• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Spell] Changing values in Abilitydata.slk for lvl 4+

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hi,

I am editing a map using the Abilitydata.slk and the main script war3map.j file. I want to edit a certain spell that can be casted on an allied unit to give it extra damage. The spell has 7 levels with the following values for the bonus damage:

lvl 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
bonus damage 20 30 40 50 60 70 80

I found the according line in the Abilitydata.slk file:
alias code .... levels ... DataA1 ... DataA2 .. DataA3
A109 Alat 7 20 30 40

and that's it. I can only change the damage of the first 3 levels. The war3map.j file is always refering to 'A109' and its current level when the damage is added to a unit.

But how can I change the values of the 4+ levels? Is there an extra line in Abilitydata.slk that I have missed?

Thanks in advance

Level 3
The map had been optimized with Widgetizer. I tried the same with a new map and I added a custom skill there which had 7 lvls as well The data seems to be lost for lthe higher lvls after optimzing, right? It's not possible to retrieve it?

Level 3
The data is still there because when the map is running on WC3 the values for lvl 4 and higher are still found.
I solved the problem on my own and changed the values by using a hex editor.

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.