• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

world editor stopped working on load

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hi, I added some models on my map and then tried to reopen so i could see my changes. But now when i try to open it the world editor just crash saying "world editor has stopped working" all the models i downloaded is approved and shouldent crash my game :S halp!

Attachments

• Danyyys big map with height.w3x
    5.5 MB · Views: 41
Level 15
The first thing to do is simply recover from a previous version, ideally the version just before you added the models.

Otherwise there's not much you can do if the map is now unopenable. Some may suggest using a hex editor to manually fix the problem, but that will take forever.

In summary:

(1) Always save your map and keep multiple versions on hand.

(2) When adding (major) new stuff, always create a recovery version before hand.

Level 3
i dident have much of an idea when i started so i was just creative and added stuff that later envolved to something bigger. Unfortunatly i dident think of making backup. But know when i have an idea, i guess i have to remake it and with a golden opportunity to improve :D

thx for your response

Level 26
But know when i have an idea, i guess i have to remake it and with a golden opportunity to improve :D

3011950.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.