• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Crash] World Editor Stopped working

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hello,

I've been working on a map, and in one of the edits I made I think my map got corrupted. I can still load it ingame, and play (This version is not finished though, so it doesn't make sense to do so), but I cannot load it in World Editor, it doesn't crash, I did not protect it, it simply stops working when I load my map.

Previous versions are protected removing as much World Editor data as possible, so they'd crash if I try to open them.

Right after or at the end of loading Object variables, game freezes and "Program stopped working" pop up shows.

I've tried:
Replacing .j for the .j of an empty map.
Replacing .w3u for the .w3u of an empty map.
Removing these files altogether.
Optimizing the map.

So far nothing worked, to be honest, I'd be quite content to just recover the terrain and start all over again on the units, since I figured out a way to do things in a better way anyway.

But, if I could recover the map itself it'd be great.

Not sure if anyone has encountered this problem before.

Map name: BounceBack Wars
Author: Veracius

Level 2
Ok, I find the map, can't open it too.
Very fun to play, if only you can add fully-functional AI to it.
Thank you, I usually get fairly positive feedback on this map, although it's in very early stages. Then again, can't work on it at the moment.

Cheers, thanks for the reply.

Level 14
Thank you, I usually get fairly positive feedback on this map, although it's in very early stages. Then again, can't work on it at the moment.

Cheers, thanks for the reply.
You can try to import only trigger scripts, and work from here (will not take that long). This map has a great potential to be a seperated project. (by that, I mean new game genre)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.