• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

World Editor - BUG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hello Guys,

first of all, sorry for my english, but now I will go straight to the problem...
about a two months ago I bought online version of Warcraft III + Datadisk on Blizzard store, because my old CD had broke. When I had installed both games and then went to the editor, I noticed that there are missing two effects:

1. Rain of Chaos' effect of green meteor - When I use ingame Archimonde's ability "Rain of Chaos," then the effect is shown, but when I want to find this effect of green meteor in editor selection bar, then it is nowhere to be found (as seen on pic1).

2. Cluster Rockets effect - the same problem as with Rain of Chaos (pic2)

Also there is another much bigger problem - missing "LOCUST" ability ( ability which makes unit invulnerable, untargetable, etc...) - it is also nowhere to be found in trigger ability selection (pic3) , and also in selection when I want to normaly add it to unit. (pic4)

In my opinion, probably Blizzard has some broken version of game on their download page. Also I was so stupid to buy this game again in CD version month ago, and there are still the same problems. Maybe there is missing more effects, units, etc. than I posted here.

Please guys, I am open to your suggestions.

Thanks.

Attachments

• pic1.png
    pic1.png
    230.5 KB · Views: 264
  • pic2.png
    pic2.png
    183.9 KB · Views: 278
  • pic3.png
    pic3.png
    130.1 KB · Views: 473
  • pic4.png
    pic4.png
    153.6 KB · Views: 146

Jampion

Code Reviewer
Level 15
The meteor is under abilities -> Inferno
The cluster rockets is under abilities -> Cluster Rockets
You cannot use locust as a base ability, but you should be able to add it to a unit.
If you want to add Locust via triggers you need to use custom script:
call UnitAddAbility(udg_YOUR_UNIT,'Aloc')

Level 2
The meteor is under abilities -> Inferno
The cluster rockets is under abilities -> Cluster Rockets
You cannot use locust as a base ability, but you should be able to add it to a unit.
If you want to add Locust via triggers you need to use custom script:
call UnitAddAbility(udg_YOUR_UNIT,'Aloc')
Thank you so much :) !... how to give you + rep?

pyf

pyf

Level 32
about a two months ago I bought online version of Warcraft III + Datadisk on Blizzard store, because my old CD had broke. [...]

In my opinion, probably Blizzard has some broken version of game on their download page. Also I was so stupid to buy this game again in CD version month ago, and there are still the same problems.
@FilĐo xD: I have read that if you attach your CD-Keys to your Battle.net account, then it allows you to download the game for free. I believe this digital download version already includes the contents of the v1.27b Patch.

When you buy a retail version of the game, you if fact buy the CD-Keys.

Level 2
@FilĐo xD: I have read that if you attach your CD-Keys to your Battle.net account, then it allows you to download the game for free. I believe this digital download version already includes the contents of the v1.27b Patch.

When you buy a retail version of the game, you if fact buy the CD-Keys.
Thanks my friend, good to know :) +rep

Status
Not open for further replies.