• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

World Editor Bug

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Hi, I have a really big problem with my world editor. My editor is version 1.0.0.1 and it does not have some functions such as unit - set ability level. So I'm asking if there is any way in which i can create a hero ability which uses different triggers for each level?

I've also tried to define the change in levels of the ability by using the event "a unit learns a skill", however this does not recognize a custom skill and when I tried to convert the trigger to text and change the ability in the condition "Learned hero skill is equal to -hero skill-" to the name of the custom ability as displayed in the object editor as raw date, a script error was the result.

Can anyone please help me, because this thing is driving me mad? And before you say so, I can't upgrade my world editor version. :sad:

Level 5
Ok, people, i've solved the problem. I said I couldn't upgrade it because for some reason the patch didn't work when I tried it the first time. But after restarting my computer, and patching again, it worked. The new version has those trigger functions which I mentioned above, so problem solved.

Thanks for responding to thread all the same.

Level 18
Either way, software is updated because it has bugs, not just for new features.

Also, you should never conclude that something doesn't work simply because when you tried it once it didn't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.