• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] worldedit.exe has stopped working

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 28
I decided to add a .blp file (Resource Icon) which was smaller than 64x64 pixels and when I changed the file in the Game Interface thingy my world editor crashed. Every time I try to open my map now it says "worldedit.exe has stopped working" after loading the doodads and all these.

Is there any way to fix this?

I read in some thread that with the MPQ editor you could erase just the files that are corrupt... but, I have no idea how and even if that thing works.

Last edited by a moderator:
First make a backup of the map (copy and paste the map).

Download a MPQ Editor.

Open the MPQ editor, and then go to "File -> Open Archive". Find your map.

Once it is opened, it might ask you for some options (select "write" mode if it asks you, and select "Use native listfile"). After that, it'll show a file structure where you can view its internal files.

Find the folder named "ReplaceableTextures". Click it. Go to "CommandButtons". Right click your file, and then delete it. Find the DISBTN and delete it as well. Then go to "MPQ -> Compact Archive". This is kind of like "saving".

Close the MPQ editor (important!) before opening the editor. Try out your map and see if it worked.

Alternatively, you can send me the map and tell me the file to delete, and I'll do it. But in general, it is good to become acquainted with the MPQ editor. It is really a great tool. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.