1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

World of Strife: Retribution v1.52d

Submitted by Krath, Saken
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
World of Strife: Retribution v1.52d

The Kingdom of Rakasla, a sprawling metropolis nestled in the Valley of Lords, was the capital of a grand empire of megalithic strength and economic might, exerting an age of golden prosperity and peace upon the land.

This age soon came crashing down in a war of pure, unadulterated violence that mutilated the very ground with depraved bloodshed. As turbulent powers raged across the land, sleeping creatures awoke, ancient Dragons emerging from their homes to rage across the world in primal might. Now, heroes have returned to Rakasla to face the source of this great evil and make it face Retribution. The fate of the lands rests in the balance, and the victor of this greater war will become the master of this World of Strife.

World of Strife: Retribution is a 1-8 player game and is the sequel to World of Strife: Tribulations & World of Strife: Exodus

There are three game modes with up to seven human players and one dragon player.

• Normal - This mode is where the humans try and defend against the undeath long enough so that they may strike back and attempt to kill the evil Lord Lothrim.

• No Undead - This mode removes all of the undeath forces and allows the humans to ally and duke it out between each other.

• FFA - This mode is where no one is allied, but the forces of undeath are still present. Whoever is able to kill the Dragon may still be it's Master.

Objectives for Normal:

• Humans - The humans must choose sides and fight their way to the heart of Lord Lothrim and kill him. This is no easy task, however destroying the spawn buildings of his minions will surely ease your troubles.

• Dragon - You are a great mythical beast, though young and ignorant at first, your best bet is to seek alliegance with some of the humans so that they may feed you so you can grow quickly and aid them in a fight against the undeath. If you die as Ignorance, you will respawn in your dragon nest since you don't know any better. Though beware, once you die after you have grown to Knowledge or Wisdom, you will no longer be sheltered by your Ignorance. You will be tainted by the power of the undeath and be forced to join the ranks of Lord Lothrim's minions. If you die to the humans there is no coming back.

• Undeath Humans - At this point, you have failed your first objective to kill Lord Lothrim, and you now have been turned against your fellow men as you join the ranks of the undeath. Now it is your goal to destroy every last human and turn them into one of Lord Lothrim's minions.

• Undeath Dragon - You have proven that you are either foolish or evil at heart and now have become a minion to Lord Lothrim. Your goal is to make life for the humans miserable and turn their bases into rubble. But becareful, if you die once more, you will never come back.

There are three difficulties under normal and FFA that Red chooses. Easy, Normal, and Hard.

• Easy - No Damage or Armor Increase For Undeath Units.
(For 1-3 players)

• Normal - 40% Damage Increase, +10 Armor Increase For Undeath Units.
(For 4-6 players)

• Hard - 80% Damage Increase, +20 Armor Increase For Undeath Units, and units spawn twice as fast.
(For 7-8 players)

Easy is for novices, medium is for a challenge, and hard is for veterans only. You've been warned.

Screenshots
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]

Updates:

-v1.44f through v1.50-

• Added Dragon Hunter hero
• Balances made to items
• Minor changes to the build order, and an upgrade for more food
• Fixed all the lag by removing the memory leaks

-v1.51a-

• More balance changes to the Arcane and Mercenary paths
• Updated more units that didn't benefit from the proper upgrades
• Advanced worker now repairs faster than the normal peasant

-v1.52-

• Medium difficulty a little more difficult, i.e. chance for more enemy spawns
• Updated dialog options to reflect the amount of players in game and the recommended difficulty

-v1.52a-

• Fixed Goblin Mortar Teams not having burning oil
• Fixed bug with Troll Berserkers starting out in their upgraded form already
• Fixed the food upgrade to actually give you the +50 food like it should
• Made sure All allied raised skeletons benefit from upgrades

-v1.52b-

• Demolisher now benefits from upgrades
• Redeemer now mechanical and can be repaired
• Nightmare spawn is now pinged

Custom Icon Credits:
Shaeam
Pyramidhead

Model credits to:
Bart_Illidan
Elenai
jigrael
Sellenisko
Callahan
Kwalit
WolfmanArc
Pyramidhead
JesusHipster
armel
Afronight_76
General Frank
Tarrasque

Skin Credits:
Just_Spectating
67chrome
Ampharos_222
Daenar7
Cloudwolf

Terrain:
Saken

Triggers:
Krath

Unit Editing:
Krath & Saken

Keywords:
World of Strife, Defense, Survival, Undead, War, Dragon, Human, Strategy, FFA, Teams, Team, Krath, Saken, WKRE, Undeath, Free For All, Retribution, WP, WOLF PACK
Contents

World of Strife: Retribution v1.52d (Map)

Reviews
20:41, 1st Aug 2010 ap0calypse: Approved
  1. Saken

Saken

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Bump:

Updated to the newest version, 1.5! Now introducting World of Strife: Retribution.

