• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

What is this error?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 65
Howdy folks, Davey-boy here with a question about the World Editor

As of a patch or two ago, I've been seeing this when I open my map:
SLK.png

What is causing this?
A loooong time ago I had to do something to the game (Can't recall exactly what, but it included the MiscData.txt file) to allow for sharp slopes, but I never had this pop up until recently.

How do I get rid of it?
Is the sharp slopes thing causing this now?
The map opens and runs just fine, it's just this error text on startup is getting to me now :I

Thanks for reading :)

Nope, I don't have reforged - just regular ol' WC3
''Netsafe issues are a small mistake Blizzard made with an update to object data: not every SLK got updated to include the “netsafe” field, which is used for war3mapSkin.w3* file generation. The netsafe error is not harmful.

The PopcornFX rebaking error is a larger mistake Blizzard made, where not all pkb files in 1.33 are correctly loadable by the PopcornFX version that comes in the game. They have to fix these files for the errors to go away''
Strange from what i can tell this is a reforged bug are you sure that you don't have reforged?
Did you get this error after you tested your map? Because an error like this appear some time if your test your map and after that you will add in your map a custom model, that model will appear as a green box

Last edited:
Level 65
I'm 100% positive I never purchased Reforged, I remember having to go through a hassle with the launcher to let me boot up my disk-version of the original game, which got the crazy Reforged update that removed the original background and stuff

Had to extract the .MPQ files from the disk to keep making models, since the Reforged update repacked everything into the dreaded .CASQ format

I only get this error immediately after opening the map in the World Editor, after which it fades and doesn't re-appear unless I close and re-open the map
After I test a map though, it will break all of the custom icons - which become empty white squares.

Level 35
It may be Blizzard's customer service policy in providing all the latest bugs to owners of Warcraft 3, Reforged or not.

I think I have a similar error message appear, although as far as I can tell it seems to be meaningless - that is me running on Reforged, though, although I do wonder if people who do not own Reforged are still able to get the latest patches?

Status
Not open for further replies.