• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Custom AbilityData.slk in 1.30?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antares

Spell Reviewer
Level 22
Hi,

the map I'm working on is based on previous iterations that span back to the time where there was no Ability Editor, so you had to import custom AbilityData.slk and the AbilityFunc.txt files into the map to make custom abilities work.

When that editor was introduced, it became unnecessary to edit these files, but I kept them inside the map anyway. It would have been too much of an effort to get rid of them, having to redo all the abilities that were defined there. I just stopped editing them from then on.

I have the edited files

Units/AbilityData.slk
Units/HumanAbilityFunc.txt

in the imported files, as well as in the Warcraft III/Units/ directory. The former is so that the game itself recognizes the files, the second one so that the editor recognizes them.

So, here's the problem: Now with the new patches, the MPQ has been repalced by the CASC system and the editor no longer recognizes the files in the Warcraft III directory. I can still play the versions I edited before the new patches came out just fine. However, inside the Map Editor, the custom abilities defined in the .slk file don't show up and once you save the map, everything gets messed up.

So, the question is: Is there a way to make custom AbilityData.slk files work in 1.30 and have the editor recognize them?

Thanks for any help.

Cheers

Antares

Spell Reviewer
Level 22
I edited the .slk file by adding the new data fields and some other minor formatting changes. Now the file is successfully recognized when I open World Editor, but only on the default map. Once I open my map, the new abilities are gone again. There has to be some conflict with the changes done in the .slk file and the changes done in the Ability Editor.

I uploaded the abilitydata file. Maybe there's still a problem with it?

Thanks for any help again!

Attachments

• abilitydata.txt
    687.2 KB · Views: 76
Status
Not open for further replies.