1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Ride into the sunset with the 32nd Modeling Contest. The contest is optionally paired. Best of luck, people!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. This adventure has come to an end. Congratulate our heroes in the 16th Mini Mapping Contest Results.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. From the gates of hell, the 5th Special Effect Contest Results have emerged.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Race against the odds and Reforge, Don't Refund. The 14th Techtree Contest has begun!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

World in Conflict

Discussion in 'Map Development' started by Kofi_Banan, Dec 1, 2007.

1. Kofi_Banan

Kofi_Banan

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Anyways, map soon will be ready to leave beta stage, known bugs were removed, balance is not bad. Win/Lose system may be edited, someitme its hard to win when both teams are pro.
    I will submit not submited models today.

2. I)eath2u4me

I)eath2u4me

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    [Off-topic]
    EDIT: Hey TDB, what's your icon of? It's been bugging me to find out.
    [/Off-topic]
    Anyway, I can't wait till next version Kofi!

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2008
  3. TheDivineBoss

TheDivineBoss

Resources:
    Resources:
    Please guys, don't flame in Kofi's (awasome) thread, if this keeps continueing I will ask to become a moderator and/or report you :/

@ 1)eath: It's my rabbit, Krijn (think of the word w(h)ine) which I caught sleeping today under the lovebird's cage.

4. WILL THE ALMIGHTY

WILL THE ALMIGHTY

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I suggest getting some of Born2Modificate's photorealistc doodads, unless the filesize is too big. They would make the rest of your military models fit better with the environment.

In any case, you might want to get doodads that fit more with the rest of your models. Not necessarily B2M's.

Also, last time I played, the helicopters were huge. Maybe tone them down a bit.

5. I)eath2u4me

I)eath2u4me

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Lol, you have a funny looking yet cool rabbit. anyway, doodads, and a very interactive enviroment/areas would make the game poyfect.

6. Feanor_

Feanor_

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I am honestly very impressed. The models all look great. So have you considered evening out the artillery playing field by adding the BM-21 Grad for the Soviets and M109 A6 Paladin for the USA?

7. Kofi_Banan

Kofi_Banan

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I dont know if i will manage to add any new model by this month. Ill be busy on making models for money xD. Paladin and Grad will be added, i also plan to add 2S7 Pion. Many models to do. I need day of inspiration and time.

8. Kil1er

Kil1er

Resources:
    Resources:
    Very well... Kofi, why paradrop plane have only 175 hp i don`t understand?

9. WILL THE ALMIGHTY

WILL THE ALMIGHTY

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    So it can be shot down easily? It actually makes for a nice tactic to shoot down drop planes before they reach the base... consider adding a way to intercept them with a fighter or something.

10. Kofi_Banan

Kofi_Banan

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    WILLTHEALMIGHTY, b2m models are huge file huge poly huge texture, map is enough big i think. Choppers were rescaled , i think they are good now. And there is a way to intercept planes. You can:
    -call Fighters with sky control ability
    -drop Vulcans or SAMs
    -use rocket infantry
    -use anti-air land vehicles

Kil1er, you are right paradrop plane will have more HP. Thx!

11. Kil1er

Kil1er

Resources:
    Resources:
    Mig 29 texture is ugly. I founded better texture and converted form other game...

Attached Files:

12. Kil1er

Kil1er

Resources:
    Resources:
    I founded bug. I ordered a lot of units and some units not became my...

Attached Files:

• ).jpg
      ).jpg
      File size:
      91.5 KB
      Views:
  13. Samuraid

Samuraid

Resources:
    Resources:
    Kil1er, please do not double post. Use the [​IMG] edit button instead if you want to add more to your post.

14. Feanor_

Feanor_

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    The Texture you posted is an Su-27 as the sign on the picture clearly says. It's also taken from another game. And finally kofi's texture for the MiG is rather well done. His planes are just too big on screen. I recommend he reduces their size so they're not such a big distraction.

15. I)eath2u4me

I)eath2u4me

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Kofi, can you send me a map with all your models in it?

16. TheDivineBoss

TheDivineBoss

Resources:
    Resources:
    Click his name..

Go to resources and stuff..

And you can find all the goodies..

17. Feanor_

Feanor_

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Some of the models are not uploaded to this site. Like his F-16, MiG-29, and a few others.

18. I)eath2u4me

I)eath2u4me

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    yea, i want the ones Feanor_ was talking about. anyway, kofi, people suggested that for my ww3 map, i add control points and stuff...it would make my map better, but i am not sure whether i should or not. i dont want to take your map idea, even though i had already thought of control points wen i first made my map, but i never added them, cuz i thought theyd be gay. as well as i thought of them, you probably thought of them way before me, idk.

2 posts to go!

19. Feanor_

Feanor_

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Kofi don't keep us in the dark. Show us the awesomeness that you're working on.

[​IMG]

20. Kofi_Banan

Kofi_Banan

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I)eath2u4me PM me what exactly models you want. Ill send them to you. I see no reason to not add CPs to your map. This idea is not my property. Firstly i would change landscape of your map, as for now CPs wouldnt improve the game much, as there is only one land pasage to enemys continent.

Feanor i had no time recently to work much. Only thing i started doing is Black hawk model.
    I also finnaly bought actual WiC game xD Ill try to make map more similar do original game, as soon as i will find some time to do it :p

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 14, 2008