• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] World Editor "Referencing unknown database field"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Hi guys,

Since I started map making again, I very often get this strange message from World Editor:
"Referencing unknown database field: 'Rng' (Units\AbilityData.slk)"

It displays in yellow color at the bottom of the WE's window, often when I save a map.

I also often get many lines of warning in the same color about "possible infinite emitters" when opening some maps.

Has anyone had the same experience ?

Any idea what is causing this behavior ?

Note that I don't use any custom slk in my map, only a custom "Units\CommandStrings.txt".

Level 4
Found this on Blizzard Forum:
From BogdabW3 "Netsafe issues are a small mistake Blizzard made with an update to object data: not every SLK got updated to include the “netsafe” field, which is used for war3mapSkin.w3* file generation. The netsafe error is not harmful.
The PopcornFX rebaking error is a larger mistake Blizzard made, where not all pkb files in 1.33 are correctly loadable by the PopcornFX version that comes in the game. They have to fix these files for the errors to go away"

Level 2
Hi there. I would like some advice on the proposed downgrading of a map to fix something. I used to host Heroes and Empires, but the update broke all versions that I could find. I am hoping to fix the classic map, but would also like to fix the reforged map as well.

When I open the classic map in the editor, I see the following error message at the bottom of the screen:
Invalid object ID: ASbl
could not load file: .mdl.mdl
could not load
For the reforged version, this is the error message that I see:
referencing unknown database field: 'netsafe' (Doodads/DoodadMetaData.slk)
could not load file: .mdl.mdl
could not load file: .mdl

One thing about this map, the first 45 seconds involve the players going through a menu where they decide the difficulty, pick hero and empire, and then their specialty. Those things still work when I've tested it both online and offline. As soon as the countdown is complete, the map completely freezes and I have to force shut down WC3.

As a novice to the WC3 map editor, is there an easy way to downgrade the map? Or should I just wait until the next patch for Blizzard to fix their shit?

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.