• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] world editor broken??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
aight so here's the problem with my world editor.

so i downloaded the warcraft 3 patch 1.29 from one of the patch archives that was provided in this website and for some reason, when i try to open world editor, it gives me these
messages.

Screenshot (297).png
Screenshot (298).png

at first im guessing this is just a small error for a first time installation, but the problem is, these two messages keeps popping up everytime i attempt to open world editor, despite the fact that i have uninstalled the warcraft 3 files, MULTIPLE TIMES!!! this problem is really pissing me off for god's sake. if there is any solution to this problem then it will be highly appreciated.

Level 2
If you have opened Reforged World Editor once with your pc, then you need to remove a regedit entry.

Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Blizzard Entertainment\WorldEdit\Tool Windows
WJDKSGDKJSDSJDHJSD you're a life savior TYSM <333333333333333333

altho just one question, like if let's say if i have removed the regedit entry like you mentioned here, does it have a chance to come back for a second time and such? LMAOJNSUH this question sounds dumb lmao bye </3

Level 19
Batch file (.bat) or cmd.exe (launch with: Win+R, type "cmd" and press ENTER)
Code:
reg delete "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Blizzard Entertainment\WorldEdit" /v "Tool Windows" /f
If you create a .bat file, you can double-click it to quickly remove the key that causes the crash for old WorldEdit.

Status
Not open for further replies.