• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] Warcraft 3 world editor can't load models.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Hello. I have a problem with wc3 world editor. I created a human guard model and it works fine on mdlvis and war3 viewer but it just don't work in warcraft 3 world editor. Any ideas how to solve this problem?

Level 28
You need to re-load the map after importing the model, and even then it sometimes doesn't show up correctly.
If you've imported everything to the correct location (mainly textures), then it should still show up in-game though. If it doesn't, then there's something wrong with your path names (or imports).

Level 11
In world editor I replace the model with standart footman model and when I reload the map, I see a green box instead of the unit.

Level 28
Hmh, yeah. The model-file says it requires 2 (non-default) textures, but there's only 1 texture in the pack.
I just removed that second texture, seems to work fine after that.
Do you know who made this model? Might be part of a bigger pack that does include that texture...

No, import model, save map, only then use the model. No need to reload the map.
Cool, that does indeed work.

Attachments

• Human Male Guard.zip
    195.3 KB · Views: 316
Level 11
I exported this model from wow mpq files. And yes there is a second texture but my model doesn't use it, so it's not needed. And how can I remove the texture?

Level 11
It works! Finally! Thank's a lot for help, really needed this. Just can u tell me how you remove the textures ? for future models

Level 3
Oh okay, first you need to get War3 Model Editor.
Open the model, go to Windows -> Texture Manager. Find the 'unused' texture, right-click and press "remove". Save the model and it's all done.
Be careful though: those textures are probably there for a reason :p.
Thanks dude, i was same problem. Your explanation is not complete, but it was enough for me to understand what I should do. I have removed texture paths in texture manager. After that, i have imported same textures again and restoring paths. And then, it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.