• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

World Editor - BUG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hello Guys,

first of all, sorry for my english, but now I will go straight to the problem...
about a two months ago I bought online version of Warcraft III + Datadisk on Blizzard store, because my old CD had broke. When I had installed both games and then went to the editor, I noticed that there are missing two effects:

1. Rain of Chaos' effect of green meteor - When I use ingame Archimonde's ability "Rain of Chaos," then the effect is shown, but when I want to find this effect of green meteor in editor selection bar, then it is nowhere to be found (as seen on pic1).

2. Cluster Rockets effect - the same problem as with Rain of Chaos (pic2)

Also there is another much bigger problem - missing "LOCUST" ability ( ability which makes unit invulnerable, untargetable, etc...) - it is also nowhere to be found in trigger ability selection (pic3) , and also in selection when I want to normaly add it to unit. (pic4)

In my opinion, probably Blizzard has some broken version of game on their download page. Also I was so stupid to buy this game again in CD version month ago, and there are still the same problems. Maybe there is missing more effects, units, etc. than I posted here.

Please guys, I am open to your suggestions.

Thanks.

Level 10
On the one hand, this is the wrong forum. You should post questions like that on the editor help uone. Second, i dont see any of the pictures you are referring to.

To your questions:

1. Rain of chaps has a field with a base ability. Rain of fire does nothing more than casting that apell multiple times in an area. Look into the "inferno" spell for the effect.

2. the effect of cluster rocket is in the main ability, missile art. The death animation of the missiles is the explosion effect.

3. Which version do you have? They didnt had many options in the first iteration of tft. Thats probably why you cannot find the locust ability.

Level 2
Thank you , very much :) , you helped me a lot. + rep
On the one hand, this is the wrong forum. You should post questions like that on the editor help uone. Second, i dont see any of the pictures you are referring to.

To your questions:

1. Rain of chaps has a field with a base ability. Rain of fire does nothing more than casting that apell multiple times in an area. Look into the "inferno" spell for the effect.

2. the effect of cluster rocket is in the main ability, missile art. The death animation of the missiles is the explosion effect.

3. Which version do you have? They didnt had many options in the first iteration of tft. Thats probably why you cannot find the locust ability.

Status
Not open for further replies.