• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Merging the database for the campaign?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
I've been working on my custom campaign and making various changes with pretty much each level (spells, units, icons, models, etc.), so that in the first level the main Hero has Ressurection as his ulti, but while making the third level I have changed my mind and changed it to Avatar (this is of course a simplification just to make the point a bit more clear, while the real issue is, I've added custom icons, changed the stats of various spells or vanilla units). I don't use the campaign database, frankly because of the various glitches it causes and it's just more convenient to edit the database within the levels themselves.

I haven't yet made any changes unique to the specific levels (an example would be changing the UI icon for workers from preasents to peons, given while you play as humans, you use orcs tech tree in this specific mission; using custom units in the AI Editor) as I suspected this would cause major problems in the long run if I don't merge everything first

The idea was, I would merge the final and complete database with the older levels, likely by exporting it into the campaign file. I've never done anything like this before and it's about the time I will have to.

My question is: How do I get around to doing it? (in case there is no simple solution, I'm ready to edit each individual level)

Last edited:
Level 18
(just responding cuz no one else did)

there is a way to do this i think but it doesn't matter cuz reforged broke custom campaigns anyway?

update: i'm not sure how to do this just wanted to bump since no one responded

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.