• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] World Editor UI too small on new PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Hey guys,

I got a new laptop and downloaded WC3 on it, and when I went on the editor for the first time the UI is extremely small I can't even see what I'm clicking. It's just too smol. :mad:

Here's a pic of the problem:

26395vm.jpg

Anyone able to lend a hand on how to fix this issue?

Level 10
You can resize windows like the tool palette and the sidebar, but I'm not sure why the icons seem to be 1/2 size.

Is your screen resolution unusual in any way? Ridiculously huge/etc.

Yeah, 3840 x 2160. I figured it had to do with the resolution, but I don't know how to resize everything. All the buttons and drop-downs are stacked on top of each other; it's so cluttered

Level 11
All I can suggest is temporarily reducing your screen resolution when opening the editor. There may be some fancy tools out there that will upscale programs for better visibility, but that's just a guess.

Level 10
All I can suggest is temporarily reducing your screen resolution when opening the editor. There may be some fancy tools out there that will upscale programs for better visibility, but that's just a guess.

How would I go about reducing my resolution? I'm on Windows 10

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
lower down resolution to like 1600x900 it should work fine at such
A more correct resolution is 1440*1080, with black bars at the side. For him, full scale of that would be 2880*2160.

However none of this should matter for World Edit as that is not designed for a certain resolution. I am guessing there is a logic bug with scaling.

Level 10
A more correct resolution is 1440*1080, with black bars at the side. For him, full scale of that would be 2880*2160.

However none of this should matter for World Edit as that is not designed for a certain resolution. I am guessing there is a logic bug with scaling.
I just set my scaling to 150%

It works with WE perfectly, I am using my native 1080p resolution and everything in WE is scaled, including icons.

Are you sure you have the latest updates?

I scaled the resolution down to 1440:1080 then increased the text scaling to 150% and it looks like this

f45539x.jpg

Level 6
SOLUTION:

For Windows 10: Go to the World Editor application and right click and create a shortcut to it on your desktop

Right click the shortcut and goto Compatibility Settings

Under "Settings" at the bottom, check mark "Override high DPI scaling behavior" and select "Scaling Performed by" SYSTEM

fix.png

Now it should work:)

I messed with other settings but this is the only one that fixed it

Status
Not open for further replies.