• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

World of Strife: Retribution v1.52d

World of Strife: Retribution v1.52d

The Kingdom of Rakasla, a sprawling metropolis nestled in the Valley of Lords, was the capital of a grand empire of megalithic strength and economic might, exerting an age of golden prosperity and peace upon the land.

This age soon came crashing down in a war of pure, unadulterated violence that mutilated the very ground with depraved bloodshed. As turbulent powers raged across the land, sleeping creatures awoke, ancient Dragons emerging from their homes to rage across the world in primal might. Now, heroes have returned to Rakasla to face the source of this great evil and make it face Retribution. The fate of the lands rests in the balance, and the victor of this greater war will become the master of this World of Strife.

World of Strife: Retribution is a 1-8 player game and is the sequel to World of Strife: Tribulations & World of Strife: Exodus

There are three game modes with up to seven human players and one dragon player.

• Normal - This mode is where the humans try and defend against the undeath long enough so that they may strike back and attempt to kill the evil Lord Lothrim.

• No Undead - This mode removes all of the undeath forces and allows the humans to ally and duke it out between each other.

• FFA - This mode is where no one is allied, but the forces of undeath are still present. Whoever is able to kill the Dragon may still be it's Master.

Objectives for Normal:

• Humans - The humans must choose sides and fight their way to the heart of Lord Lothrim and kill him. This is no easy task, however destroying the spawn buildings of his minions will surely ease your troubles.

• Dragon - You are a great mythical beast, though young and ignorant at first, your best bet is to seek alliegance with some of the humans so that they may feed you so you can grow quickly and aid them in a fight against the undeath. If you die as Ignorance, you will respawn in your dragon nest since you don't know any better. Though beware, once you die after you have grown to Knowledge or Wisdom, you will no longer be sheltered by your Ignorance. You will be tainted by the power of the undeath and be forced to join the ranks of Lord Lothrim's minions. If you die to the humans there is no coming back.

• Undeath Humans - At this point, you have failed your first objective to kill Lord Lothrim, and you now have been turned against your fellow men as you join the ranks of the undeath. Now it is your goal to destroy every last human and turn them into one of Lord Lothrim's minions.

• Undeath Dragon - You have proven that you are either foolish or evil at heart and now have become a minion to Lord Lothrim. Your goal is to make life for the humans miserable and turn their bases into rubble. But becareful, if you die once more, you will never come back.

There are three difficulties under normal and FFA that Red chooses. Easy, Normal, and Hard.

• Easy - No Damage or Armor Increase For Undeath Units.
(For 1-3 players)

• Normal - 40% Damage Increase, +10 Armor Increase For Undeath Units.
(For 4-6 players)

• Hard - 80% Damage Increase, +20 Armor Increase For Undeath Units, and units spawn twice as fast.
(For 7-8 players)

Easy is for novices, medium is for a challenge, and hard is for veterans only. You've been warned.

255nywp.jpg

2uhr9y9.jpg

tak8xu.jpg

2j64avm.jpg

2ptqluf.jpg

Updates:

-v1.44f through v1.50-

• Added Dragon Hunter hero
• Balances made to items
• Minor changes to the build order, and an upgrade for more food
• Fixed all the lag by removing the memory leaks

-v1.51a-

• More balance changes to the Arcane and Mercenary paths
• Updated more units that didn't benefit from the proper upgrades
• Advanced worker now repairs faster than the normal peasant

-v1.52-

• Medium difficulty a little more difficult, i.e. chance for more enemy spawns
• Updated dialog options to reflect the amount of players in game and the recommended difficulty

-v1.52a-

• Fixed Goblin Mortar Teams not having burning oil
• Fixed bug with Troll Berserkers starting out in their upgraded form already
• Fixed the food upgrade to actually give you the +50 food like it should
• Made sure All allied raised skeletons benefit from upgrades

-v1.52b-

• Demolisher now benefits from upgrades
• Redeemer now mechanical and can be repaired
• Nightmare spawn is now pinged

Custom Icon Credits:
Shaeam
Pyramidhead

Model credits to:
Bart_Illidan
Elenai
jigrael
Sellenisko
Callahan
Kwalit
WolfmanArc
Pyramidhead
JesusHipster
armel
Afronight_76
General Frank
Tarrasque

Skin Credits:
Just_Spectating
67chrome
Ampharos_222
Daenar7
Cloudwolf

Terrain:
Saken

Triggers:
Krath

Unit Editing:
Krath & Saken

Keywords:
World of Strife, Defense, Survival, Undead, War, Dragon, Human, Strategy, FFA, Teams, Team, Krath, Saken, WKRE, Undeath, Free For All, Retribution, WP, WOLF PACK
Contents

World of Strife: Retribution v1.52d (Map)

Reviews
20:41, 1st Aug 2010 ap0calypse: Approved
Level 12
Its my nature and accordingly its my very own predilection, dont you mention it=) im always on Undead side, if somwhere any possibility to play vampirelike heroes/undead i`m there then, mostly considering such games) And thanks if you make smth disgusting as undead it self, with blackest arts, bloody heroes, skills, darkest appearance/performance i would love it)) And again, that`s my very own desires.

Hey Lake Bodom! I know this isn't quite up your alley for playing as the dark/evil side, but it definitely does allow for undead play; it just isn't the main focus. I can't tell you if we'll be making a spin-off just yet for a player to be on the dark side, but I'll be the first to message you if we do go that route.

Great map, and great terrain! wonder who did it :ogre_kawaii:

Oh gee, I wonder who!? ;)

Level 1
Map seems to have fatal/desync issues as I have crashed out every time I've hosted this. The map itself seems fun enough though

Level 1
Hey Slein, were there certain parts where it desynced? This map hasn't ever fatal'd on us but admittedly I don't think I've play tested this in the latest patch.
Can't recall any events happening around my desyncs, but I was playing dragon and it seemed like it only happened to the dragon player.