1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Melee Mapping contest #3 - Poll is up! Vote for the best 4v4 melee maps!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The 30th edition of the Modeling Contest is finally up! The Portable Buildings need your attention, so come along and have a blast!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. We have a new contest going on right now! Join the 11th Music Contest! You are to make a Cinematic modern sound-track for this contest, so come and compete with other people for fun.
    Dismiss Notice

World of Thera v1.1

Submitted by Kogor
This bundle is marked as pending. It has not been reviewed by a staff member yet.
World of Thera v1.1 - Full Release

Strategy game inspired by Azeroth Wars and other maps.

Explore the world of Thera as one of 9 races in this RTS map by Kogor. Resource management, army compositions, and skill are all aspects of games that I have attempted to bring out in Fantasy Wars.

In this map you play as one of 9 races, with their own lore and unique playstyles, in an attempt to conquer the world. Whether that be through alliances or sheer domination, no two games will ever be the same. There is no AI support, the game is meant to be played full house, 9 players, with the host slot closed (it is only used for testing purposes, as the creator of the map I often watch people play my map rather than play it myself).

If you enjoy this map, or want to leave feedback, please join the discord to support and discuss it: Discord - Free voice and text chat for gamers

The game is basically done, aside from further balance to be done as the map progresses and players give more feedback. If you do not use Warkeys, some hotkeys may be incorrect, that will be fixed in future builds, I just wanted to push a fleshed out build ASAP.

Please refrain from altering any portion of this map. Any map not posted on HIVE by Kogor is a fraudulent version.

Thank you everyone who have supported me and tried my game out in the ALPHA stage,

Kogor
Contents

World of Thera v1.1 (Map)

Reviews
DrakPanda
no singleplayer for no AI at all only 7 races not 10 shops dont work (dwarves) or dont work properly (horde) backpacks can never be gotten Humans have odd way to aquire shipyard? rest dont? Dwarves need arcane vault/castle/fortress for tech Horde...
Daffa the Mage
Set to pending for proper review
  1. DrakPanda

DrakPanda

Resources:
    Resources:
    no singleplayer for no AI at all
    only 7 races not 10
    shops dont work (dwarves) or dont work properly (horde)
    backpacks can never be gotten
    Humans have odd way to aquire shipyard? rest dont?
    Dwarves need arcane vault/castle/fortress for tech
    Horde alrdy has free fire arrows
    Demons can aquire control magic before diabolist, advanced market efficiency doesnt work, destroyer form unobtainable, black citadel no attack button? economics whats a gold grudge?
    Elves market efficiency also doesnt work, wisps get lumber only apon research? ancient of lore gives unholy frenzy to whom? frost arrows level 2 and 3 arent a thing
    Uxala can get cannabalize before blood gourger, coral beds are murloc huts, shrine = kings palace
    Nagasi regen cant be gotten

current state lots of bad tooltips and just needs a lot of TLC

2. Kogor

Kogor

Resources:
    Resources:
    Dude, FUCK YEAH. Thank you so much. Do you know how hard it is to catch everything when I'm the only one looking at it, I'm not a pro, and I have nobody else in my life who cares or knows enough about it to help?

Just two(edit:3)points, 1. I don't know if I will ever do AI support, 2. I've only completed 7 races and I'm working on the other three, that's intentional and I'm sorry for not making it apparent in the description. EDIT: 3. The human way to get a shipyard is intentional, it's just a flavor thing that I enjoy and doesn't really hinder the gameplay, but fair point it is weird.

Overall though, I love it. I'm fixing it all. Thank you!!!!

Last edited: Jan 7, 2019
  3. Daffa the Mage

Daffa the Mage

Map Moderator

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Use the Map Development forum for in development maps. A WIP map is considered a violation of Map Submission Rules point 5.

Substandard until it's near completion (just ask for a re-review by then). We do not take early WIPs in Map Section for quality reason.

If you would like to object to this moderation, feel free to use Staff Contact.

4. Kogor

Kogor

Resources:
    Resources:
    Question, I have a version of the map that is complete, but I call it beta for the sake of balance. it's very hard to balance a map until people begin playing it and i get a better feel for everything. Is that also not allowed? If so, I will not post my map until it is finished. Thank you.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2019
  5. Daffa the Mage

Daffa the Mage

Map Moderator

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    If it's Late BETA, with all core functions ready, it's considered acceptable.

6. Kogor

Kogor

Resources:
    Resources:
    Definitely would consider the newest iteration late beta. It's almost entirely just unit balance, which comes over time (honestly need more testers for this, player skill and experience also plays a huge part)

That's the only part of it being a beta. Core mechanics are there, things are in place the way I want them to be ultimately, and there are no major changes in the foreseeable future.

If you could let me know if this version is okay to post, that would be great. Updated the main post. Thanks

7. Daffa the Mage

Daffa the Mage

Map Moderator

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Set to pending for proper review

8. GhostOfPast

GhostOfPast

Resources:
    Template:
    Resources:
    The discord link is dead, be sure you enabled an infinite amount of time.
    Also i watched your triggers and there's a lot of edits to do. It somewhat works the way you made it but i think you can make it more compact and intelligent :p

Mah Discord :
    FlameofChange3103

9. neven1

neven1

Resources:
    Resources:
    is having 22 mb music file in your map really neccesary?

10. Daffa the Mage

Daffa the Mage

Map Moderator

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Please provide screenshots