• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Can't open World Editor at all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
I have collected several legal copies of Warcraft 3 over the years. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling multiple times. For some reason the world editor just stopped working. When I try to load it, nothing happens. I've tried running as admin. I'm using Windows 8, but the world editor did work for some time before this. World editor doesn't show up in task manager, so it never gets loaded at all. Warcraft 3 itself works normally. Does anybody have any suggestions for what I could try?

Level 6
- Try installing another copy of WE.
- Try installing the last version of .NET framework.

can you show us the error message or describe the problem precisly ?

Level 7
I have the latest .net framework.

When I try to boot the world editor, an icon appears next to my cursor as if loading something, then nothing happens. No error message, nothing. If I click it twice quickly (Within 10 seconds), I can get it to pop up with the message "world editor is already running", and this is the only kind of feedback I can get from the program period.

Level 7
try installing JNGP2.0 that is a hacked version of single WE with much more options

Thanks for the idea, was a good one. Upon trying to run it, it does nothing, then if I ever click it again it says the world editor is running when it isn't. The regular world editor is also apparently "running" when I try to boot it after trying to boot new gen. It still does not show up in the task manager anywhere.

The given message that "world editor is already running" when trying to boot new gen is below. Trying to boot the regular world editor is nothing but "world editor is already running".

z3J9mMM.png

I tried with the disc in for kicks, and ensured that the Kasperky program wasn't on my computer. I rebooted to ensure whatever fake instance of the world editor wasn't running, didn't matter.

Level 6
- Try changing compatibilty settings for world editor to : Windows XP Pack 2, in the WE properties (even if it work normally on all windows 8 PCs i worked on).

- Another Probability would be that the WE has been damaged by a virus.

Status
Not open for further replies.