2. Ardenaso

Ardenaso

Resources:
    Resources:
    It was fun for the first 6 minutes until it started lagging hard. What are these "paths" btw?

3. Saken

Saken

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Oh weird? Normally it doesn't get to be laggy until you are about 45 minutes to an hour in when you're having massive armies attacking the undead base. I'll have to retest again with Krath to make sure this isn't some reoccurring issue.

To answer your question though, the paths are obtained by building a Path Barracks and choosing 1 of 4 of the Paths. Each Path is a special set of units with unique and powerful units all within their own rights. There is the Dragon Hunter Path, the Elementalist Path, the Holy Path, and the Mercenary Path. Basically when building a Path Barracks, you are ascending form the Tier 1 units that you get from the first Barracks, which produces units that won't last long mid to late game. The Path Barracks grants you the Tier 2 Units which can help you survive attacks from the undead easier, and as well give you enough man power to make an outpost and begin attacking the undead.

4. Krath

Krath

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    ... And the Arcane Path. 5 paths.

5. Saken

Saken

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Whoops, my bad! 5 Paths, 5.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2016
  6. Ardenaso

Ardenaso

Resources:
    Resources:
    My system processor is AMD E-300 APU with Radeon graphics, 1.30 GHz and 1.6 GB usable RAM

I'm thinking I could finish this in singleplayer no cheats if the lag isn't a bother.

7. Saken

Saken

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    We'll be releasing a new update fixing a lot of the memory leaks that were definitely causing all of that lag, so I apologize for the bad play experiences before due to the unbearable lag. We just need to run a couple more tests to smooth a couple last minute changes, but we should have a way more optimized version of WoS: Retribution ready within a week or less.

8. Saken

Saken

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    It's out now! Memory leak free for a more lag-free experience.

9. glebosaur

glebosaur

Resources:
    Resources:
    Seems isn't right
    upload_2017-10-25_14-42-56.png

10. Krath

Krath

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    It is as it should be. We've removed all building collision so you can build a giant base in a tiny spot. Literally every spot in the map can be made into a base because of this. However, there's still strategy behind your placement. Farms built too close together will all take any splash damage and destroy all your income at once. You can build, say, a Town Hall on the outer edges of your farms to protect them. When I start up a base, I usually bunch up my farms (not too much) and surround them with my other buildings like the Blacksmith, Barracks and Altar. It's an added security measure if Lothrim's Forces make it through my walls and towers.

Play around with it if you like. There's plenty you can do with this feature. Make a base out of a random corridor in the map, or build a tower in some pre-placed trees to make it more difficult to reach. It makes for a different playstyle than most castle defense games.

11. Ardenaso

Ardenaso

Resources:
    Resources:
    Goblin Mortar Teams have no Burning Oil and cannot outrange Spirit Towers, Troll Berserkers already start with themselves (or maybe there was supposed to be a greater level?), Food Shipment doesn't work and Dark Mage's skeletons need to benefit from upgrades, they're too useless.

12. Krath

Krath

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Thanks for letting us know. I will check all that out and post an update very soon.

13. Saken

Saken

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Once again you're our savior. Krath is gonna get these fixed now.

14. Ardenaso

Ardenaso

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well I don't really demand much but may I ask for the changelogs?

15. Ardenaso

Ardenaso

Resources:
    Resources:
    Few more things: The demolisher doesn't benefit from upgrades; The redeemer isn't mechanical; The graveyard which the nightmares spawn isn't pinged; The food supply only increases food by 50 and I don't know where to get the remaining 50 food.

16. Krath

Krath

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Awesome, thanks Ardenaso. It's easy to miss all these little things you're pointing out when we test because we're always looking at the big picture and testing specific, new things. So it's great to have someone reliable like you who can accurately find whatever we've missed. I've made all the changes you mentioned, apart from the food thing. I was planning on leaving it to be 50 food. Do you think I should give the upgrade another level for an extra 50 food after that? I thought 200 would make for too many giant, OP armies late game, but maybe not.

Also, Saken will post the update logs shortly. We've done so many little fixes that it's difficult to keep up with all we've done. He's amassing all the text notepads we've written, hopefully everything will be there.

Cheers!

17. Ardenaso

Ardenaso

Resources:
    Resources:
    150 max food should be enough. I was able to solo the game with leader with that.

18. Saken

Saken

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Update logs added. Thank you again Ardenaso.

19. Ardenaso

Ardenaso

Resources:
    Resources:
    Uhh... the Dark Mage's skeletons still doesn't benefit from upgrades. The Black Mage's skeletal marksman doesn't benefit from upgrades and that and the mummy should both benefit from elite health upgrade.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2017
  20. Krath

Krath

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Hah, you're right. I had only given the Black Wizard's skeletons the armor/damage upgrades. They now all have it, Dark Mage's summons included. Will post the update shortly.