• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Import] abilitydata.slk and excel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
HI there I am new here but i have goggled and searched this forum but cant find the answer

On our server we have this old map we like playing(small server) and the oak who made the map stoped sometime ago.... for some reason

Anyway he left us with a half broken map(some kills do to much damage as the tool tip suggest and some don't do damage at all (we banned most of the skills but yea we want them fixed)

Now to find the skills it is easy i use the war3map.j

but for some reason if i open the abilitydata.slk i get this from excel
attachment.php

and this

attachment.php

then excel opens the data, now if dont even edit or change anything of the data and save it again

I get this
attachment.php

Then i import it back into the map (with mpq without changing anydata in the excel file just save as .slkfile)

It makes all my spells go wonkes in the map nothing works like it should, so somehow excel is the thing braking it but with what can i edit the .slk files then?

Level 2
Thank u

I used notepad++ with loooking skills up in the .j file

but anyway the map was dota imba lod

its the one with IMBA dota where u can pick skill but anyway its bug to hell and to repair a map that is has a confuckulated war3map.j is so hard

Dunno why the oak that made the map stopped

Status
Not open for further replies.