• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Role Playing Game] World of Warcraft: Heroes Return

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
well the map type is different, it's a risk map while this is orpg. lol

anyway, just felt like to post something just to inform the progress still worked on everyday.
I have currently made like 70+ new items so far, along with their own description tooltips. Also some equipment type are now splitted.
Armor divided into 4:
- Cloth (Mage, Priest)
- Plate (Warrior, Paladin, Death Knight)
- Leather (Hunter, Rogue)
- Mail (Warrior, Paladin, Death Knight, Hunter, Rogue)
Left Hand divided into 3:
- Shield (Warrior, Paladin, Death Knight, Hunter, Rogue)
- Book (Mage, Priest)
- Dagger (Rogue)

also, vendor NPC now has a hovering text under their head so player can easily found them. you can now talk with every NPC by clicking "Talk to (NPC Name)" (which now I made it as a text on screen instead of floating text), to gain some info, blab, or even a clue for secrets.

ok, now back working on terrain.

EDIT: New Ajzol-Nerub Entrance terrain sneak peek.

Ajzol-Nerub Entrance - Revised
142469-albums6993-picture80372.jpg

Last edited:
Level 3
I like that idea about the clues and secrets. Like the part where we can get the secret codes and stuff....And magnificent Terrain as always :)

Level 24
So I guess that's the entrance to Azjol-Nerub and even though it looks epic I don't know how well the frozen theme works with the lava.

Level 24
Considering that this fortress is usually in a frozen landscape and has the color of one I don't know.

Level 9
is there some kind of red lightning flash I see in the new entrance? overall, good job with the new one, althrough the spider head looks so funny.

bethmachine

Banned
Level 8
The problem I have with the anubarack boss terrain is that there is the lava looking all destructive an all and then you get past the bridge and than it looks like nothing happend, I am just telling you what I think hope you understand what I'm trying tell you, anyway I like your terrains.

Level 14
sorry, no progress for past several days due to bedrest.

ok, has read the comments about the entrance that should be in frozen landscape. well, there aren't any frozen landscape (yet) on the map, beside ajzol nerub layout itself doesn't based off 100% from the actual WoW and has non frozen zone looks needed to fit in (if you questioning about the lava, it is globally everywhere on the map). as for someone who mention about the lore, let say.. this map is my own version of Azeroth, so it isn't 100% related with the actual WoW lore itself.

anyway, just want to confirm 2 classic characters: Arthas and Grom would be available as secret characters on next brand new version.

New Secret Characters
142469-albums6993-picture80566.jpg

Level 30
The idea of making famous figures in Warcraft appear as secret characters in your map looks good.

Can't say much but I do think some more could be added such as Illidan, Uther, Maiev and etc.

Overall, good luck and more powers to you project. +rep for the update and the great work as well, I was starting to think that the project got stopped of some sort but this update did enlightened me.

Level 14
That Grom looks cool! Where did you find this? A recolor of his model in WoD?
I found one on a korean site back on 2010, and edit the model to fit in. just fyi, it's using WoW orc base model.

The idea of making famous figures in Warcraft appear as secret characters in your map looks good.

Can't say much but I do think some more could be added such as Illidan, Uther, Maiev and etc.

Overall, good luck and more powers to you project. +rep for the update and the great work as well, I was starting to think that the project got stopped of some sort but this update did enlightened me.
Would do, but I only choose some classic characters that take a big role on warcraft history due to filesize limitation. And Illidan is considerable to include in the future (the one before he consume skull of gul'dan and grow demonic wings).

Anyway, thanks for the support. Don't worry, the project won't be stopped.

Level 24
I love the new characters and I agree with Hell Master but I think you should add one character of every playable race to please everyone.

Level 14
Yep, will do. This is current consideration of classic secret characters with their representative race:

NE - Illidan (before he consume skull of gul'dan and grow demonic wings)
BE - Might be Kaelthas (will change the current fire mage base model and customize a new one if this happen)
Undead - Undecided (might be undead version of Sylvanas)

Level 24
If I could share my favorites.

Night Elf - Tyrande Whisperwind
Blood Elf - Lor'Themar Theron
Undead - Sylvanas Windrunner
Tauren - Cairne Bloodhoof
Troll - vol'Jin
Goblin - Gallywix
Pandaren - Taran Zhu
Dwarf - Bran or Magni
Draenei - Velen
Worgen - Genn Greymane
Gnome - Gelbin Mekkatorque

Level 14
thanks for the reccommendation of picking choices. actually due to certain reasons (like trying to make the size not to ever reach 8mb) some races like Troll, Tauren, Goblin, Pandaren, Worgen and Gnome doesn't available on the game at the moment. Drawf is there tho, but only as a vendor NPC.

Level 14
unfortunately I wouldn't include neither Rhonin or Krasus, since I intend to only include 5 secret characters (1 figure per available race on this map) that known by people generally as you know, not everyone read the lore. beside since secret characters require a code to unlocking it, what's the point of including alot of them when only few people that actually could found the code? :)

anyway, terrain is still on reworking, new sneak peek screenshots will be coming eventually.

Level 14
@heinvers: hmmm haven't touch the terrain yet, currently making a WIP of new hunter and warrior class at the moment.

New Classes WIP
attachment.php

@Razosh: currently Sulfuras is the only legendary weapon that available on the map (low chance dropped by ragnaros), maybe there'll be like 4 legendaries to include in further version.

Attachments

• WoWHR-NewHunterandWarrior.jpg
    WoWHR-NewHunterandWarrior.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 374
Level 14
thanks for the compliments.

hmmm I didn't plan to include Val'anyr as one of legendary due to it's tremendous poly. beside, I'm only include 1 legendary per weapon type and sulfuras is already picked as a legendary mace instead of val'anyr.

Status
Not open for further replies.