• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

AbilityData.slk / AbilityEditor Incompatibility in 1.30

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is an update on this thread.

Hey,

my map uses imported AbilityData.slk and AbilityFunc.txt files as well as custom abilities specified in the ability editor. This is because I iterated my map on very old versions that were from a time when there was no Ability Editor.

With 1.29, and now 1.30, this stopped working. After changing the path to "/war3.mpq/units/" and updating the .slk file to be compatible with the new patch, I was able to make the editor again recognize the abilities specified in those files. But this only works if I open the default map. As soon as I load my map, the abilities are gone again.

After some experimentation, I identified the main problem:

• While the editor recognizes the AbilityData.slk and AbilityFunc.txt files in the updated directory, making any changes to the abilities in the Ability Editor makes the editor revert back to using the default files.
  • This problem occurs regardless of whether I use my AbilityData.slk file or just make slight changes to the default files for a quick test.
Is this a fixable problem? If it isn't, I see only the option of downpatching to 1.28 and starting with the tedious task of modifying all the abilities such that the custom AbilityData.slk is no longer required.

Any help is appreciated,
Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.