimal also your efforts in the coding part are appreciated if you made it all alone. The only thing I don't really get is why does the map has such flat lighting? What type of lighting are you using? That's my only complaint, it's missing the shading which is bothering the eyes a little. If you notice in wow, there is a very nice light and atmosfear, *Note that I am saying this before trying out the map, maybe I'm wrong so if I am I'll change my post. Trying it out right now.

Rep for your hard work!

Level 14
@gwap: haha yeah, just to make sure that I'm not dead yet. and thanks, while I've got alot of remake concept on my head keep coming, I think I'd just do that before they went off somewhere.

@tobyslim: nice eyesight for noticing that, as I expected from you. I've checklisted "unshaded" part on every materials I've imported into the map, since some of them especially grass has bad shade when it's not activated. this is also the reason why I deactivate night mode, since unshaded materials would looks bright - and totally odd on wc3 night lighting. this is might be not perfect but I'm trying to made (sort of) lighting effect on the lava.

New Everafter Forest - Layout WIP
142469-albums6993-picture79537.jpg

also thank you very much for the appreciation and understand the effort!

Level 24
It looks great but the rock and the grass does not work together, you should try to cover some of the rock up with grass and also make the rock gray.

Level 14
thanks for the feedback, the rock actually sharing the same texture as the black tile that I'm using, this is to avoiding size spam and reach over 8 mb easily (same goes to some materials that I've putted on). it'll be easy to put every this and that of WoW stuff directly but the size would be overwhelmed, this is why I have editing and reducing any of them first. also the terrain above is still on layouting atm with only important doodad placed, no grass or any decoration placed yet.

Level 16
Ok I played it and it looks interesting. The shading is flat, I know it's your choice and I know the reasons but you can do it without sacrificing the entire lighting in the map. I noticed you use the same shading for Fairy tale witch matches like a glove (Meaning it looks ok in there). Even in the wow map it looks alright but the blurry textures don't really look that good unshaded resulting in a a unwanted meshing of the objects with the environment which becomes unpleasant and tiering for the eyes after some play time. WOW has quite a bit of shading which makes the terrain what it is aside from its textures.
Some people might be Ok with it so this is just my personal opinion, you know how much I am obsessed with good lighting!

Examples from WOW.
210613-albums6274-picture79538.jpg

210613-albums6274-picture79539.jpg

I think you can use Wc3 night lighting safely! If you consider it to bright you can use a darker DNK light instead. If you need help with that I can give you some good ones, I think people would like to have a day-night system.

210613-albums6274-picture79540.jpg

210613-albums6274-picture79541.jpg

210613-albums6274-picture79542.jpg

Most MMOs use shading in general, newer ones really profit from powerful shading technology and make good use of it.
210613-albums6274-picture79543.jpg

210613-albums6274-picture79544.jpg

That about sums it, the grass along with other things can be fixed pretty easily with modification to the normals which is why I want to ask, are you using MdlVis to convert the wow models? There is a fast way to correct that!

I'll have to agree with the others on that rock, you could give it a better quality since it's really big and very noticeable in the terrain, maybe you'll consider the suggestion after you finish the new terrain, the rest is just fine.
I like the lava and the glow turned out great, it could use a layer of animated red water over it. I would also like to see a backpack system, really wanted to collect items and sell them like in WOW but maybe I'm stretching it to far, I'll wait for your improvements, good luck and if there's anything you need, ask! :wink:

This has been my review so far!

Level 14
yeah, some textures which I recompressed using blp lap somehow blurry when viewed from afar, wondering why is it. (some can be fixed by reconvert it using wc3viewer, some can't)
those are good references indeed, is that linneage in the 2nd hided image there? anyway what's DNK light?
well mdlvis can't converting models, but milkshape is. I often use mdlvis for removing WoW tremendous keyframes and editing vertex on a mesh (sometimes removing some which is unnecessary). the rock was actually sharing texture with a black tile, picking a black as a natural color one to be able to bend well with every area on the map, including dungeon - sort of economical and multifunctional usage. having them with different texture would require another model and texture for each of variated rocks, but I might consider about the rock textures depending on the size later on, as well as other suggestions.

anyway, big thanks! awesome suggestions as you had include amazing reference/example on it which made me get some sort of idea.

Level 10
Ok,

i really like the changes you made in the cities. Also I have to say that i really like the contrast of the black rock/dirt and the grass, i mean its burnt and you have lava there so a normal grey rock would not fit there at all. But (if you manage to finde some space for it) you could a) add a ground texture that you could use as a transition from burnt gound to grass (burnt grass?, just the black ground with some small spots of grass) or try to hide the line where grass and ground touch with normal gray or brown rocks (what might look better imo), so the ground looks ripped up but is only black where the lava is close.

Level 14
lol. thank you.

anyway, just finish layouting remake-over version of whole everafter forest and darkfang forest, just need to decorating them next.
also this is the current wip layout of molten core, still temporary tho, might change it if I had another idea about the layout. unit placed for size comparison.

Molten Core Layout WIP
142469-albums6993-picture79659.jpg

Level 6
lol. thank you.

anyway, just finish layouting remake-over version of whole everafter forest and darkfang forest, just need to decorating them next.
also this is the current wip layout of molten core, still temporary tho, might change it if I had another idea about the layout. unit placed for size comparison.

Molten Core Layout WIP

What the hell!

Level 24
Looks really great but I'm having trouble trying to find out where the player is supposed to walk.

Level 14
lol. Thank you.

Anyway, just finish layouting remake-over version of whole everafter forest and darkfang forest, just need to decorating them next.
Also this is the current wip layout of molten core, still temporary tho, might change it if i had another idea about the layout. Unit placed for size comparison.

molten core layout wip
what the hell!

aye! it is a hell, literally. too much fiery I might change it.

@razosh: there's a unit placed on the lava for a size comparison. yeah, that's the pleace player'll be walking in.

Level 3
This stupid idea just came into my mind after dreaming last night that I'm in some kind of a dungeon.. How about making a part in the dungeons where 3-4 enemies will suddenly appear and attack the shit out of you at the same time? XD

Level 14
thank youu guys.

@gwap: suree, I'll consider this one, I actually was already had this kind of idea for every nerubians on darkfang forest to made them has shadowmeld (which automatically hide on night time) since the terrain had alot of webs which kinda fitting atmosphere for them to dissapear at night and then ambush player who passed by, but I forgot I deactivate night time. lol

Level 30
lol. thank you.

Molten Core Layout WIP

Looks great and... crispy. Anyway, it looks good as I've said.

But maybe if you can edit models, you could try giving those rock decorations some magma cracks in it. It'll look much better in the terrain.

Level 14
But maybe if you can edit models, you could try giving those rock decorations some magma cracks in it. It'll look much better in the terrain.

well most of the models I'm using were edited 1st for personal usage actually (not kind of person who would just download and put as something haven't fit on the need). magma crack would require a new texture, I'll see how much size after I'm done with the remake over final size, if the size still possible before reach 6mb, then I'll add up all of the suggestions fitting in. thanks for the suggestion.

Status
Not open for further replies.