• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece!🔗 Click here to enter!

World of Color

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Combine the influence of surrealist painting, a National Geographic documentary I saw the other day, and a Calvin and Hobbes cartoon, and you get some pretty neat stuff.

Enjoy!

Attachments

• World of ColorV2.png
    World of ColorV2.png
    387 KB · Views: 277
Last edited:
Level 23
The idea of this terrain is great, but unfortunatelly I see two things that really disturb me.
1. The really huge letters right in the foreground of your actual terrain are more than annoying to look at it terraining wise.
2. I would have liked to seen the foreground a little less foggy, because right now the whole image is rather pale. It would look better and more natural in my opinion when the foreground would be a bit clearer visible and less foggy, also the glows on the water seem a bit strange.

I would really appreciate you considering these two points and maybe trying to improve this terrain, because the lovely idea is worth it.

Level 12
Sorry it took me so long to get around to changing this. I've been really busy for the last few days. Anyway, I've edited this so that there is no longer that giant block of text. I originally tried just removing the text, but there were several problems I had with the lower part of the picture, so I just decided to remove that part altogether. So there you have it. I've updated the main post with my new version.

Status
Not open for further replies.