• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Anyone know what is this error??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi to all people of Hive!
I want to open a map with WE, but it shows an error in the end of it's loading:
untitled1-jpg.251501

Is there any one to tell me what is this error and why it is showed?? (+rep)

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Is there any one to tell me what is this error and why it is showed??
You could debug the program and see what interrupt it is sending. Then look at the assembly that produces that interrupt. If you work for Blizzard and so have access to the debug symbols you can plug those it to know exactly the cause of the error.

That's not exactly an error but rather corruption.
No it is an error with World Edit. If World Edit was written properly it would say "map corrupted" instead of causing an application level crash. It might be caused by a corrupted map but still it is a World Edit error.

You could debug the program and see what interrupt it is sending. Then look at the assembly that produces that interrupt. If you work for Blizzard and so have access to the debug symbols you can plug those it to know exactly the cause of the error.
I've selected debuging, but nothing happend and just map closed!

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

I think he's referring to the "Debug the program" you're showing in the screenshot.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

Of course the application closes when it comes across an error...

Edit: Can you share the map file?

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

It didn't crash for me on vanilla / NewGen WE. Try admin rights, re-installation of JNGP, re-installation of WC3, another computer, maybe even check ur patch if it's on 1.27 idk.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
I've selected debuging, but nothing happend and just map closed!
Probably do not have a debugger installed. It is mostly intended for debugging your own applications created with Visual Studios. Since you probably lack the source code the best bet would be a third party debugger such as ollydbg which you can use to run the editor through. Obviously everything will be in x86 assembly but the cause will be there somewhere!

Probably do not have a debugger installed. It is mostly intended for debugging your own applications created with Visual Studios. Since you probably lack the source code the best bet would be a third party debugger such as ollydbg which you can use to run the editor through. Obviously everything will be in x86 assembly but the cause will be there somewhere!
Can you link me the debugger tool?

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
The map you linked back in post #14 opens perfectly for me in JNGP. It has a ton of missing/invalid models though.

I would recommend the following...
  1. Reinstall WC3. Use an official installation source such as genuine CD or BattleNet download.
  2. Patch WC3 to lattest official patch. I believe it is 1.27.
  3. Make sure WC3 does not run in either administrator mode or compatibility mode. WC3 needs neither to work when properly set up.
  4. Reinstall JNGP. Make sure anti-virus software does not mangle the download or extracted files.
  5. Try opening map again.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
How can I understand WC3 runs in what kind of mode?
By default WC3 does not run in either. Some people incorrectly tell others to run WC3 in those modes but the reality is those modes are not needed.

Edit: My WC3 patch is already 1.27
However since the editor is crashing your install could be corrupt. Hence why I recommended a clean reinstall.

Status
Not open for further replies.